SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes is a big name but not as a manager so won't command massive wages I wouldn't think. To suggest he is dithering is just guesswork and quite frankly unhelpful. You don't know, I don't know, in fact very few people really know what's gone on so it's unfair to accuse him of that.

As for tactically, all I can say is that the only other home nation I enjoy watching is Wales, in fact it tends to be more enjoyable than England as there is no pressure. The main reason is because they play exciting football or at least they have done when i've watched them. Players like Davies, Koumas, Giggs & Speed all bombing forward plus he tends to deploy Bellamy wide as well. If he uses the aerial threat of Hartson, well he won't be the first or last, it's called playing to your strengths.

The players clearly respect and enjoy playing for him and you can see the team spirit there. That's what we need rather than a big collection that look like they don't know each other. The only thing we can't know about Hughes is his transfer acumen and that may not be such an issue anyway, at least not at first. Let's worry about getting out of this mess first.

His backroom staff that I know are Bowen and Niedzwicki (sp?). Bowen was doing well at Birmingham which was why Bruce stopped him from working with Wales so Bowen left to go full-time. The other fella is a former Chelsea keeper so don't know if is a goalie coach or what.

I hope Jim is right but still don't know why he can't be in charge for Saturday. Hopefully he will be in the stands with his son and that will have the desired effect.

an impending appointment can have the same sort of effect.

You only have to look at newcastle and what they did to us last week.

It does work honest tinykit.gif

Good point.

It's the best I've felt so far this season and we have'nt even got him yet.

OR HAVE WE?

Eddie Niedzwiecki- goal keeping coach I think??? Was at Arsenal, Chelsea.

Bowen has a good record of coachng but fell out with Bruce at Brum much to the players surprise.

No one really knows what is going on, when anyone was approached. We know Hughes is available but as for Dowie even though he has not inked that contact is he actually available. Leaving Palace for Blackburn may not be on his agenda at the moment.

One of the things that is nagging me is the fact, as Chesh stated, that Hughesy is a nice bloke. Add to that Shorties comments and I keep thinking back to Kidd. If he's the chosen one then we've got to be 100% behind him but I can't help hoping he has a nasty streak!

Hughes is of the ''Mellow Physco,'' breed of managers/human beings.

He's the kind of guy who invites you round to dinner then serves you to his family.

He will bring an awe with him, one which makes you instantly respect him, love him and want to play for him. One of the main reasons I wanted him is because I feel he is a manager people like Barry Ferguson will want to play for. He will develop into, IMO, the real deal.

He is a thinking manager (Something Souness didn't seem to like), and I know it's easy to say, but he has worked for roughly ten zillion managers in his playing career, therefore picking up several tips on how to and, most importantly, how NOT to do things.

And whoever said that the fact the players wanting to play for him is a bad things is an absloute animal; I feel the players didn't want to play for Souness, therefore didn't... How the opposite of that can be a bad thing I don't know.

Also those who question his temperment; don't I remember him ....

a/ Been an absloute filthy @#/? as a player and..

b/ Hitting a member of the Anfield faithful?

Only negative is my dream of Dickov Player/Manager/Chairman/Jesus has now gone.

Finally, now the crowd has someone they apparently like, will they make some bloody noise?

If, as is suggested, this is DONE AND DUSTED then my opinion of John Williams may have to change. This is nothing more than a face saving appointment, one that smacks of "well, everyone else wnated him too" when we are staring Division one, or whatever, in the face.

This management hunt has proved to be no more than a popularity contest. I thought Mr Williams had more gonads than that. We don't need an ex player with ZERO, yes ZERO experience in management of a FOOTBALL CLUB. The players choice, as TND says, is exactly the reason NOT to hire him.

I really thought we would go with someone who has shown they can take over the team at all levels, that would know how to re-build after a relegation. That would have experience in bringing in young players blending the right mix of youth and experience. A manager that would get the team working as one for the cause, a never say die attitude and play decent football doing it. I would have rather kept Souness than hired this man.

Going down and may I remind you all when we do that this is what YOU wanted.

Sod it, where do I sign up for a Burnley message board, up t'clarrots. I've had about all of this lot I can take.

Oh, and one more thing, I read Mark Hughes is "dithering" that he is torn between the two jobs. Well too bad, don't we want a manager that actually WANTS THIS job and THIS job alone. What is he going to do when he get's a few bad results, will he figure he made a mistake and go back to Wales?

Buggar, I'm mad if this happens, we've got it all wrong, I can't beleive there are so many on here that can not see that.

Edited by USABlue

If, as is suggested, this is DONE AND DUSTED then my opinion of John Williams may have to change. This is nothing more than a face saving appointment, one that smacks of "well, everyone else wnated him too" when we are staring Division one, or whatever, in the face.

This management hunt has proved to be no more than a popularity contest. I thought Mr Williams had more gonads than that. We don't need an ex player with ZERO, yes ZERO experience in management of a FOOTBALL CLUB. The players choice, as TND says, is exactly the reason NOT to hire him.

I really thought we would go with someone who has shown they can take over the team at all levels, that would know how to re-build after a relegation. That would have experience in bringing in young players blending the right mix of youth and experience. A manager that would get the team working as one for the cause, a never say die attitude and play decent football doing it. I would have rather kept Souness than hired this man.

Sod it, where do I sign up for a Burnley message board, up t'clarrots. I've had about all of this lot I can take.

That's one of the best displays of dummy-spitting I've seen in a while.

biggrin.gif

If, as is suggested, this is DONE AND DUSTED then my opinion of John Williams may have to change.  This is nothing more than a face saving appointment, one that smacks of "well, everyone else wnated him too" when we are staring Division one, or whatever, in the face. 

This management hunt has proved to be no more than a popularity contest.  I thought Mr Williams had more gonads than that. We don't need an ex player with ZERO, yes ZERO experience in management of a FOOTBALL CLUB.  The players choice, as TND says, is exactly the reason NOT to hire him.

I really thought we would go with someone who has shown they can take over the team at all levels, that would know how to re-build after a relegation.  That would have experience in bringing in young players blending the right mix of youth and experience.  A manager that would get the team working as one for the cause, a never say die attitude and play decent football doing it.  I would have rather kept Souness than hired this man.

Sod it, where do I sign up for a Burnley message board, up t'clarrots.  I've had about all of this lot I can take.

That's one of the best displays of dummy-spitting I've seen in a while.

biggrin.gif

DUMMY SPITTING?? That's nowt, there is crap in me diaper and food all over me pram as well.

• Backroom

USABlue... whoever is appointed is not going to be the choice of everyone on this MB - so whoever it is the board appoint I suggest you get behind him AND the club !

But if you feel THAT strongly about it... then bog off to Dingleville !!

I can back up Jim's story as my usual source at the club has told me that Hughes is the new manager. Didn't tell me any other details in terms of when he starts etc.

Finally, now the crowd has someone they apparently like, will they make some bloody noise?

I dont think I ever heard anyone in the crowd where I usually sit say anything bad about souness. And the same goes for away games. I always got the feeling that everyone loved souness , reason why everyone sang 'souness' blue n white army' almost every 5mins.