BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

Do you want him to play MGP every single game?even when he is still not settled in.Maybe taking him out for one game will get him to push on harder.

I was surprised too.But one game doesnt mean his career for us is over!

Two games under hughes, and hasnt started one. Gets a good match as a sub, but gets benched again. Doesnt get the chance when the club is under 1-0, needs flair, crosses, heading ability++. Tugay and bothroyd gets on!

Truly amazing. Truly.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Jansen's poor game I would liked to see MGP on in the second half. Tugay looked poor and when he goot the yellow card right before the end, only played about 20 min it looked like he was about to have a heart attack. Tugay have played alot of good games for us, but now I think he is over the hill. Give the young a chance.

Morten started against Pompey because Hughes asked Souey for the starting XI, he has even said that.

Unbelievable. We even had one sub left!!! We could have taken Amo our or something, we needed a goal!!! Whats the use with 999 strikers with no man providing the crosses?

Sorry cuidado, Charlton weere doing everything MGP is showing he struggles against at present. They press, close down and make the player on the ball think and move quickly.

Based on the Man U and Pompey games, MGP would have been a passenger out there tonight.

Chill.There will be other games.

I think MGP should have started tonight,but on Saturday against Villa he most probably will or will otherwise get his chance.

Btw Hughes ASKED Souness on advice on players,NOT to name a starting 11 and for him to pick it!!

There s adifference.

Hughes was also impressed with MGP against Wales last season when he scored a goal or two.So he knows he can play.

Sorry cuidado, Charlton weere doing everything MGP is showing he struggles against at present. They press, close down and make the player on the ball think and move quickly.

Based on the Man U and Pompey games, MGP would have been a passenger out there tonight.

You'll never know with Hughes as a manager, though. All the journalists ive talked to says hes been amazing in pratice as well. Jesus.

Well someone on this board said a few days ago that Hughes was impressed with the guy after their friendly earlier this year and told him well done when he was subbed off or something.

Anyways,the point is,the guy isnt up to scratch at the moment,it will take a few games and maybe sitting out for 1 or 2 games will help him,especially as he is so confident on the days before our matches when he tells your press he thinks he will be starting,so maybe he needs to hit the ground and go from there.I think he will come good,maybe Saturday.

HEAD, BRICK WALL, ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SHUT UP!!!!

Hes woeful, inadequate, apalling.

He might come good in a while, not now, he is not the answer to our problems.

Hi everyone. A video exclusive of Morten Gamst Pedersen is now available for download at Tromsø’s website (if you are not aware of it already). The 5-minute special was made by the world-known television football magazine Fútbol Mundial and has been/will be broadcasted in more than 150 countries. Notice: The file is large (60 mb), so it might take a while to download, depending on your connection. MGP is interviewed in this video (+ some former teammates and manager) and you will see some of his goals for Tromsø this season.

MGP video

I’m from Tromsø, Norway, myself and I have followed the team closely for more than 10 years. MGP was probably the greatest talent I’ve seen on our team. In some matches he was outstanding (in fact versus the best teams, Rosenborg, Viking, Lillestrøm etc.) and he’s also proven himself well against international opposition. His only weakness was the stability, but during this season he has performed very well almost every match (before he was sold).

Knowing MGP as a player, I would be very surprised if he doesn’t succeed in the Premier League. As you all have said, he might and probably will need time to adjust. He also did when we bought him 4 years ago, but he developed into a great player.

So I hope you have patience in Morten and I’m sure he will “bloom” eventually!

anyone got any idea why I get the sound and not the pictures in WinAmp or Windows Media Player?

Sorry cuidado, Charlton weere doing everything MGP is showing he struggles against  at present. They press, close down and make the player on the ball think and move quickly.

But having scored that goal against Bournemouth, his confidence would have been up and his arrival to the pitch might have made the difference.

Jansen wasn't having a good game so I just cannot see why MGP didn't replace him late on.

I just hope that Sparky hasn't prematurely discarded MGP from the team.

Edited by rover6

A fully recovered Jansen is of far greater significance to the Rovers. Jansen played a game which showed he is fit and rapidly improving in confidencee and capability so quite rightly was given the chance to show he can last 90+ high tempo minutes.

MGP, based on his Man U and Pompey form, would have been destroyed by the Charlton pressure tactics last night and even though he scored against Bournemouth, I didn't read any reports exhonorating from that particular debacle.

Yes I desperately hope MGP also comes good but he is still not close to Premiership level at the moment.

. Jansen played a game which showed he is fit and rapidly improving in confidencee and capability so quite rightly was given the chance to show he can last 90+ high tempo minutes.

Do you really think so? He was caught in possession quite a few times last night and often look heavy-legged and ponderous. One thing is certain - he is not a midfield player. His forte is using his twisting and turning skills in tight spaces in the penalty area - witness his winner against Portsmouth.

Charlton's wide men were pressing and marking very tight against Emerton and Jansen.

Would only put Jansen on the left if we are short in that area- we dont appear to be now. Jansen needs to play up front.

Edited by John

IMO Jansen didnt show anything last night, and I can't believe that he was allowed to play a full 90min. I took me 15-20min into the second half before I realized that he was still on...

Anyway I think Jansen is getting much easier away with a poor game like that, than the likes of Emerton, Amoruso and Neill which people hack on after every single match.

So who crossed the ball for Flitcroft to hit the post?????

Krislu, I know you guys are probably a bit miffed that Pederson has been ousted by Jansen but he actually did ok last night.

Thats about the only decent thing he did during 90min yesterday, and that was after about 3min. That just confirms my point, that people only tend to see the good things in Jansen's performances, which certainly ain't the case for the rest of our players.

And no, I'm not upset that MGP didnt came on last night. I'm upset that Jansen got to play a full 90min, when we had someone (could have been Thompson, Reid, De Pedro) on the bench that should have gotten a chance when he played poor for most of the game.

Anyway I think Jansen is getting much easier away with a poor game like that, than the likes of Emerton, Amoruso and Neill which people hack on after every single match.

That's true, but I still think Jansen did ok yesterday.

Jansen for Stead for me. Stead has been crap this season. He has been sussed and needs to be rested for a while.

So who crossed the ball for Flitcroft to hit the post?????

Krislu, I know you guys are probably a bit miffed that Pederson has been ousted by Jansen but he actually did ok last night.

As previously said ,thats about all he did .If Jansens going to play ,he should be played in his forward position.Its a waste of time playing him out of position and trying to build up confidence. tinykit.gif