SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have to break MGP into the Premiership sooner or later so we may as well just throw him in at the deep end now.

It's massively annoying having the MGP fanclub contingent slating the management for dropping Pedersen. I don't care how he did against international teams - I care about how he does against Man utd, Newcastle etc. I care about how he performs in training. Based on team selection, he mustn't have been as impressive as Jansen or Reid on the left wing in training. He certainly wasn't good enough against Man Utd or Newcastle. So why the bitching?

I think we have to break MGP into the Premiership sooner or later so we may as well just throw him in at the deep end now.

It's massively annoying having the MGP fanclub contingent slating the management for dropping Pedersen. I don't care how he did against international teams - I care about how he does against Man utd, Newcastle etc. I care about how he performs in training. Based on team selection, he mustn't have been as impressive as Jansen or Reid on the left wing in training. He certainly wasn't good enough against Man Utd or Newcastle. So why the bitching?

suggesting that Amo and Matteo are the pick of the centre halves in training

wicked

Ah, but you forget that cuidado is Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Because what Mark Hughes is doing is counter-productive and totally defies belief.

The guy is a fairly big money signing. Fair enough he hasn't adapted - but what I can't understand is why Hughes isn't even giving him sub appearances.

By depriving him of any playing time, he isn't getting a chance to adapt to the league.

If you read my post closely then you'll see that I advocate throwing MGP back in the team.

However, I can't see how anybody can argue with him being dropped because at the moment we have players playing better in that position.

On Saturday I'd have had Reid on the left and kept Emo on the right. However, having watched Reid's performance, there was nothing that suggested he was inferior to what MGP has been.

If you read my post closely then you'll see that I advocate throwing MGP back in the team.

However, I can't see how anybody can argue with him being dropped because at the moment we have players playing better in that position.

On Saturday I'd have had Reid on the left and kept Emo on the right. However, having watched Reid's performance, there was nothing that suggested he was inferior to what MGP has been.

I'm not claiming MGP has a god-given right to start on the left wing. However, I believe that Hughes is displaying poor management by not even giving MGP substitute appearances.

Football is a lot to do with confidence. And a managers job is to ensure to the best of his ability that players' confidences are high so that they perform to their maximum. Look at what David Moyes has done for Kevin Kilbane's career - he looked an outstanding international player against France. A few years ago most were writing off his topflight football career, that's how awful he was for Sunderland.

If MGP comes on as a sub and creates a chance or scores a goal, his confidence will return and his transition from a Norwegian league footballer to a Premiership player will be sped up.

Keep him on the bench, however, his confidence - already dented by poor/average performances against Newcastle and Man U will only recede.

And before you know it, we have a 1.5 million failure on our hands.

Edited by rover6

Yeah! - Boooo!!! Boooo!! Hughes out!!

What about de Pedro then rover6? Why shouldn't he be playing as well? Perhaps he needs his confidence boosting? In fact lets play them all - just to get their confidence up.

Maybe, just maybe, Hughes doesn't think he / they're up to it just yet? Maybe, MGP picked up a knock in training or when he was playing for Norway? Maybe he's got the flu?

But no. Let's just say "what Mark Hughes is doing is counter-productive and totally defies belief".

Seems like you put things in R6's mouth, I must say..

It must be allowed to be disappointed with his choices..

Would like to see Gamst get some games soon, and even though he COULD have a hard match against Chelsea I'm quite sure he'll take the positives more than the negatives. He does not seem like a player lacking confidence, and some games will do him good regardless of our opponent.

For me the real reason I wouldn't play Pedersen is that he looks ridiculously light weight in the premiership and every time I have seen him play he is just easily brushed off the ball.  He has shown nothing as yet for Rovers and needs to adapt to the training regime and play in the reserves before he comes into the first team.

I REALLY hope Hughes get somebody to bash him about in training to give him some fight whilst working on building his upper body strength.  He could well be very good, but right now he just isn't a premiership player.  I'd hate to see him up against one of the best right backs in the world in Ferreira on Saturday, because he'd just be played out of the game.  He isn't ready.

I'm sorry to repeat myself but I think that if Hughes is a good manager he will address this problem and that this is having an affect on Pedersen's return to the first team and adapting to the league.

I would prefer De Pedro ahead of Pedersen at the moment because of his experience in the game and strength that are both required against teams like Chelsea and his pin point crosses to help solve our poor goal scoring record this season - if Emerton is failing in this respect then De Pedro can help and againt a narrow chelsea midfield I doubt his lack of pace will be exploited as much.

I think Pedersen looks a real prospect, full of energy and looking to beat his man, but whats the use when he's just barged off the ball at every turn.

Rover6, I fail to see what sub appearences will achieve - it's hardly enough time to let him make an impact on the game and ultimately time in the reserves will get him to grips with the english game.

Edited by tcj_jones

Seems like you put things in R6's mouth, I must say..

It must be allowed to be disappointed with his choices..

Would like to see Gamst get some games soon, and even though he COULD have a hard match against Chelsea I'm quite sure he'll take the positives more than the negatives. He does not seem like a player lacking confidence, and some games will do him good regardless of our opponent.

Yeah - I'd like to see him get a game soon. Same as I'd like to see de Pedro get a game soon. Along with Bothroyd and Jansen as well.

Ultimately though we don't get to see these players in training. What's to say that de Pedro has been the better player in training? or perhaps Steven Reid may have done more last week to convince Hughes to play him ahead of them both?

Let's just slow things down a bit. Hughes needs a bit of time to find out who his best players are. Give it a few more weeks and he'll have a better idea as to the strengths of weaknesses of the squad.

If MGP is good enough I'm sure he'll get a game soon enough. But if he doesn't are we to just presume that Hughes doesn't know what he's doing? Or isn't he allowed to not rate one of the previous Managers signings?

I just feel it's a bit off to start talking in terms of "poor management", "defying belief" and "1.5m failures"s.

I believe you Bryan.

It will take some time for Hughes to evaluate the players at all levels. Let's not forget this is the first week he has had without the distractons of the Welsh job. I feel that, for now the Boss feels MGP, is too lightweight. after more time he may well decide his skill level overcomes this. I am sure he will figure.

Edited by USABlue

Fair enough, Bob, I agree with you on that one.. I actually feel that we have to many players at the moment, who are good but not great. It's hard for players like Gamst and De Pedro to get into the 16 man squad at the moment..

EDIT: laugh.gif Radagast, I was actually thinking "okay, I should edit that" but then I figured no one would bother.. wink.gif

We should play De Pedro on the left, MGP as his understudy. In the new FM Gold demo this works a treat. De P is a god in it. Hughes knows nothing. I should be in charge.

Anyone notice how many members who regularly post on this thread were not around before we signed MGP? ohmy.gif

Fair enough, Bob, I agree with you on that one.. I actually feel that we have to many players at the moment, who are good but not great. It's hard for players like Gamst and De Pedro to get into the 16 man squad at the moment..

EDIT: laugh.gif Radagast, I was actually thinking "okay, I should edit that" but then I figured no one would bother.. wink.gif

laugh.gif Nothing's too low for Radagast.

....you know I should probably go back and edit that....nah, noone will bother. rolleyes.gif

is too lightweight. after more time he may well decide his skill level overcomes this

Mmmmm..............

You mean like Duff was USA? dry.gif

Regardless of what's what - we have left footed left sided players so lets start using them.