SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio Lancs is saying Blackburn chief executive John Williams hinted their favoured candidtate was currently in a job and "It's a delicate situation."

Whats so delicate???If its Hughes,then the the guy has got a clause in his contract of 250 k and then you can speak to him.I don`t understand.

In my opinion it`s got to be the Palace manager.

Mark Hughesys Blue and white Army

Couldn't you have started a new thread for that Hughesy? We don't want chants cluttering up the Who Do You Want As Our New Manager thread!

Maybe i should of. But its to do with Hughes (The possible next new manager), which means it should be in here as everything relating to who the new manager will be has to come in this topic.

Sorry but that’s just the way the Cookie Crumbles

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Radio Lancs is saying Blackburn chief executive John Williams hinted their favoured candidtate was currently in a job and "It's a delicate situation."

Whats so delicate???If its Hughes,then the the guy has got a clause in his contract of 250 k and then you can speak to him.I don`t understand.

Very, very good point. In the Hughes case, hes apparently got a clause in the contract regarding premier league clubs, so surely it must be someone else.

Could also quite easily apply to Hughes. Delicate Situation because the FAW have not been officially approached to talk to the manager and working out the details of how/for how long he would carry on with the Wales job.

So he has !!!!! It's on page 3, paragraph 2.

Silly John Williams, what's he doing ?

Tell you what, let's get £250 k out of site funds, then WE can speak to Hughes and ask him why Williams isn't speaking to him yet.

Radio Lancs is saying Blackburn chief executive John Williams hinted their favoured candidtate was currently in a job and  "It's a delicate situation."

Whats so delicate???If its Hughes,then the the guy has got a clause in his contract  of 250 k and then you can speak to him.I don`t understand.

Could also quite easily apply to Hughes. Delicate Situation because the FAW have not been officially approached to talk to the manager and working out the details of how/for how long he would carry on with the Wales job.

Spot on Kamy.

It's very delicate in those terms. Williams will have to decide if the club can afford to let Hughes continue as Wales manager for at least the England game I would imagine. Willa#iams must also consider how will the Rovers fans react to having a part-time manager?

A very delicate situation I think.

Radio Lancs is saying Blackburn chief executive John Williams hinted their favoured candidtate was currently in a job and  "It's a delicate situation."

Whats so delicate???If its Hughes,then the the guy has got a clause in his contract  of 250 k and then you can speak to him.I don`t understand.

Spot on Kamy.

It's very delicate in those terms. Williams will have to decide if the club can afford to let Hughes continue as Wales manager for at least the England game I would imagine. Willa#iams must also consider how will the Rovers fans react to having a part-time manager?

A very delicate situation I think.

Part time boss should be a good fit, along with part time players and partimte Riversiders.

the talks would more likely have been between the agent and the club would they not ?

especially if Rovers have not approached the Welsh FA for permission to speak, or, have Hughes and his agent invoked the get out clause ?

it will all come clear in the morning rolleyes.gif

Now what were we saying before..... dry.gif

Alien life form abseiling down the Hoover Dam

The LET is saying that Hughes had a meeting with Rovers officials yesterday and the club will approach the Welsh FA in the next few days.  Why not now?  We have a massive match on Saturday, if he's the no1 target then get him now.

Cockney wide-boy stowed away on the ferry.

I suspect it's because there are other people still to be interviewed. I don't think it's cut and dried at all yet. It'll be like any job recruitment - whoever has the best interveiw will get the job.

Gay bikers on acid.

I know what you mean but surely with football management it's a bit different. You have a shortlist and go for your targets in that order, like Newcastle did. Fair enough you interview them but it's not like a normal job is it.

I'm not so sure fella.

If the board are doing their jobs properly, then a great deal should hinge on the interviews.

Its one thing having a person in mind, or a favourite, but until they have interviewd him - how do they know what Hughes will bring to the role, other than his reputation as a player?

Does hughes understand the current crisis at the club and what short term measures he will put in place to reverse the losing trend?

What would his plans be for the acadamy and reserve teams?

WHo would his first choice backroom staff be?

The board should be grilling Hughes, dowie and whoever else to see just how organised they are.

Initially I was all for Rovers going for Hughes.

However the more I think about it the more doubts creep into my mind and now I have a bad feeling in my gut about this potential appointment. No doubt Hughes has some excellent qualities but the question is does he have the necessary experience and qualities to end all the dressing room infighting and get us out of the position that we find ourselves in. Are we taking a risk by appointing someone who has potential but which is unproven at this level? All these questions have come in my head. Someone said to me that Hughes is quality and you have to "Speculate to Accumulate" but the problem is that we don't have much to Speculate with and if this doesn't work out and we go down then I really fear for the club's future. Is appointing Hughes worth taking this risk?

It is an extremely tough situation and I don't envy the board having to make this decision which is going to have such a big bearing on our future.

As AndyC said, the board will be interviewing all three candidates on their shortlist - no doubt all the points Andy raised will crop up and many more besides.

Based on the results of those interviews they'll then make a choice in the best interests of the club.

In the meantime, bbc i, the s*n, sky sports news, mark hughes' agent, betfair bob and billy the fish can all speculate, release statements, release counter statements, change the odds and recite Homer's Odyssey from the top of Pendle Hill for all I care.

Beyond knowing who is / was on the shortlist - which Glenn posted correctly on Sunday night - no-one outside those conducting the interviews knows diddly sh!te about which one of the three is gonna get the job.

Edited by Tris

That's the way I see it 1864.

Kamy - of course there's question marks over Hughes. There's question marks over any manager when they're appointed. If we could get a manager that would guarantee success, and we knew that at the off, then everyone would be after him (and in all likeyhood he wouldn't come here).

Besides is he's good enough for Craig Bellamy, he's good enough for me.

I agree with you though - I'm glad I'm not making the decision.

qualities to end all the dressing room infighting

Well souness tried the bad guy approach so know we have the good guy with a big reputation! He will command instant respect and you would have to think he would get rid of anybody who is trying to unsettle the team!

I have to think he could have a big influence over welsh players and the possibility of getting a couple of the better ones into ewood.

I'm glad I'm not making the decision.

Disagree Bobf

I know full well faced with the answers to the questions raised I know you would make the right selection - as would many others on here - unless of course they all gave exactly the same answer word for word (now that would be difficult) thumbs-up.gif

bbc rovers close in on new boss

Iain Dowie ... leading contenders for the Blackburn managerial post, BBC Sport understands

I feel sick...

Dowie will make Souness seem like a God.

When Kidd signed for us, I had a hunch something would go wrong with him. My mates at the time insisted that he would bring "inside" knowledge of Man U's tactics and how that club ticked but I couldn't shake the bad feeling. The same feeling I have now when i think of Dowie as our new manager...

I know where you are coming from Kamy. However

Dowie is not coming from a position of strength. He is currently in charge of a struggling team who look like this season relegation is inevitable.

Hughes obviously believes he can do a good job in club management and he will know how our club works.

Hughes will get the players working, he is more clever than you would think.

There would be a risk with both possible appointments for reasons set out here as someone else said any appointment we make will be seen as a risk by some people.

Edited by John

Oh well, I wont get my wish of getting George Graham. But at least Mark Hughes is even more of a defensive manager than George. Some of his team selections for Wales have been baffling and way too defensive. Unlike Geroge Graham who knows how to sort out the defense and make a team nick a goal and win

Edited by greggyk