BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I don't know what happened to Lancs this year. It's as if Woy clueless Hodson took over - just no plan at all in T20 - an ever changing team and batting order. Just appalling all the way through.

As for England. Well I won't worry just yet. From memory (not sure if stats will back this up - I'll have to check) we are always crap at the supposed home of cricket. I suspect we'll get back into it at the other grounds - where they usually feel like away games against Pakistan (there's that many of them).

Yeah after last seasons t20 win expected big things. But the reality is bottom of t20 group, 2nd bottom of 50 overs group, lose vs Durham today (well by Tuesday) and think down to 5th in county championship. Even if end up going from 1st not so long ago to 5th the county championship that has still exceeded my expectations but the one day stuff has been pretty pathetic. Has a similar feeling of 2012 where after winning county championship it was an unmitigated disaster pretty much ever since in that format.

Hard to pin point why but the local core of Luke procter (28), Karl brown (28), Tom smith (30), croft (31), Reece (25) should all be in their peak of their powers but all run very hot and cold and in my opinion to a man aren't good to put Lancs at the top table of domestic cricket. Then Kerrigan never recovered from that ashes oval debacle

There are reasons to be hopeful livingstone and haseeb hameed both around 20 have looked class at different points I'd just like them to learn along side a better calibre of senior player.

Yeah after last seasons t20 win expected big things. But the reality is bottom of t20 group, 2nd bottom of 50 overs group, lose vs Durham today (well by Tuesday) and think down to 5th in county championship. Even if end up going from 1st not so long ago to 5th the county championship that has still exceeded my expectations but the one day stuff has been pretty pathetic. Has a similar feeling of 2012 where after winning county championship it was an unmitigated disaster pretty much ever since in that format.

Hard to pin point why but the local core of Luke procter (28), Karl brown (28), Tom smith (30), croft (31), Reece (25) should all be in their peak of their powers but all run very hot and cold and in my opinion to a man aren't good to put Lancs at the top table of domestic cricket. Then Kerrigan never recovered from that ashes oval debacle

There are reasons to be hopeful livingstone and haseeb hameed both around 20 have looked class at different points I'd just like them to learn along side a better calibre of senior player.

To be fair to Giles, he's done a good job since coming in. And appears to be happy to give the kids a chance. The likes of Procter, Brown etc are decent county cricketers, and you do need to have some of them around, if they are too good then you can end up like Yorks where on international week you could lose 5 or 6 of your team, but Id agree that we could do with a couple of top class batsmen to blend in with the others - it's finding good players willing to play, and unlikely to get recalled that may be the issue. Similarly the same on the bowling side of things - we miss a top class spinner.

Looks like the Southport crowd have had a fabulous championship match to watch. Could go either way and Durham have to chase down 250ish on the last day. I noticed Lancs used their sub to bat at eleven. Does this mean Jimmy won't be bowling tomorrow?

Looks like the Southport crowd have had a fabulous championship match to watch. Could go either way and Durham have to chase down 250ish on the last day. I noticed Lancs used their sub to bat at eleven. Does this mean Jimmy won't be bowling tomorrow?

Looks that way oldjamfan. Anderson and Stokes both bowled comeback spells for their counties to prove their fitness and both called up for Friday's test at Old Trafford.

Friday's a cracker for east Lancs cricket fans.

10.30 2nd test England v Pakistan - Old Trafford - day 1

6.30 T20 Blast Durham v Lancs

6.15 Lancs League T20 Blast semi-final Rishton v Church

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 1

Got to say I thought the 1st test against Pakistan was absolutely enthralling, 4 days of superb entertainment and I can't wait for Fridays test top begin.

When Bairstow lost his wicket on Sunday night you could see the lad was absolutely distraught, devastated he'd lost his wicket, the footballers should take note, its not all about money, its about national pride.

• Like 2

Looks that way oldjamfan. Anderson and Stokes both bowled comeback spells for their counties to prove their fitness and both called up for Friday's test at Old Trafford.

Friday's a cracker for east Lancs cricket fans.

10.30 2nd test England v Pakistan - Old Trafford - day 1

6.30 T20 Blast Durham v Lancs

6.15 Lancs League T20 Blast semi-final Rishton v Church

Thanks mate. Also, I didn't realise they had introduced T20 in the Lancs League!?

Always followed the Northern League more being a Darwen lad, but I worked with a couple of Lancs League players a few years back (Ian Howarth of East Lancs and Ian Bell of Haslingden) so was kept up to speed on their games.

Jimmy was only made available for first two days, presumably to test fitness ahead of Friday. Which is a massive blow. Buck comes in instead I believe. Stokes of course plays whole game for Durham.

Durham will be big favourites but you never know as it's starting to spin and we have 2 spinners in there. Durham are a very useful team. Explosion offered by stoneman and stokes, good batting in borthwick and grittiness by collingwood who is still class. There all all-rounders too so gives plenty of options.

Thanks mate. Also, I didn't realise they had introduced T20 in the Lancs League!?

Always followed the Northern League more being a Darwen lad, but I worked with a couple of Lancs League players a few years back (Ian Howarth of East Lancs and Ian Bell of Haslingden) so was kept up to speed on their games.

Lancs League T20 Blast has been a big success. Games are played on Friday evenings with good crowds. Outdoor discos, barbecues during matches and live entertainment afterwards are part of the event.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 1

With the keany summer weather (mostly). It's probably the way to go.

A good old 5-5 bash in the drizzle. :blush:

There are obvious similarities between Lancs CCC and Rovers (especially this season).

Lack of ambition on the pitch - Survival in the division a priority (practically gave up the other 2 competitions). Miserly player acquisition - cash funneled elsewhere.

Great start by England.

Lancs won by 4 runs.

Rishton hammered by Church. Can't win 'em all. :(

Edited by MCMC1875

How annoying. It would seem after over a decade of being largely clueless in the t20 yarkshire have learnt how to play that format as well. Oh well. On the basis Derbyshire and Durham play each other looks as though Lancs are out barring a draw in that game and a world record breaking total which may not even be enough. Bitterly disappointing season.

Great innings by Root. Off stump gaurd to counteract the left armers. Has so much time available and looked so much better playing straight after two cross bat dismissals in the first test. Top player.

50th - 50 for Cook in his 50th test as captain. Another top player for England.