BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Just get Dowie in ASAP.

I like Hughes, but I can't be doing with soemone who has split loyalties.

Moyes hasn't been approached as far as I know, so for me it has to be Dowie. Sooner the better, I don't really want TP picking another team. Who would be next for a recall, Peacock and Ward?!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kamy is that still the seame story that is over the teletext pages and other media sites ?

You must surely have some insider information as to what is going on at Rovers, come on put us all out of our misery sad.gif

I was actually speaking to a guy that works up at the adademy on saturday and he was saying that everyone there says its Hughes who has got the job if he wants it.

I was never 100% certain about the odds that were being quoted for Hughes anyway, as 1) I wasn't sure whether the club had him as No.1 target, 2) Whether he would leave the Wales job, and 3) whether he had the ability as a coach.

I would never doubt his motivational skills but that only goes so far.

What I do find very odd is the money that people are trying to put on Advocaat, when there has only ever been stories in the press of him being interested in us rather than us in him.

People are trying to put thousands on him at around 7/2.

I would have to say that people have been very negative about the possible candidates, other than Hughes, Dowie and Moyes.

I think that people like Strachan, there has been some support for him on here I think, Advocaat, Houllier are very highly rated managers within the game due to what they have done over there managerial carear's rather than there most recent failures.

I think that whom ever may come in, maybe like the appointment of Souness at Newcastle, maybe it won't be such a bad thing if we don't have all this expectation about how great they will be, aka Kidd, and give the guy a chance and see what happens.

That 'Honeymoon' period if you like will only be till Christams though as if things don't start happening for us soon, as I am sure you all agree, we will be in big trouble.

Just checked the odds again before I posted and it looks as though the punters are going for Dowie now at around 4/1 with Advocaat and Hughes both around 9/2.

Kamy is that still the seame story that is over the teletext pages and other media sites ?

You must surely have some insider information as to what is going on at Rovers, come on put us all out of our misery sad.gif

I was actually speaking to a guy that works up at the adademy on saturday and he was saying that everyone there says its Hughes who has got the job if he wants it.

laugh.gif You and your sources again!

Is the 'guy' more reliable than uncle Warburton and old cousin Hovis?

Edited by Ossydave

I do have information but none of it is reliable. To be fair the club has done a very good job of keeping the name of who is the main target a secret. The only people who really know what the main target John Williams and the Board and nobody has leaked any information.

What I have heard is that Hughes is the main target, whether they get him is another matter. A colleague of mine in London who works for the Independent has told me that there is a lot of speculation about Dowie but none of it thus far has come from either Rovers or Crystal Pailace.

This story about Hughes which has hit the various website is an old one I remember seeing it in one the papers on Saturday so I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by Kamy100

This is genuine. A guy that works at the academy as a coach for the younger players.

This is genuine. A guy that works at the academy as a coach for the younger players.

Ever heard the story of the boy who cried Wolf ??

Just back from the bookies ... managed to get Strachan still at 10-1

ohmy.gif

cool.gif

btw I notice most of the online sites have taken the "next Rovers manager" off the site, and even in the shop they didn't have the odds readily available - they had to ring up for them

Ever heard the story of the boy who cried Wolf ??

Wolf? From Gladiators? Come on Ste - not even Hughesy would suggest him.

Actually thanks for the exclusive Hughesy about, er, Hughesy. I'm just going for a lie down to digest that news. Mark Hughes eh? Who'd have thought? wink.gif

How the hell would he know? Is John Williams coaching the youth teams now?

I'm sure most of us have 'sources' within the club and it's easy to find out a lot of stuff, i.e details on the new kit in the summer for example but I think it's safe to say no-one apart from the board have any idea as to who will be our next manager.

With all the 'insider info' you spout on here you're bound to get one right eventually through the laws of averages alone but stop posting drivel to try and look ITK, it doesn't work wink.gif

ohmy.gif

cool.gif

btw I notice most of the online sites have taken the "next Rovers manager" off the site, and even in the shop they didn't have the odds readily available - they had to ring up for them

I currently stand to win about £20 if Hughes is the new manager, about £100 if it's either Strachan or Dowie, about £150 if its Moyes, and about a grand if it's Martin O'Neill (£2 at odds of 580 on betfair)! There will be some singing in the streets of Sale if Martin O'Neill joins I can tell you.

Obviously I lose a bundle if it's anyone else!!

ohmy.gif

cool.gif

I currently stand to win about £20 if Hughes is the new manager, about £100 if it's either Strachan or Dowie, about £150 if its Moyes, and about a grand if it's Martin O'Neill (£2 at odds of 580 on betfair)! There will be some singing in the streets of Sale if Martin O'Neill joins I can tell you.

It's going to be Keegan I'm afraid to say.

He's been seen at the petrol station on Preston New Road..the Samlesbury one I think..oh and he's a good mate of JW.

ohmy.gif

cool.gif

It's going to be Keegan I'm afraid to say.

He's been seen at the petrol station on Preston New Road..the Samlesbury one I think..oh and he's a good mate of JW.

Oh my god, in preston!

rolleyes.gif

Anyone know where I can find more info on the Hearts manager. Sounds like a bloke worth a shot. With relegation this term being a real possiblity we may need someone in for the long term who can rebuild from the ground up, it's possible this fella has those credentials.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the FA of Wales today insisted that they have had no approach from Rovers and Mark Hughes also confirmed his commitment to the Wales job.

"I’ve no plans to leave the (Wales) post, which is more than just a job to me,” said Hughes. “I am a Welshman, who is as proud today of being national team manager as I was on the day I was appointed."