BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Heard rumours Lancs are signing borthwick from Durham. Although nothing on the website. If so he's a decent county player.

Perhaps with a disappointing season in one day stuff the penny has dropped with Lancs that there's a lot of deadwood, albeit locals, and that they need to start bringing players in. Especially in light of Reece, Griffiths and Edwards also being released earlier in the week.

If true must spell the end for one or two of Kerrigan, parry or lilley with matt Parkinson as the young up and coming spinner. Don't need 5 spinners surely. I'd also look to offload two or three of brown, Procter, Bailey, Buck.

It could be exciting times with load of new faces at Lancs, just a Venky esq model of offloading without buying or all come to nothing. I hope for the 1st scenario.

Brilliant test match. Welcome distraction from the car crash that is rovers.

A tremendous win to say in the 1st innings Pakistan were 40 behind with 8 wickets left at which point I thought they'd get a 200+ lead minimum. Then from getting a wicket with last ball of that day had them on the ropes. To take them from 124/3 to 151/9 was brutal.

On tms other day they were also making a big thing of only 3.75% of teams giving a up 100+ lead have gone on to win. Guess gone against the odds.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

Really great series against Pakistan. Although we lost the test it was fantastic to see Younus back up where he belongs. Pity that we have to endure all these meaningless 1 dayers now when a 5th test at Lords would have sold out and been a great occasion.

• Like 1

Went tonight, England thrashed on the pitch. Off it, don't know what to say really. We were utterly surrounded, 5 rows up and down, 10-15 seats left and right. All Pakistan fans, all English in all probability. I mean the atmosphere they created was unbelievable but I don't know what to make of it in all honesty.

The Pakistan captain said it felt like a home game and that helped them win. Blummin heck it felt like a Rovers away game at Torquay we were that outnumbered around me. Maybe nothing should be read into it, but I couldn't help thinking is this a reflection of the success of integration in this country? Old Trafford filled with Englishmen all supporting Pakistan. The whole night was a bit depressing to be honest, but then maybe that was just the result!

• Moderation Lead

Went tonight, England thrashed on the pitch. Off it, don't know what to say really. We were utterly surrounded, 5 rows up and down, 10-15 seats left and right. All Pakistan fans, all English in all probability. I mean the atmosphere they created was unbelievable but I don't know what to make of it in all honesty.

The Pakistan captain said it felt like a home game and that helped them win. Blummin heck it felt like a Rovers away game at Torquay we were that outnumbered around me. Maybe nothing should be read into it, but I couldn't help thinking is this a reflection of the success of integration in this country? Old Trafford filled with Englishmen all supporting Pakistan. The whole night was a bit depressing to be honest, but then maybe that was just the result!

I've never understood that tbh. I remember Nasser Hussain once going on about British-Born Pakistanis not 'supporting the country their parents were from at cricket', but then, he was born in Pakistan himself, so that seemed a bit rich.....

I've noticed people of Italian origin do that with footy as well.

Nasser was born in Madras, India. Loving the racist undertones in a cricket thread. Personally, I wouldn't expect Britons of Pakistani origin to support England in an England v Pakistan game but I would expect them to support England against any other country. That's the difference to me.

• Moderation Lead

I thought it was Pakistan where he was born for some reason! To be honest, I would expect people born in this country that like cricket to support England. I guess the support matter is a family or a cultural thing, but I've never been able to relate to it myself.

I really don't think anything SKH said was racist, or had a hint of it in reality. Quite a poor thing to say really, Jim.

Edited by K-Hod

Nasser was born in Madras, India. Loving the racist undertones in a cricket thread. Personally, I wouldn't expect Britons of Pakistani origin to support England in an England v Pakistan game but I would expect them to support England against any other country. That's the difference to me.

Racist tones ????

Not like you with Aussies , Japanese or Americans then

• Like 3

I was going to say. Pakistan must be a prosperous Country if near on 15,000 of them can fly over here for a one-off (and fairly meaningless) T20 game.

to support their country. Where are these guys getting their money from? Long haul aint cheap - and neither is Manchester.

• Like 1

I thought it was Pakistan where he was born for some reason! To be honest, I would expect people born in this country that like cricket to support England. I guess the support matter is a family or a cultural thing, but I've never been able to relate to it myself.

I really don't think anything SKH said was racist, or had a hint of it in reality. Quite a poor thing to say really, Jim.

You wouldn't expect English expats in Australia or India or wherever to support the home team anymore than you would a Rovers fan who has moved to another town to support the local side against Rovers. I've no problem with Pakistanis or Indians etc supporting their country of ethic origin against England - but the ones who won't support England in matches against other countries or indeed anything at all get me down because it's rude and disrespectful to the country that has given them a home. They're the ones I'd stick on the first plane out of the airport.

• Moderation Lead

You wouldn't expect English expats in Australia or India or wherever to support the home team anymore than you would a Rovers fan who has moved to another town to support the local side against Rovers. I've no problem with Pakistanis or Indians etc supporting their country of ethic origin against England - but the ones who won't support England in matches against other countries or indeed anything at all get me down because it's rude and disrespectful to the country that has given them a home. They're the ones I'd stick on the first plane out of the airport.

That's the thing, I'm not talking expats. Where that's concerned, you're right, I'd expect them to support their country of origin and have no problems with them doing so, either.

My point was about British born and raised citizens of Pakistani origin supporting Pakistan against England. In a lot of cases, these people have never even been to Pakistan.....