BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

It's not unusual. I've acquaintances born and raised in England with Welsh and Scottish parents who always support Wales and Scotland against England. They say it's in the blood and how they were raised. I've no problem with it to be honest - it's staying loyaql to your roots, ethic or otherwise, though like I've said I draw the line when they refuse to back England against other countries. Going to Old Trafford and expecting locally born supporters of Pakistan to be cheering for England is a bit naive.

Edited by jim mk2

I can't see the difference between someone born in the UK to parents born in Pakistan supporting Pakistan at their national game and football fans supporting the team of their family. I have never lived in Blackburn but support Rovers because my mother's family supported them and Ewood was where I was taken when I wanted to go to a game in the 60s. My eldest son now lives in London but is still a Rovers fan. Presumably by this logic he should be supporting West Ham or Leyton Orient?

These people have every right to support England or Pakistan.

What is sad is that yet another thread has been brought down to having a pop at a certain ethnic section of our community.

No, what is sad is that you can't make any kind of neutral, non-threatening and simply curious observation about certain topics in society without the P.C. witch-hunters descending like some slavering, pompously-righteous jackals.

It is literally censorship. There's no logic, balance or intelligence shown. You mention nationality or race in anything other than the most positive and glowing terms and the social justice warriors go into loud virtue signalling mode.

I don't know whether it's motivated by the true belief of practically religious zealotry or it's such a mostly thoughtless, bad habit, like an unavoidable tick. I'm inclined to believe the latter considering its applied when there's absolutely no need whatsoever (as in this case) and it has blatant holes in consistency. For example, as Jim continually shows, racism towards Americans, English and other easy Western targets is acceptable if not encouraged.

• Like 1

For example, as Jim continually shows, racism towards Americans, English and other easy Western targets is acceptable if not encouraged.

You're confusing racism with nationalism and for the record and from memory, I've criticised the NRA and the Republican party, English exiles supporting Australia at cricket and very few others..

The problem with racists is they use subjects like cricket or the EU referendum as a cloak to mask their true feelings and give them some sort of respectability. The likes of you loves knocking liberals for supposed PC attitudes but then don't like it when it's pointed out your rants might be construed a different way. At least that's the way they comes across.

It would help us all if everyone were able to use direct language and label someone a racist when they clearly hold those views. But then that would upset the PC brigade and the moderators (again).

No, what is sad is that you can't make any kind of neutral, non-threatening and simply curious observation about certain topics in society without the P.C. witch-hunters descending like some slavering, pompously-righteous jackals.

It is literally censorship. There's no logic, balance or intelligence shown. You mention nationality or race in anything other than the most positive and glowing terms and the social justice warriors go into loud virtue signalling mode.

I don't know whether it's motivated by the true belief of practically religious zealotry or it's such a mostly thoughtless, bad habit, like an unavoidable tick. I'm inclined to believe the latter considering its applied when there's absolutely no need whatsoever (as in this case) and it has blatant holes in consistency. For example, as Jim continually shows, racism towards Americans, English and other easy Western targets is acceptable if not encouraged.

Neutral observation? Aye whatever.

A new eight team city-based t20 comp to run alongside t20 blast. Blackburn rovers has already been ruined beyond repair now the powers that be have started on my 2nd love Lancashire. I'm all for Lancashire v Yorkshire etc but manchester vs Leeds nah not for me.

Sounds daft to me. They need to just move the top 8 counties through to a super-8s system instead of the full season, mid-week quarter finals and the very lengthy finals day.

Lancashire either need to bat through the day tomorrow or Durham need to bat through the day tomorrow.

I'm not great at working out the computations, but does that sound about right?

..... or if we're being optimistic about Durham, they bowl Hampshire out early doors and knock off the 250-ish to win without taking all day.

Unlucky Yorkshire 😂😂😂

Great advert for game. My mate managed to get a double at some stage on Middlesex to win and also to win championship at something crazy like 30-1, ridiculous given that it was the same thing!!!

As for Lancs though a rather pathetic season all round. This game Lancs should hang their heads in shame. Fighting to avoid relegation and surrendered without resistance. Top after about 6 games ish and 0 wins for rest of the season.

Regardless of the result today, I really feel its time for Lancashire to look to strengthen the batting Prince was never really replaced looks like Petersen isn't sure he wants to come back. The batting has been an Achilles heel for us over the last couple of years

We need to bring 2 high quality batsmen.

I think Lancs have problems all over. I don't think just 2 batsmen will cut it I reckon they need 7-8 better players particularly if Hammed either excels for England and rarely plays for Lancs again or gets ruined by England like Kerrigan or schofield.

I've been largely unimpressed by Giles who for all managed us to get the t20 monkey off our back last year in my opinion in his 2nd full season has taken us backwards this year in one dayers finishing bottom of 50 overs and other than win in the last t20 dead rubber game would have worse in t20. Then the capitulation in county championship was nothing short of a disgrace.

The board also need to take a look at themselves with no significant player investment since probably Buttler and there was little before him. They need to decide whether they want old Trafford to be a cricket venue or a top notch north west conference centre come concert venue. I'm staring to think this season if likes of beyonce and Rihanna I think it was wanted to sing when Lancs were due to play we'd have been farmed off to an out-ground.

I don't know between rovers and Lancs not a lot of sporting enjoyment currently.

Rant over.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...