BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duff Completes Switch

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they'll sign other players and push themselves 9 figures into the red.

Oh deary me, how the mighty have fallen ... I will be stunned if Newcastle do better than us this season. I'm quite pleased in a smug sort of way :)

I know footballers want to play every week, but that's desperate. They only appointed Roeder because they were skint.

Newcastle have a very strong midfield, but really are lacking in attack and defense. 10 million is one hell of a lot to spend on a unessential player.

If they could bring in two top quality forwards, a top quality centre back and another versatile defender, then they have a top 6 squad for certain, but even then they aren't close to the champions league places.

It's all rather amusing really.

Not a good deal for newscastle! £10m for a player in the last year of his contract is too high! especially when he has so many injuries!

Good Luck Duffer.

sorry but why good luck will you be chantin that next season dont think so balls toduffy :rover:

sorry but why good luck will you be chantin that next season dont think so balls toduffy :rover:

:angry: all hes into is money not gonna do anything up there big headed tit

Given a choice between Liverpool, Spuds and Newcastle next season, any sane footballer would chose Newcastle of course.

Looks like Fat Freddie is banking 2007/8's TV money early if he is going to spend substantially more after splashing the £10m on Duff.

Edited by philipl

They only appointed Roeder because they were skint.

Not quite. It was also because he got them winning matches again at the end of the season.

We will have to wait and see if that upwards draught that saved the Geordies season was more than a transient 'new manager' effect.

And, I disagree with those who wouldn't have Duff back. I would gladly have a world class left winger in the Blackburn team - if we had the money to spend. How injury prone was Duff last season? I don't follow Chelsea closely enough to know - surely not as injury prone as a certain Mr Bellamy at Newcastle?

One feels DDs career is on the downward slide now. His arrival at Newcastle just makes me want Rovers to finish above them even more than ever now. Then we can say to him that he should have had patience and stay at Rovers.

I like him too much to feel that petty ozziejones and can understand exactly why he went to Chelsea. Would have been fantastic to see him resign for us rather than Newcastle but obviously we never had enough money to declare a decent interest.

Edited by roverich

One feels DDs career is on the downward slide now. His arrival at Newcastle just makes me want Rovers to finish above them even more than ever now. Then we can say to him that he should have had patience and stay at Rovers.

Think his lack of 'patience' paid off....

2 Championships and a League Cup. Three more medals than he would have had.

Thing that disappoints me most is that this is all there is for Damien. At the time he went to Chelsea most teams would have liked to buy him if they could have got anywhere near affording him. Now he's going to one of the League's perennial underachievers. I don't begrudge him the move to Chelsea because in the short term it's given him what most players say they want, ie medals but Shearer went to the toon for love of the club and it didn't matter one jot to him that in the end they won nothing, but Duff is going without having any real choice because no other club wanted him enough to really try to tempt him or Chelsea. And that's sad to see

sorry but why good luck will you be chantin that next season dont think so balls toduffy

As with all ex-rovers i hate them when they are against us but i have nothing against duffer and he did alot for the club. Just because he has left the club you shouldn't instantly hate him, some players yes but not duffer.

I like him too much to feel that petty ozziejones and can understand exactly why he went to Chelsea. Would have been fantastic to see him resign for us rather than Newcastle but obviously we never had enough money to declare a decent interest.

Think his lack of 'patience' paid off....

2 Championships and a League Cup. Three more medals than he would have had.

Yes, because he would have won two Premiership medals had he stayed with us. :ph34r:

:D:D

Tongue in cheek.

Bad move by Duffer, probably also a bad move by Newcastle. Not because I think Duffer is a lost cause, but because the buyer is Newcastle - they pay too much, both salary and transferwise. They will never win anything with the current men in charge, and I like it. Good luck Duffer, but we will end above Newcastle next season!

Bad move by Duffer, probably also a bad move by Newcastle. Not because I think Duffer is a lost cause, but because the buyer is Newcastle - they pay too much, both salary and transferwise. They will never win anything with the current men in charge, and I like it. Good luck Duffer, but we will end above Newcastle next season!

See, the good thing about this is that he'll need to move somewhere to get his career going again after a few poor seasons up at Newcastle. Where's the best place to do this? That's right, back "home" at Rovers. For a bargain.

Just give it a few seasons ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.