BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duff Completes Switch

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn has had some good games for us this year (Everton away and Bolton spring to mind)

As people have mentioned earlier, having Duff would put pressure on MGP and also give us a few options because he can play off the front man too.

I'd take him back --> fee and wages being reasonable, if not then leave it.

:rolleyes: Your having a laugh..surely!

:rolleyes: Your having a laugh..surely!

That's why Dunny won 4 "Man of the Match" polls above- because he's useless. Or could it be that he's actually played quite well in general and there is a certain person who's too blinkered because he lost his girlfriend to Dunny to realise it.

Answers on a postcard.

I've not heard that but it fits. Strange that he apparently was known to frequently cycle from Hurst Green to Brockhall when he was here.

Using the bridge at Dinkley, it'd take him about 10 minutes, probably faster than driving round via Whalley. He could spend more time in bed!

:o A professioanal footballer allowed on a bike???? Shurely shome mishtake.

Whether it was a mountain bike and he used the bridle path from Hurst Green to Dinckley I don't know. But I seem to rem Tugay was allowed on one in Germany!

Edited by thenodrog

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off, I am not sure why so many people are. Players often have huge downturns in their career to again at least partially rescale the heights - Santa Cruz would be a fine example, as would Frank Lampard or Teddy Sheringham. Sure Duff's game is more about pace, but that's not everything.

As I have said before the only way we can get our hands on top class players is if 1) no one knows about them or 2) They are percieved to be "past it".

So Duff warrents a look, even if it is only to ultimately discard the option. It comes down to whether Sparky and the team think they can rehabilitate him.

If we went around saying we would take nobody who was in bad form or had injury problems in the past we would have very few options in the transfer market and be missing quite a few of our best players right now.

Our future as a successful club depends on nurturing a reputation of getting "past it" international performers back to their best.

I totally agree with you Joey - I'm very surprised at some of the comments. Duffer is Championship standard? I find that incredibly hard to believe. He's had a lot of injuries, but we know he's got talent.

We have to trade in the circles that you mention above - I would be very disappointed if we didn't entertain the idea of signing Duff.

That's why Dunny won 4 "Man of the Match" polls above- because he's useless. Or could it be that he's actually played quite well in general and there is a certain person who's too blinkered because he lost his girlfriend to Dunny to realise it.

Answers on a postcard.

He only won them because everyone was so so so desperate for the lad, reality was, is, it isnt sustainable and no one more than me from day one has echoed that Dunny simply isnt good enough.

Dunny's body has looked like my girlfriends in fact i'd say she can run faster, hes a saleable asset Hughes should be looking to improve the squad not sitting on his arse thinking Dunny can do a job for him next season, for me squad player at best and definitely not the potential player he was when he first broke through into the first team many moons ago.

Dunn has got to go!!!

He only won them because everyone was so so so desperate for the lad, reality was, is, it isnt sustainable and no one more than me from day one has echoed that Dunny simply isnt good enough.

Ehh? If you honestly think people voted for Dunn as some type of sympathy vote you really are quite, quite barking.

Ehh? If you honestly think people voted for Dunn as some type of sympathy vote you really are quite, quite barking.

I cant think anything else other than that because he isnt that good or maybe the pro Dunny camp have blue and white tinted glasses far more than me.

I'll begin to worry if Hughes keeps hold of Mokoena and Dunny come the new season then i'll be barking alright.

So Jal you like fat bottomed girls, no problem with that :rolleyes: .

In reading your desire to rid the club of Dunny I am trying to find a common sensical reason with your tripe. I dont think for one minute that he is the Dunn of old but believe me he earned each and every one of those motm awards.

Whilst he was out at the end of the season, we struggled to cope through the middle.

Not Pro Dunn at all and was very leery of him coming back but to be fair to the lad he did have some really good games last season. I've read a lot of this persons crap about Dunny and he simply can't do enough for them yet the same person who finds fault in everything he does is quick to dismiss any compliments Dunny gets as coming from a "pro Dunn Camp"

Sick of hearing your diatribe actually, grow up, admit you were wrong and give him stick on an off day and credit for when he does well, you might just be a little more relaxed in life

So Jal you like fat bottomed girls, no problem with that :rolleyes: .

In reading your desire to rid the club of Dunny I am trying to find a common sensical reason with your tripe. I dont think for one minute that he is the Dunn of old but believe me he earned each and every one of those motm awards.

Whilst he was out at the end of the season, we struggled to cope through the middle.

Rovers struggled he struggled when he was down the middle or wide left, only in the early months of the season did he look up to standard as the opposition players began to find their fitness and catch up and surpass Dunny's - he isnt good enough, just like Duffer, i just cant see how many of you fail to see it, i really dont.

Fair play to your loyalty though.

Edited by JAL

jal

for all the injuries dunn had at birmingham-where he hardly played-in his first full season back-i think hes done alright..his fitness is getting there-his all round play is getting better ie he isnt just an attacking midfielder he actually can defend now..he has 6 assists to his name-which i think is pretty good..

i always know whenever you have posted something-it will always be about david dunn-and how poor he is-has he stolen your girlfriend or something???

the topic about duff tho-if he wage demands werent too much-and his transfer fee was under 2 million hed be worth a risk..yeh he has had injuries-but so did dunn-if mark hughes' staff can get dunn fit, i think they can get duff fit..

Edited by Mozzer

jal

for all the injuries dunn had at birmingham-where he hardly played-in his first full season back-i think hes done alright..his fitness is getting there-his all round play is getting better ie he isnt just an attacking midfielder he actually can defend now..he has 6 assists to his name-which i think is pretty good..

i always know whenever you have posted something-it will always be about david dunn-and how poor he is-has he stolen your girlfriend or something???

the topic about duff tho-if he wage demands werent too much-and his transfer fee was under 2 million hed be worth a risk..yeh he has had injuries-but so did dunn-if mark hughes' staff can get dunn fit, i think they can get duff fit..

Mozzer,

Dunny has struggled with his fitness over this last period of the season, i feel i can relate to Dunny's injury his back because its something that i suffer from, after as much rehab you can possibly do, core stability exercises you do with as much rest as you can possibly have the problem is still... always there. The impact is that it will always affect on your speed and strength work which is what i see in Dunnys play he has less of an impact on the field of play.

If he didnt have this problem i'm sure absolutely sure he would be a far better player and one whose fully capable of playing for and dominating the midfield for Blackburn Rovers.

But for me his fitness problems will always be ongoing, he'll never be fully fit, we'll never see a fully fit Dunny, he might come and say differently to put a brave face on things but for me he always has to be better than the opposition thats why for me he has to go - he needs to drop down a level .

Fitness isn't Duff's problem, he's lost that explosive edge he used to have and struggles to go by anyone anymore, I don't think he'll ever get that back.

Is losing that explosive edge not linked with fitness or level of fitness?

Is losing that explosive edge not linked with fitness or level of fitness?

I don't think it is, he was slagging Allardyce off over how unfit the squad was and how Keegan has got them back to full fitness, he still lacks that extra spark to go past people though, even when coming off the bench and going up against a tired fullback he's shown nothing to suggest he's capable of beating a man.

He's only had one really good game for us in the 2 years he's been here and that was against some part timers in Europe, apart from that he's been average.

I cant think anything else other than that because he isnt that good or maybe the pro Dunny camp have blue and white tinted glasses far more than me.

I'll begin to worry if Hughes keeps hold of Mokoena and Dunny come the new season then i'll be barking alright.

Again, if you honestly believe that Dunn won 4 MoM awards for any other reason that many different individuals who watched the matches with open minds and assess players on their performances not some silly petty personal vendetta, then I am sorry for you as you've obviously lost your sense of reasoning somewhere. Try looking down the back of the settee.

Its a thread on Duff, not David Dunn thread.

C'mon Flopsy. Show some common sense, imo the pair are inextricably linked in most supporters minds from the Academy / Souness / Div 1 promotion days when they were 2 of our 3 crown jewels.

New threads are not encouraged on similar subjects so I suggest that the issue is that you may have a conflict between guidelines 11 and 14.

Thanks for the advice Theno, however I think Dunn already has a thread, so if people would like to discuss the merits of his low centre of gravity then they can do so on there. Not on a thread about Duff.

Who on the last few seasons' showings offers no more than MGP does at the moment

Thanks for the advice Theno, however I think Dunn already has a thread, so if people would like to discuss the merits of his low centre of gravity then they can do so on there. Not on a thread about Duff.

Who on the last few seasons' showings offers no more than MGP does at the moment

I think MGP already has a thread, so if people would like to discuss his current poor form then they can do so on there. Not on a thread about Duff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.