BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

My German is nowhere near the standard of my French now. It used to be good when I was teaching it because I used it all the time. Now, when I go to Germany, my daughter and grandkids talk for us so I dont practise much. I can still do it when I have to but it's rare that I have to. 

20 hours ago, gumboots said:

I speak fairly good german too. Used to teach it

Not enough poeple in this country know other languages, i think schools should make it mandatory to learn at least one other language.German was the only language i did at school for 2 years,the teacher was a  very good looking young woman that was a bit distracting for us young teenage boys but i have  managed  to retain a tiny bit of German over the years since.I now wish i'd have carried on with it instead of dropping it,it would be nice to actually be able to speak and understand another language other than English.I should go back to it and see if i can pick it up again,theres plenty of language courses out there.

• Like 2

Just bringing the thread back to food, I’m going here for the next birthday/occasion, comes highly recommend:

https://www.3acres.com/menus/

As a side note I bought steaks, sausages and Lamb from my new local butcher on Saturday, all of which roam/roamed freely in the fields across from my house.

Now that’s buying local.

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just bringing the thread back to food, I’m going here for the next birthday/occasion, comes highly recommend:

https://www.3acres.com/menus/

As a side note I bought steaks, sausages and Lamb from my new local butcher on Saturday, all of which roam/roamed freely in the fields across from my house.

Now that’s buying local.

I dont know if i could eat something i saw walking round my local fields just weeks before,i prefer to not think of a little Lamb when i'm tucking into it ? 

11 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I dont know if i could eat something i saw walking round my local fields just weeks before,i prefer to not think of a little Lamb when i'm tucking into it ? 

It’s a very good point, but listening to the cows moo from 4am every morning for the past few weeks has softened the blow somewhat :D

As someone born on a farm I have no qualms about eating meat. If I couldn’t countenance killing the animal I wouldn’t be eating it.

gumboots - you should consider eating rose veal. It’s ethically produced from male calves which would otherwise be killed at birth.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

gumboots - you should consider eating rose veal. It’s ethically produced from male calves which would otherwise be killed at birth.

Wow! Some might argue keeping a very young calf confined and away from its mother, fed on shyte to keep its flesh pale isnt very ethical......

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wow! Some might argue keeping a very young calf confined and away from its mother, fed on shyte to keep its flesh pale isnt very ethical......

What you’re describing there is not what is produced as rose veal in the UK.

8 hours ago, only2garners said:

As someone born on a farm I have no qualms about eating meat. If I couldn’t countenance killing the animal I wouldn’t be eating it.

Was going to bring up the point re rose veal .  Important that it’s not wasted . 
I think to eat meat you have to understand fully where it comes from see how it dies to end up on Your plate . I find it really tragic when people refuse to eat meat on the bone 

10 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Why would I want to avoid them ? I want to patron them and support them after a difficult time .  My understanding from some that I’m aware of will be doing things with a lot of care and decorum . 

I'm with Tyrone, I'll be staying well clear, but I do appreciate the need to support these businesses. 

Just because Johnson has eased the lock down doesn't mean this is over, far from it.

The safe bet is to continue to self isolate as much as possible and stop the increase in infection rates, which we all know is are going up across the North of England. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm with Tyrone, I'll be staying well clear, but I do appreciate the need to support these businesses. 

Just because Johnson has eased the lock down doesn't mean this is over, far from it.

The safe bet is to continue to self isolate as much as possible and stop the increase in infection rates, which we all know is are going up across the North of England. 

I’ve really got to get on with things . I’ve stuck to the rules , Oh apart from being forced to work on the front lines as it suits them . The risk is so minimal. 

in the last couple of years I’ve noticed an us and them attitude with some restaurants . Some protagonists include Michael ohare , the Parker’s arms Newton , Gary usher bistros . 
deposits , tock systems , attitude especially on social media . I get some people take liberties with them but most of us don’t , don’t treat us with contempt , you do need us to come and spend with you . 
with this new vat policy some quickly saying that it won’t be passed on to the customer , it will go on cleaning etc .  There really should be more to encourage people back in . Meet in the middle . Don’t bite the hand that feeds 

Went to Albert’s in Standish today, first time in a restaurant or similar establishment since the virus broke. There was a decent distance between tables, some tables had been removed, servers wore face shields, ordering by app if you so wished, one route in, one route out, left to your own devices re the toilet. Everything calm and collected, extremely busy and felt very safe. Had our party’s main name and telephone number for possible track and trace. Top marks.

• Like 4

We went to the Barn at Moor Hall on Tuesday. we had booked to sit outside but given the weather they managed to squeeze us in inside. Everything very well organised as you would expect - the menu only available through downloading on your phone via a QR code. Plenty of room with very nice screens between tables. Toilets only used by one person at a time but fine with the numbers involved. Everyone, including Mark Birchall was masked up. Food was fabulous as well!