SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we appoint Houllier the financial stability that has taken so long, and so much sacrifice, to achieve would be gone before the end of the season as he buys up overpriced and overrated nobodies from abroad (mainly France) and we are saddled with huge transfer fees and a massive player surplus who nobody wants to buy.

Surely the money has to be there for him to blow it? I would be glad of Houllier's coaching abilities more than an anything else.

If we appoint Houllier the financial stability that has taken so long, and so much sacrifice, to achieve would be gone before the end of the season as he buys up overpriced and overrated nobodies from abroad (mainly France) and we are saddled with huge transfer fees and a massive player surplus who nobody wants to buy.

Surely the money has to be there for him to blow it? I would be glad of Houllier's coaching abilities more than an anything else.

Agreed, but it's fair to assume that the board will authorise a modest amount for the new manager to spend when the next transfer window opens. Can you see Houllier trawling around the likes of Huddersfield for another Jon Stead? Or do you think he'll spend his modest sum, say £1.5m, in procuring a dodgy fullback from the French 1st Division who has half a dozen caps for some island group off the coast of Antartica?

Sorry boys, Houllier just says malaise to me. He is to football what Jimmy Carter was to American politics.

Current odds with SKY BET

M Hughes 6/4

D Advocaat 7/2

Moyes 7/2

Strachan 8/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Newell 14/1

Hoddle 16/1

Houllier 16/1

Reid 16/1

Curbishley 20/1

Jewell 20/1

Royle 20/1

Allardyce 25/1

Graham 33/1

Gregory 33/1

McLeish 33/1

O'Leary 33/1

Parkes 33/1

Venables 33/1

Bobby Robson 50/1

Bruce 50/1

Keegan 50/1

Megson 50/1

Shearer 50/1

T Francis 50/1

Bryan Robson 66/1

G Francis 66/1

Taylor P 66/1

Edited by Jordan

I think Diouf suffered by being played out of position, he looked great up front for Senegal when being played as a striker but looked poor on the wing.

I honestly think he will do well at Bolton, still don't think Houllier is the man for us, just don't see him being able to lift the spirit in the dressing room.

Diouf ripped us to shreads in both games he played at Ewood last season especially in the Carling Cup.

so did Heskey

anyone for Gianluca Vialli ? Not been mentioned anywhere on here unsure.gif

I think that he could be a possibility. Didn't do that well with Watford-but he had limited funds and a very limited squad. However Luca was superb at Chelsea and was very harshly given the chop. He definitely deserves another chance in football management-whether it's with us I doubt, but as I said it's another possibility.

My 'Dream ticket' would be Kenny Dalglish as manager with Tim Sherwood as his assistant.

Alan Irvine returning as coach.

Ah yes, the man renowned for delivering results under a tight budget and absolutely not getting teh hump when the purse strings are tightened, Kenny; along with that renowned assistant manager Tim Sherwood.

The only sensible suggestion there is Alan Irvine.

Do people actually give their suggestions serious thought or do they just plump for favourite ex-players and managers.

Gordon Bennett.

That Houllier hitlist Percy posted earlier was scary. Houllier could genuinely knacker this club. I'd rather have Peter Reid and that is saying something.

I think we have a sensible board.

Unless someone has applied out of the blue they have a decision to make on 2 individuals.

Hughes- No club management experience, may be reminded of Kidd.

Strachan- Out of work, has worked with a tight budget before.

Maybe Moyes if available but I reckon its down to these two with the later likely to be appointed over the weekend. The board actually met today.

I will be more interested now in paper gossip tomorrow and over the weekend.

Edited by John

My 'Dream ticket' would be Kenny Dalglish as manager with Tim Sherwood as his assistant.

Alan Irvine returning as coach.

Ah yes, the man renowned for delivering results under a tight budget and absolutely not getting teh hump when the purse strings are tightened, Kenny; along with that renowned assistant manager Tim Sherwood.

The only sensible suggestion there is Alan Irvine.

Do people actually give their suggestions serious thought or do they just plump for favourite ex-players and managers.

Gordon Bennett.

That Houllier hitlist Percy posted earlier was scary. Houllier could genuinely knacker this club. I'd rather have Peter Reid and that is saying something.

Tim Sherwood is one of the most intelligent people I've heard talk in football actually.

Led a mini-drssing room revolt against long ball football which led to him being axed form the side and transfered out the club.

A man who stands by his footballing principles.

You've got a point with Kenny and the purse strings though !

I was told today that a source from inside the club said that the players were doing cartwheels when Souness announced his departur,e and that he had lsot the players, and was 3 or 4 games from the sack. Moyes was mentioned as a popular choice with the club.

I should imagine the players outside the team were doing cartwheels.

Would you like to work for a strict boss ? or would you prefer Easy Street ?