SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JW made it plain that Rovers would not go and approach a manager but wait for people to contact them, before drawing up a short-list.

And Mark Hughes has made it plain that he will not be approaching Rovers when he said, 'I don't expect them to call.' wtte

And as both are supposedly men of their word, I wonder if the Hughes rumours are just that - rumours. And perhaps a smokescreen for another target.

On a different note. Can we end this debate about whether or not Houllier is a good manager? It shouldn't evenbe a debate because the facts clearly prove that he is an imbecile, incapable of managing a top club. Here is the proof:

A) France national team - England weren't the only ones to miss World Cup 1994 because France's very own Turnip, Gerard Houllier, then national manager, managed to screw up big time. He blamed the failure to qualify on David Ginola's poor back pass, although he should be reminded that qualification is achieved over more than one game.

B.) Liverpool - look beyond the plastic treble. Think about players under Houllier's tutelage. Owen and Heskey classic examples. Both were promising players at Liverpool - but both were raw and needed developing and improving my a decent coach. Look at them now. Owen is a shadow of the player he once was (sadly a great talent has turned into a player who just looks for balls over the top) and Heskey has been impersonating a donkey for much of his recent career.

C) Houllier's transfer record has been shocking. Cheyrou, Titi Camara, Eric Meijer - need I go on.

Edited by rover6

Who's this source then, John Williams?

There's no glory in claiming to know the facts in advance, only the potential to look like a plonk if things turn out differently.

wink.gif

Dont you read. Its from the LET

Hughesmeister. You reference the LET as to the source of the four names you mentioned above.

So being the bored individual I am this afternoon I just had a look at the LET article.

Mentions of Advocaat = 0

Mentions of Houlier = 0

Mark Hughes and Iain Dowie are 2 of 3. Expect the 3rd to be either Houlier or Advocaat.

I believe this is what Hughesy is refering to. I have highlighted a number of points. wink.gif

LET

And they have now drawn up a short-list of targets which is believed to contain just three names.

The club are refusing to be drawn on the identity of the men in the frame.

But Wales boss Mark Hughes and the Crystal Palace manager Iain Dowie are both thought to be in the shake-up.

Williams refused to be drawn today on the identity of the targets on the club's hit-list.

Who's this source then, John Williams?

There's no glory in claiming to know the facts in advance, only the potential to look like a plonk if things turn out differently.

wink.gif

Dont you read. Its from the LET

Hughesmeister. You reference the LET as to the source of the four names you mentioned above.

So being the bored individual I am this afternoon I just had a look at the LET article.

Mentions of Advocaat = 0

Mentions of Houlier = 0

And Dowie and Hughes?

No mention i know. I told you i phoned to confirm with the guy i know at the LET

And Mark Hughes has made it plain that he will not be approaching Rovers when he said, 'I don't expect them to call.' wtte

Do you seriously believe everything people say in football?!?

Hughes would have been a bit daft to announce he's applying for the Rovers post on the eve of a crucial world cup qualifier.

Hughes would have been a bit daft to announce he's applying for the Rovers post on the eve of a crucial world cup qualifier.

I thought he adnt applied??? withstupid.gif

And Mark Hughes has made it plain that he will not be approaching Rovers when he said, 'I don't expect them to call.'

He didn't finish his sentence.

Under his breath he continued "because I'm gonna call them just as soon as I finish this press conference"

I thought he adnt applied??? withstupid.gif

What are you on about now numbnuts? rolleyes.gif

'I don't expect them to call.'

Did he say whether he had called us ? ohmy.gif In which case he wouldn't be expecting 'them' to call,would he? And he might well have called just to see without actually applying at the time.

Now I've got myself confused ph34r.gifwacko.gif

I shall be glad when this is all sorted out - and no doubt Jim will. It must be very hard on him not knowing what to moan about. huh.gif

Edited by roversmum

A guy who works for the BBC and posts on another forum that i visit (www.40percent.tv):

Posted by Seamus:

Blackburn have approached the welsh FA for premission to begin talks with Mark Hughes to take over as their manager. I also understand that if this is turned down then Houllier and Strachan are 2nd and 3rd choice.

He is usually a very reliable source of information.