BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

About the experience thing, everyone has to start somewhere. Look at the managers that start in the lower divisions, do really well there, move up to prem level and flop ! I think that managers working in the lower divisions "manage" in a completely different way and play a totally different style than that in the premier league. When they move up they are like a fish out of water.

With Hughes starting at the top level, lets hope this proves to be the formula for a successful manager at the highest level.

EXACTLY, well said that man!

And lets be honest most decent managers were also decent players in their time. Hughes has worked under some of the best managers around throughout his career, I'd like to think he's picked up on a few of their good points along the way.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, now the crowd has someone they apparently like, will they make some bloody noise?

NO, but they will all deny ever wanting him if we are relegated by xmas.

laugh.gif

I can't wait to see my grandad's face. He's been a Rover's supporter for over 90 years now, and his opinions on new managers are always worth the listen.

And no, I'm not Jim's grandson... wink.gif

Edited by SharrockDownSouth

And lets be honest most decent managers were also decent players in their time.

Really?

News to me!

Don't think that is a set rule on this either way, some of the great players make great managers, some don't. Some great managers were only mediocore or poor players.

Personally, I think that players who had good level of intelligence both on and off the pitch stand a better chance of making it as a manager. (e.g. Dalglish). I think Hughes ticks both of those boxes.

I'd be most inclined to believe option 1 Paul. Rovers will have already spoken to Hughes before going through the process of requesting permission from the Welsh FA. It saves time as they would then know if he was interested and what his plans were.

Do you think Newcastle requested permission to talk to Souness? As for taking everything his agent said as accurate, if an agent said it was raining i'd go outside and check.

Good call MB.

Roach actually said he was not aware of any approach. He did not say 'no'.

You could read several things into his clever use of words.

Don't be naive Paul - he's an agent remember - not to be trusted.

Assuming the rumours about Sparky being hired today are true - has anyone read/heard who Sparky might be bringing in as his staff? Will he bring the backroom staff who worked with him for FAW and does anyone know if they are any good? And does someone on the board have (realistic) wishes for who should be appointed?

Very exciting days! Here's hoping the rumours are true rover.gif

About the experience thing, everyone has to start somewhere. Look at the managers that start in the lower divisions, do really well there, move up to prem level and flop ! I think that managers working in the lower divisions "manage" in a completely different way and play a totally different style than that in the premier league. When they move up they are like a fish out of water.

With Hughes starting at the top level, lets hope this proves to be the formula for a successful manager at the highest level.

Here here!

Assuming the rumours about Sparky being hired today are true - has anyone read/heard who Sparky might be bringing in as his staff? Will he bring the backroom staff who worked with him for FAW and does anyone know if they are any good? And does someone on the board have (realistic) wishes for who should be appointed?

Very exciting days! Here's hoping the rumours are true rover.gif

Parkes & Sparks - very catchy! cool.gif

Radio 5 have a reporter camped outside the FA of Wales

A campsite outside the headquarters of the Welsh FA?!

That can't be a very picturesque venue really can it?

The adverts say that Wales is beautiful and that a small boy will run up mountains to give you your change if you forget it, liars., the lot of them.

I'm not sure we can trust Hughes after hearing this sad.gif

I really thought we would go with someone who has shown they can take over the team at all levels, that would know how to re-build after a relegation. That would have experience in bringing in young players blending the right mix of youth and experience. A manager that would get the team working as one for the cause, a never say die attitude and play decent football doing it. I would have rather kept Souness than hired this man.

Going down and may I remind you all when we do that this is what YOU wanted.

All the things you seem to know about Mark Hughes are being contradicted by someone who actually plays for him.

from teamtalk:

Aston Villa defender Mark Delaney has pleaded with Mark Hughes to remain as Wales manager and resist any approach by Blackburn.

Delaney is hoping the challenge of leading Wales to their first tournament since 1958 will persuade his international boss to snub the chance to move into club management.

He told the club's official website: "I think everybody that saw the vacancy automatically thought of Mark because he'd been there as a player and because of the job he's done for Wales. But it's encouraging to see he wants to fulfil his ambitions with Wales.

"It's not a surprise to see him linked with these jobs. What he's done for Welsh football has been nothing short of dramatic. We were down and pretty much out and he's turned it round full circle.

"Now we're a nation to be reckoned with home and away, so what he's done with limited resources is remarkable.

"It's not just Blackburn. Any job that comes up, I'm sure he's going to be linked with. So the quicker the management positions are filled, the better for us."