BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Well said steverovers. Can we not judge the man after a few games? Or is that asking too much? Innocent until proven guilty anyone?

Talk about taking urinating on peoples bonfires.

It could be worse - "Rovers next manager to arrive from Japan - Leaves Grampus 8 behind" - I'm sure that would go down like a lead balloon - all that lack of Premier League experience. Still Arsene is muddling through.

Anyway - daheri, how come you guys get an official statement before the UK? How does that work? What's your source?

And one final thing - Jim - are you happy with Hughes' appointment? (or is happy too strong a word for you biggrin.gif )

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have concerns about Hughes, which make me draw comparisons with Brian Kidd's appointment. Little or no experience at the top level is a worry when we're struggling: Moyes would be my choice.

Did Moyes have top level experience when he joined Everton?

Anyway - daheri, how come you guys get an official statement before the UK? How does that work? What's your source?

This is not my work, i'm simply translating a previous post.

As for sources, you'll have to ask BRSCN's leader. I think he is a member of this forum too, but cant remember his nick though.

On the BRSCN site he claims to be well connected and have had this news confirmed.

As for sources, you'll have to ask BRSCN's leader. I think he is a member of this forum too, but cant remember his nick though.

On the BRSCN site he claims to be well connected and have had this news confirmed.

Don't get me wrong - I do believe you and BRSCN! Cheers!

Don't get me wrong - I do believe you and BRSCN! Cheers!

Bjarte = PennyDuff wrote the story

First this really intelligent young man from Norway is breaking the news that Morten Gamst Pedersen had signed a 4year deal with Blackburn Rovers, and now another Norwegian makes the official announcement that Mark Hughes is our new manager!

(All this while the people living a block from Ewood don't have a clue dry.gif )

Thats two in a row for the norwegians!

rover.gif

And still some idiots are backing Advocaat like it's going out of fashion !

From 100-1 a few hours ago into 12 -1 !

I can't find any places taking bets online! Don't blame them either!

Do we think rovers might have invested a bit of dosh on hughes at high odds?

Signed for Rovers about 20:30 english time. He will take control after the Portsmouth match, and will lead Wales in two matches before he will concentrate on Blackburn fulltime.

Give me a source or give me death!

Can't, as my source is orally. We'll just have to wait and see till tomorrow, im not even 100% yet biggrin.gif

Can't, as my source is orally. We'll just have to wait and see till tomorrow, im not even 100% yet biggrin.gif

What is the obsession around here in passing off gossip and possibilities as facts?!?! Don't label a topic "Hughes New Manager" until its official. We all remember how it took from the start of the "MGP Signs" thread to when he did actually sign.

Who told Bjarte ?

An FBI source wink.gif Rovers tried to keep it quiet but it just got out......

Only jim knows for sure with his contacts... and maybe kamy...oh and john williams, where is JW he should be posting, his posts per day count is dropping!

What is the obsession around here in passing off gossip and possibilities as facts?!?! Don't label a topic "Hughes New Manager" until its official. We all remember how it took from the start of the "MGP Signs" thread to when he did actually sign.

MGP did sign. Hughes did sign.

From The Sun

MARK HUGHES will be named as Blackburn Rovers boss today.

SunSport revealed yesterday how Sparky told the Ewood Park board he wanted the job at an interview on Monday.

They let him know last night that he was their man and the deal will now be wrapped up.

Rovers have told the former Manchester United hero he can carry on managing Wales part-time for their two World Cup qualifiers next month.

But the Welsh FA are understood to want a clean break now Hughes has decided to take up the Rovers post.

They have called an emergency committee meeting for this morning to decide on their next move.

Looks like the Welsh FA could do us a favour here. I would prefer Hughes to focus solely on Rovers.

I think the immediate effect Hughes will have in the change rooms will be remarkable. He is held in very high esteem by the senior players in the Rovers squad and that will in turn affect the younger players, hopefully just in time for the Portsmouth match.

EDIT: 14 minutes old from the Telegraph

Hughes hints at Rovers ambition

By John Ley and Christopher Davies (Filed: 15/09/2004)

The Football Association of Wales are bracing themselves for an approach from Blackburn Rovers for the services of Mark Hughes after the Welsh manager's agent admitted that the former Rovers player would be interested in beginning his club management at Ewood Park.

Edited by samtheozzy

It's done and dusted like Jim said hours ago.

I just wish I had put that £500 on Hughes @ 1.72 about 3 hours ago, but didn't have the courage to... sad.gif

Anyway, I'm happy with Hughes. He would be my second favourite behind Dowie (yes, I've woke up from that hazy misty condition which led med to think that Houllier would be an option!), so overall I'm pleased. Welcome aboard Sparky!