BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Anyway g'wan Jim do as you have been asked and nominate your preferred choice for our new manager. Or has the cat got your tongue? Rover6 has made a complete d1ck of himself with his continual chirping about Sturrock. I suggest that your cunning and fear of future ridicule is all that is preventing you from coming out of your closet.

Absolutely spot on I would say TND. No Huevos, all mouth, bad mouth at that. After claiming Dwight Yorke signing was the second coming I can understand why he is a little reluctant to stick his neck out.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree that Hoddle is a good coach. His strength is his tatical nous. Remember the comment to Beckham "I don't think you have the skill to do that..." . Thanks for the encouragement "Coach".

Additionally Hoddle as a man is arrogant (he wasn't called chocolate for nothing), has zero man management skills and his personal views on football and other things stink. Who here is going to be happy when he appoints Eilene Drewery as his assistant manager!

There is no way he could hold together a dressing room.

I will back whoever gets the job, begrudgingly if it's someone like Houllier or just about if it's someone like Reid (though I will be FAR from happy) But....I will NEVER back Hoddle. Not in a million years.

Hughes, with Newell as assistant would be an excellent choice, then newell can manage and pick the team when Sparky's away with Wales.

Question is: would Newell want an assistant manager's job if he's top of his league?

btw: peter ried is a no-no

PS. Just to my neck on the line.......

1st Choice - Strachan

2nd Choice - Hughes - whilst he lacks experience, I'm not inspired by the other choices.

3rd Choice - Redknapp (Puts tin hat on) - I think he'd make some good signings that just might inspire some of the crowds back. He didn't do too bad at West Ham till they stopped backing him. Plus, his daughter in law is fit!

No in general to Houllier, Jewell, Royle, Robson, Reid. Anyone else I'd give em a chance.

Skybet -

Hughes 6/4

Advocaat 7/2

Moyes 4/1

Of the three I'd undoubtedly prefer Moyes. Not quite sure where that one is coming from though?

EDIT: And Betfair have added O'Leary........

Edited by Tugay4England

Would love O'Leary to be manager, but can't see him leaving Aston Villa, who are one of thew clubs that:

1. Have money

2. Financially sound

3. On the up

-Rovers can only claim point two on that list... perhaps the reported wage GS was on could tempt hi mtho... but wasnt Villa's tonk of a chairman reportedly asking for 2mill compensation when Newcastle supposedly came knocking?

My choices

1/ Moyes - Proven that he can work on a limited budget and bring on talented youngsters which is exactly what this club needs.

2/ Dowie - I'm not sure why. I have just been very impressed with the way he has got both Crystal Palace and Oldham playing. Again a man that can work within limited resources.

3/ Hughes - Down here due to his lack of experience at club level. Potentially he could be one of the best but are we willing to take that risk?

So, I'm sitting around the living room last night with a book. The wife walks by and I try to grope her. She turned and yelled at me: READ.

Therefore, I believe Peter Reid is already the choice.

(My 3: Dowie, Strachan and Hoddle - why is he considered a dreamer yet BFS is considered a risk taker?)

Well my little lad was out in the garden half-heartedly sanding down the back fence. My wife went over to inspect it and, when he asked her what she thought, she turned and yelled: IT'S SO BOBBLY! RUB SON!

But I didn't read anything into it.

So, I'm sitting around the living room last night with a book. The wife walks by and I try to grope her. She turned and yelled at me: READ.

Therefore, I believe Peter Reid is already the choice.

(My 3: Dowie, Strachan and Hoddle - why is he considered a dreamer yet BFS is considered a risk taker?)

Well my little lad was out in the garden half-heartedly sanding down the back fence. My wife went over to inspect it and, when he asked her what she thought, she turned and yelled: IT'S SO BOBBLY! RUB SON!

But I didn't read anything into it.

laugh.gif Very good

Given that the backroom staff are gone and that we haven't had a good coach since Ray Harford, I am tending towards an appointment that puts reasonable quality across both management and coaching. So my 3 are

1) Dowie

2) Redknapp/Newell

3) Venables/Shearer

Not that I think any of them will happen

Can someone tell me exactly why we all dislike Sturrock so much? Am I right in thinking that its purely because a certain board member advocated him for so long? Sturrock actually has a very impressive record wherever he has been, it would be extremely harsh to judge him on the Southampton debacle. That said, I dont particularly want him, but we could do worse.

Can someone tell me exactly why we all dislike Sturrock so much? Am I right in thinking that its purely because a certain board member advocated him for so long? Sturrock actually has a very impressive record wherever he has been, it would be extremely harsh to judge him on the Southampton debacle. That said, I dont particularly want him, but we could do worse.

I personally dont want to see him at Ewood, because I dont think he could handle the dressing room. GS saw the beginning of the effects of that, and I dont think PS could bring anything else to the team that would do the same. Good tactician, but I think he needs another year or so in the lower divisions before making the step up. Plus, applying for Preston as well as Rovers shows he's not really in it for the passion, and says (to me) a lot about his ambition.

Why the hell will Newell be a good assistant? or indeed, Shearer?

Do any of the people putting them forward have first-hand experience of their coaching abilities? Have they been given a glowing testimonial as to the abilities of such people by mysterious third-parties?

No, they bleeding well haven't! It's the new parlour game, pluck a name out of the hat, "Whaddya get, Granny?"; "I got Ronnie Hildersley as Technical Director, Father Ted as Manager, and Alan Shearer in charge of making the teas!"; "Cool, I'll just pump that into Championship Manager - 'for those with too much free time' and see what happens!"

It's balls, absolute twads. Shearer doen't even have any managerial experience, he's not finished playing yet! Does he even have a badge (apart from Cub Scouts Boxing)?

I'm going for Stephen Hawking as Manager and Sir Alf Ramsey as Assistant. Stephen has zilch experience but will be good with formations, and Sir Alf can wipe his bum.

Sorted.

The only reason I suggested Newell as assistant was because he's had (albeit lower) league experience. Couple that with Hughes as manager, and I think it'd be a good combo. I do, however, concur that Shearer in any sort of managerial role, is quite possibly the stupidist thing since Florida's cock-up in the last election.

Why the hell will Newell be a good assistant? or indeed, Shearer?

Do any of the people putting them forward have first-hand experience of their coaching abilities? Have they been given a glowing testimonial as to the abilities of such people by mysterious third-parties?

No, they bleeding well haven't! It's the new parlour game, pluck a name out of the hat, "Whaddya get, Granny?"; "I got Ronnie Hildersley as Technical Director, Father Ted as Manager, and Alan Shearer in charge of making the teas!"; "Cool, I'll just pump that into Championship Manager - 'for those with too much free time' and see what happens!"

It's balls, absolute twads. Shearer doen't even have any managerial experience, he's not finished playing yet! Does he even have a badge (apart from Cub Scouts Boxing)?

I'm going for Stephen Hawking as Manager and Sir Alf Ramsey as Assistant. Stephen has zilch experience but will be good with formations, and Sir Alf can wipe his bum.

Sorted.

....Not quite. Who would you put on the tannoy?

Well, I'm glad you agree about Shearer.

Re: Newell, he has no pedigree as a coach, none whatsoever. He's only ever been a manager. Sooooo ...

a) How do you now he'll happily become someone's number 2, watching them make the decisions, when he'd wanted that job all along?

cool.gif How do you know that he'd be a good coach of players? He's never coached before, presumably he delegated those responsibilities at Hartlepool and when he moved to Luton?

blink.gif

Edit: Toogs can go on the tannoy and tell his invisible friend to get off the pitch!

Edited by Bryan

Well, I'm glad you agree about Shearer.

Re: Newell, he has no pedigree as a coach, none whatsoever. He's only ever been a manager. Sooooo ...

a) How do you now he'll happily become someone's number 2, watching them make the decisions, when he'd wanted that job all along?

B) How do you know that he'd be a good coach of players? He's never coached before, presumably he delegated those responsibilities at Hartlepool and when he moved to Luton?

:blink:

Edit: Toogs can go on the tannoy and tell his invisible friend to get off the pitch!

Assistant managers, as far as I'm aware, dont necaserily need to be a coach. While I'm by no means certain, if memory serves Cotteril at Sunderland and Grip and England dont do coaching. And if they did, fair enough... but doesnt Hughes take coaching for Wales, so he could do that if Newell was number 2.

Edited by Parasyte