SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have different opinions which makes dicussing football interesting. But how can anyone really believe that jewell is going to inspire rovers players to do anything. I really think rovers should aim higher, i understand not everyone would be interested. P.s Am i the only one getting really pi**ed off with everyone's view on rovers??? i know love is blind, but what have we done for so many people to give the impression they hold a grudge against rovers

We all have different opinions which makes dicussing football interesting. But how can anyone really believe that jewell is going to inspire rovers players to do anything. I really think rovers should aim higher, i understand not everyone would be interested. P.s Am i the only one getting really pi**ed off with everyone's view on rovers??? i know love is blind, but what have we done for so many people to give the impression they hold a grudge against rovers

Well, it seems as if we've turned everyone over in the last 70+ pages and we're still none the wiser.

The only thing that is evident is that you can't please everyone.

I'm going to sit back and wait for the board to make the decision and then stand back for the flack (whichever poor s*d it is that gets the job) before they've even started.

Regarding the 'grudge' towards Rovers, it does seem to be getting worse lately. There are a lot of people who still hate us for winning the Premiership. We just have to keep on being the 'proper human beings' (where have I heard that before? ohmy.gif ) that we are I can feel myself getting in the Millwall mode 'Everyone hates us and we don't care...' I suppose in one way it's better people talking about the club rather than just ignoring us!

And if I hear much more about Souness and the barcodes from the press I'm going to lose it big time....... mad.gif Thank God he's gone.

Edited by roversmum

From a Palace messageboard

spoke to Iain tonight at the reserves match against Spurs in Stevenage (Broadhall way) and asked him if there was any truth in the Blackburn rumours? and he said "its just paper speculation thats all" then walked away.

not totally convinced (maybe because he walked away pretty sharpish)

I then asked Bob Dowie after the game the same question and he said "absoloutely no truth in it because him and Iain are Palace boys through and through and he couldn't leave the super palace.

Was really pleased to hear that tonight.

Ahhh good to know Palace have a 'Hughsey' on their messageboard too laugh.gif

Im very suprised this hasnt turned into a Poll?

It should be a poll, so make it a poll mods! wink.gif

Who Do You Want As Our New Manager?

I. Dowie

M. Hughes

G. Strachan

D. Advocaat

C. Levein

M. Newell

P. Sturrock

P. Reid

G. Hoddle

G. Houllier

you forgot L. Grooby

wink.gif

We know people from newspapers and others read forum's like this from time to time, so if we had a poll, we would be showing the world who we want as our new manager..

It may have an effect on who eventually gets the prestigious job, or am I talking utter rubbish again? huh.gif

Edited by krislu

Im very suprised this hasnt turned into a Poll?

It should be a poll, so make it a poll mods! wink.gif

Who Do You Want As Our New Manager?

I. Dowie

M. Hughes

G. Strachan

D. Advocaat

C. Levein

M. Newell

P. Sturrock

P. Reid

G. Hoddle

G. Houllier

you forgot L. Grooby

wink.gif

We know people from newspapers and others read forum's like this from time to time, so if we had a poll, we would be showing the world who we want as our new manager..

It may have an effect on who eventually gets the prestigious job, or am I talking utter rubbish again? huh.gif

Go on Mods give us a Poll, just put the current top ten favorites from Betfair in the Poll.

I wouldn't mind quite a few of those above getting a job. I mean if I voted Hughes but then we got Strachan I wouldn't be at all upset. As Krislu has just said these things can be picked up on by the press (and they just love us anyway wink.gif ) "Rovers fans go cold on appointment of their 3rd choice manager Dowie"

IMO it would be far better to do a poll on who we don't want.

Edited by bob fleming

No way BobF. Could prove very costly! Imagine the headline "Hoddle tops Rovers fans' poll". JW thinks "Hoddle!?! - I hadn't thought of him!". Hoddle gets appointed and you have to fork out for a sniper's rifle.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Do you honestly believe he would top the poll?

Edited by Hughesy

No way BobF. Could prove very costly! Imagine the headline "Hoddle tops Rovers fans' poll". JW thinks "Hoddle!?! - I hadn't thought of him!". Hoddle gets appointed and you have to fork out for a sniper's rifle.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Do you honestly believe he would top the pole?

John Williams is a pole dancer?!?!

Blimey, uncle Warburton gets around a bit! Does his missus know he frequents clubs with greying men cavorting round a pole?

Can this be true considering he watched Palace reserves last night with Simon Jordan ?

Dowie favourite for Blackburn

By John Edwards, Daily Mail

14 September 2004

Iain Dowie held talks with Blackburn chiefs about taking over at Ewood Park yesterday after Mark Hughes made it clear he was not prepared to walk away from his job as manager of Wales.

Sportsmail can reveal that the Crystal Palace boss is now firm favourite to fill the gap left by Graeme Souness's move to Newcastle, having being interviewed by top officials at Blackburn

Blimey, uncle Warburton gets around a bit! Does his missus know he frequents clubs with greying men cavorting round a pole?

Now we know that Rovers are in dire straits financially when the chief exec has to supplement his income with dancing dollars! Could the routine be incorporated into the half time break?

Now we know that Rovers are in dire straits financially when the chief exec has to supplement his income with dancing dollars! Could the routine be incorporated into the half time break?

What and scare everyone out of the ground by Williams prancing around the centre circle.

We could unleash him in the oppositions goal to start dancing up and down the posts, now that would put even the worlds top keeper off his game.

Hughes and Robson sounds like a good combination to me so here's hoping it doesn't happen. Why? Because there's some sort of curse going on everytime Rovers hire a new manager or buy a new player and reading through this board I know for sure that I'm not the only one:

If I think it sounds like a good plan/idea/choice for manager/buy (Kidd, Davies, Grabbi (Yes - I was actually positive on that sod..), Gresko and so on) it more than often ends up as a catastrophy.

If I think it sounds like a bad plan/idea/choice for manager/buy (Souey, Ferguson, Tugay, Bjornebye and so on....) it more than often turns out to be a success.

So in an attempt to trick my Rovers-curse:

Please appoint one of these gents:

1. Hoddle

2. Reid

3. Advocaat

4. Venables

5. Houllier

An please stay away from these miserable, useless sods:

1. Hughes

2. Strachan

3. Moyes

4. Dowie