BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

I really thought we would go with someone who has shown they can take over the team at all levels, that would know how to re-build after a relegation.  That would have experience in bringing in young players blending the right mix of youth and experience.  A manager that would get the team working as one for the cause, a never say die attitude and play decent football doing it.  I would have rather kept Souness than hired this man.

Going down and may I remind you all when we do that this is what YOU wanted.

All the things you seem to know about Mark Hughes are being contradicted by someone who actually plays for him.

from teamtalk:

Aston Villa defender Mark Delaney has pleaded with Mark Hughes to remain as Wales manager and resist any approach by Blackburn.

Delaney is hoping the challenge of leading Wales to their first tournament since 1958 will persuade his international boss to snub the chance to move into club management.

He told the club's official website: "I think everybody that saw the vacancy automatically thought of Mark because he'd been there as a player and because of the job he's done for Wales. But it's encouraging to see he wants to fulfil his ambitions with Wales.

"It's not a surprise to see him linked with these jobs. What he's done for Welsh football has been nothing short of dramatic. We were down and pretty much out and he's turned it round full circle.

"Now we're a nation to be reckoned with home and away, so what he's done with limited resources is remarkable.

"It's not just Blackburn. Any job that comes up, I'm sure he's going to be linked with. So the quicker the management positions are filled, the better for us."

Good post Andy, I'd say we fit into the 'down and pretty much out' catergory at the moment. Lets hope Hughes can work wonders for us too........

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just chatting to a UTD fan about Hughes.

He says when the 1st won the league in 92 he was the only player who didn't go to the party at one of the players houses.

Also Robson said you couldn't ever get 2 words out of him in the changing room but whenn he crossed the white line he was a different person.

Sounds like he's going to need a vocal assistant !

I really thought we would go with someone who has shown they can take over the team at all levels, that would know how to re-build after a relegation.  That would have experience in bringing in young players blending the right mix of youth and experience.  A manager that would get the team working as one for the cause, a never say die attitude and play decent football doing it.  I would have rather kept Souness than hired this man.

All the things you seem to know about Mark Hughes are being contradicted by someone who actually plays for him.

from teamtalk:

Aston Villa defender Mark Delaney has pleaded with Mark Hughes to remain as Wales manager and resist any approach by Blackburn.

Delaney is hoping the challenge of leading Wales to their first tournament since 1958 will persuade his international boss to snub the chance to move into club management.

He told the club's official website: "I think everybody that saw the vacancy automatically thought of Mark because he'd been there as a player and because of the job he's done for Wales. But it's encouraging to see he wants to fulfil his ambitions with Wales.

"It's not a surprise to see him linked with these jobs. What he's done for Welsh football has been nothing short of dramatic. We were down and pretty much out and he's turned it round full circle.

"Now we're a nation to be reckoned with home and away, so what he's done with limited resources is remarkable.

"It's not just Blackburn. Any job that comes up, I'm sure he's going to be linked with. So the quicker the management positions are filled, the better for us."

Actually I don't state anywhere that I KNOW anything about Mark Hughes other than he has done NONE of the things I have listed. You know my feelings about this appointment should it come off and that is abut as far as I really need to go. This whole appointment seems to me to be driven on emotion.

I don't feel Sparky can do this that's all. If he is to be our boss I wish him good luck and I sincerely hope he shows me to be totally wrong. I just feel that we should be appointing someone that has actually run a CLUB and shown to be able to instill stability and contiuous improvement into that club at all levels. That's all, I get a bit wound up about our Rovers sometimes.

Is it good that we consider a candidate whose claim to fame is that he failed in getting Wales qualified, that they choked when it was theirs for the taking. Please lord let me be wrong about this.

Edited by USABlue

from teamtalk:

Actually I don't state anywhere that I KNOW anything about Mark Hughes other than he has done NONE of the things I have listed. You know my feelings about this appointment should it come off and that is abut as far as I really need to go. This whole appointment seems to me to be driven on emotion.

I don't feel Sparky can do this that's all. If he is to be our boss I wish him good luck and I sincerely hope he shows me to be totally wrong. I just feel that we should be appointing someone that has actually run a CLUB and shown to be able to instill stability and contiuous improvement into that club at all levels. That's all, I get a bit wound up about our Rovers sometimes.

Go fer a ride on yer chopper - it might help you calm down.

from teamtalk:

Go fer a ride on yer chopper - it might help you calm down.

Spot on and probably the best thing I've read on here this week, thanks.

USAblue, I can see where you're coming from - and I'm not totally ecstatic about the proposed appointment, but then again, I'm not on such a downer about it as you.

The most worrying thing is that Wales fans, who know much more than we and the media know about Hughes management achievements are not unanimous in their celebration of how far they've gone.

In the past week I've heard Welsh fans saying that Hughes' long ball tactics were being found out and that they would be glad if he went.

Is he living of that Italy result or is he a good manager struggling in this campaign with a weak pool of players?

I'm not totally convinced either way.

Hughes is painfully laconic with the media - does he reserve the passion, motivation and enthusiasm for the dressing room?

Yes Warnock makes some interesting points. Slightly bizarre choice of interviewee though. Perhaps Warnock had put his application in and is now trying to persuade the Board away from the other candidates via the media!! biggrin.gif

Or maybe he is jelous because he didnt get the job.

Maybe it has nothing to do with him so he should stop trying to rock the boat.

Hughes for Rovers.

I for 1 will be very happy if we appoint Sparky as the boss.

I will give him my 100% support and I cant wait to start playing much better football with players who actually know where they should be playing. ph34r.gif