BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

No you're right, Advocaat was a complete disaster at Rangers, and I wouldn't want him within a country mile of the job!

I suspect, having just finished his autobiography, that the author of this post is actually Lorenzo Amoruso!!! tongue.gif

laugh.gif

And as far as suggestions about Harry Redknapp go - NO!

People might start receiving their wages in brown paper bags. Hard-won financial stability is not to be thrown away.

If you're going to suggest Redknapp, you might as well suggest Kinnear.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes' odds have now been unsuspended on SkyBet

imo Hughes could be disastrous. The biggest criticism of GS was that his tactical nous was poor as was his ability to manage and motivate his players s in dividuals, these qualities are absolutely imperative nowadays. Those abilities ...or lack of em constitute the biggest question marks over Hughes, especially the motivation cos by and large motivational skills are not required for managing minor international teams.

Tried and tested candidates only please there is no room for sentiment.

Edited by thenodrog

imo Hughes could be disastrous. The biggest criticism of GS was that his tactical nous was poor as was his ability to manage and motivate his players s in dividuals, these qualities are absolutely imperative nowadays. Those abilities ...or lack of em constitute the biggest question marks over Hughes, especially the motivation cos by and large motivational skills are not required for managing minor international teams.

Halle-fricken-lujah.

I love it when out of the blue someone just pops up and applies some sense to the arguement.

I think Redknapp would be a superb choice.

I always thought he did a superb job at West Ham on a very small budget.  His role in bringing on young players is there for all to see, and he would be someone who IMO could get the most out of the academy.

I was gobsmacked when he was fired by West Ham, and always felt that the West Ham board were suffering delusions of grandeur.

His efforts with Portsmouth show he has developed a decent eye for a transfer as well....

... something that he often lacked whilst in charge of the Hammers.

Having said that... people who know more about this than I say he would be almost impossible to lure north due his family committments down south.

I'm not sure about Redknapp. At West Ham, he did give a lot of young players their chance in the team, BUT 1) they were exceptional young players before he took over coaching them & 2) if you look at the squad he left excluding those your players, i.e. the people he brought in, it was pretty desperate.

He does seem to motivate the players at Pompey pretty well though, as most of the aging players he's brought in looked pretty suspect at the time, so maybe he's improved.

On other names mentioned, I'd be a bit annoyed if we got Hughes when Dowie was available, as Hughes has literally no experience of managing a club side. Would be ok if we had a great bunch of players and were guaranteed a mid-table finish, but seems a big gamble for a team flirting with relegation.

Edited by The Producer

Halle-fricken-lujah.

I love it when out of the blue someone just pops up and applies some sense to the arguement.

I think I'm going to blush Toogs.......I'm not used to being praised on here! laugh.gif

Anyway...... and this is well unfair I know but there's just something about Sparky's quiet demeanour that is a taj reminiscent of Jim Iley! sad.gif

BTW Has anybody read Fergy's book to see if there is any reference to Sparkys managerial qualities cos like him or hate him the old RFW was bang on right about Kiddo!

Fair enough, but i have my doubts over Strachan. Well, I don't envy the job JW has, whoever he hires will cause some sort of debate amongst us all. wink.gif

Could Roy Hodgson  unsure.gif be the man?

I would like someone who prefer an attacking style of play, give the job to the norwegian national coach, Åge Hareide!!!

Umm Bilbo, you are either a shocking student of history, a woeful judge of managerial talent, or a tremendously subtle humorist. For your sake i hope the latter is true.

Edited by samtheozzy

I would like someone who prefer an attacking style of play, give the job to the norwegian national coach, Åge Hareide!!!

Umm Bilbo, you are either a shocking student of history, a woeful judge of managerial talent, or a tremendously subtle humorist. For your sake i hope the latter is true.

Or maybe we could sign up Egil "drillo" Olsen, he has a nice track record and is highly rated in England as well...

Hmmmm

Trying to be positive - and YES it was a joke!!!!! biggrin.gif

I really don`t know who would be the right manager - but I feel that the board should consider style of play as well as manegerial history.

Wouldn`t it be nice if we started to make goals again?

I don't know, there's something in giving Hodgson another go, if he's learnt from the mistakes he made last time around.

For most of his tenure, Roy did an awful lot right.

I think you might have misplaced this -

user posted image

Who wrote that article in the LET: "You could do worse than Kenny"

Summary of article:

- Kenny is who we need, tried and tested, would get respect from players, but he screwed up since he left, and wouldn't really get that much respect. And I don't think we'll hire him, but he's just what we need.

- George Graham is a discipliniarian with a great track record. We could do a lot worse than him.

- But my number one choice is someone with no track record - Hughes.

unsure.gif

I think the bottom line is everyone who's immediately available either has top-flight experience (but is tarnished in some way), or is rated highly (but has no top-flight experience) - whether this high-rating is the subject of media tittle-tattle or what I dunno. Of course you could get someone in from abroad who has top-level epxerience, but that might be seen as an added gamble. Worth bearing in mind that Wenger was managing Grampus Eight when Arsenal came in.

There's no one safe option in my mind.

Who wrote that article in the LET: "You could do worse than Kenny"

Summary of article:

- Kenny is who we need, tried and tested, would get respect from players, but he screwed up since he left, and wouldn't really get that much respect. And I don't think we'll hire him, but he's just what we need.

- George Graham is a discipliniarian with a great track record. We could do a lot worse than him.

- But my number one choice is someone with no track record - Hughes.

unsure.gif

I think the bottom line is everyone who's immediately available either has top-flight experience (but is tarnished in some way), or is rated highly (but has no top-flight experience) - whether this high-rating is the subject of media tittle-tattle or what I dunno. Of course you could get someone in from abroad who has top-level epxerience, but that might be seen as an added gamble. Worth bearing in mind that Wenger was managing Grampus Eight when Arsenal came in.

There's no one safe option in my mind.

Glenn Keeley