BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I love Test cricket, but you've got to be adapt to the times, Twenty20 is here to stay.

What I would do is get rid of bilateral ODIs, just keep the ICC tournaments (World Cup and Champions trophy).

Our own Twenty20 competition is a mess. Lancs are playing pretty much every week at Old Trafford throughout June and July- overkill. Apart from the Yorkshire game, the ground will be half full at best.

Bloody hell. WTF just happened there. Is it the fault of team tactics to give Topley the last over. Good luck to the lad after that 2 full tosses and 2 miss fields.

I also thought Chris Jordan's attitude was @#/? - he would be better of looking at his own game.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Bloody hell. WTF just happened there. Is it the fault of team tactics to give Topley the last over. Good luck to the lad after that 2 full tosses and 2 miss fields.

I also thought Chris Jordan's attitude was @#/? - he would be better of looking at his own game.

I think the plan was to keep Topley for the last over. It was poor, but you need to have a look at the batting really, we didn't get enough runs on board, and gave away quite a few soft wickets.

What a depressing weekend. Rovers out of the cup and England annihilated in Johannesburg . The lads need to dust themselves down and get ready for Derby County and the World T20 respectively .

On a brighter note a superlative innings by Brenden McCullum in his last test match. Forward and backward defensive ? Nope, just try to hit every ball for a four or six . The day when T20 merged with Test cricket !

OOT, Have a look at the situation NZ is in now! 4 down and still behind with two days to go. It's all very well going hell for leather, but if, at the end of the match, you lose, it was all for nought. Except for the glory of having your name in the record books.

BTW, check out Dave Warner's catch to get him out in his second dig.

While you're there, have a look at Adam Voges' test average.

Edited by dave birch

OOT, Have a look at the situation NZ is in now! 4 down and still behind with two days to go. It's all very well going hell for leather, but if, at the end of the match, you lose, it was all for nought. Except for the glory of having your name in the record books.

BTW, check out Dave Warner's catch to get him out in his second dig.

While you're there, have a look at Adam Voges' test average.

I know they're in big trouble . Having said that we need to celebrate an extraordinary cricketer. It's not his fault NZ are losing , they just haven't got enough players of the quality to make the most of McCullum's genius. Let's hope Williamson , Anderson and Watling can stick around, get a lead of 250 and see how the Aussies fare chasing that, but somehow I don't think it'll happen.

Wow , Adam Voges' test average is Bradmanesque, thanks for pointing it out ! I refuse to look at anything David Warner does , still haven't forgiven him for lamping Joe Root . :lol:

Edited by onlyonetugay

Is Steven Smith fit to captain an international cricket team? His behaviour yesterday in blatantly questioning the umpires decision when Kane Williamson was given not out , even after it was shown to be the right one by the TV replay , was nothing short of gamesmanship and against the spirit of cricket . Josh Hazelwood's dissent was appalling too and both players should receive heavy fines and bans .

Indeed, I was watching a few overs of it last night.

The Kiwi commentator was aghast.

I think Hazelwood was mouthing 'who the f*** is the third umpire?'

Worst I've seen for a long time.

You're right the commentators weren't impressed . I think there was also a bit of chat from Hazlewood to the batters on the way off for tea. Just read Hazlewood has pleaded guilty to dissent and fined 15% of his match fee. Not sure if Smith has been fined too.

It was a cracking ball, but how the hell could Hazelwood have known better than the third umpire that there was a slight inside edge?

Their explanation was that the visuals on the big screen are low res and therefore the players couldn't see the hot spot replay properly and didn't pick up the clear mark on the bottom of the bat in the way that the third umpire would have been able to. Regardless, it was still very poor by both the Aussies there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35657340

A case of the biters being bitten .

No excuse for the behaviour of the NZ supporters if Warner's accusations are correct , the last thing we want is " cricket hooligans" . However the Australians should be careful when they complain about over the top verbals

Edited by onlyonetugay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35657340

A case of the biters being bitten .

No excuse for the behaviour of the NZ supporters if Warner's accusations are correct , the last thing we want is " cricket hooligans" . However the Australians should be careful when they complain about over the top verbals

Its incredible his inability to see the hypocrisy in those comments. I'm amazed he managed to keep a straight face whilst doing the interview.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Surely I'm not the only one that can't help sniggering upon mention of Willy is playing at the w@nky stadium.............Am I? ^_^

Damned West Indies won the toss and will get the balls first............

Come on ENGLLLLAAANNNNDDDDD!

Edited by Husky

Bowling was atrocious again (I know a couple of ours are injured but it's hard to believe that's the best we've got to offer at this level) - and no wet ball excuse this time. No excuse for the @#/? poor fielding either which was almost as bad.

It was an amazing run chase though and keeps us in the tournament for a while longer. It seemed like the openers were almost pressured into having a free reign due to the situation of the match. Normally they are plodding around like a Morgan on warm milk with half a teaspoon of sugar.

• 2 weeks later...

Jos Buttler is England are just amazing and amazingly in the semi-finals :tu:

You can't argue with that. Job done and anything from here is a bonus. 2 games away from being Champions.

Just made a slight adjustment, hope you don't mind? :tu: