BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Was talking about The Ashes with my 7 y.o son. "What happens when you win?" he asked?

"Well, you get to tease English people." I then explained to him that the English have won The Ashes since 2009 and look a certainty for the current series. He then asked me "can we barrack for England?"

In any case I'm not taking this lying down, so we were out in the nets this afternoon on an 8 degree winter's day in hats, scarves and gloves. We practised until sunset...at which point he chucked a tantrum saying that he wanted to keep practising. Maybe he'll help win The Ashes back in 20 years.

Guest Norbert

Just returning the favour you gave us from 1987-2005.

Scarves in 8 degrees? No wonder why you're rubbish. How soft is that?

Just returning the favour you gave us from 1987-2005.

Scarves in 8 degrees? No wonder why you're rubbish. How soft is that?

As opposed to your whole country declaring a 'state of emergency' when the weather reaches 30 degrees :lol:

Or your entire transport network grinding to a halt with one inch of snow on the road :lol:

Thank god he didn't waste a review. That's a change for the better.

Edited by pg

As opposed to your whole country declaring a 'state of emergency' when the weather reaches 30 degrees :lol:

Or your entire transport network grinding to a halt with one inch of snow on the road :lol:

Thank god he didn't waste a review. That's a change for the better.

Did you hear my sigh of relief when he didn't call for the review.

Hopefully that's the last of Watson opening.

On Doug Walters; a great eye, loved a smoke and a beer.

I have one memory of him from the mid 70's. I worked with Doug's cousin. One friday they went out on the turps, late late at night ended up back in our office, emptied the bosses fridge, and shortly after Doug made his way to the SCG to play for NSW.

He's one of the few that scored a ton in a session.

Legend.

So you wouldn't cross the road to watch the likes of Richards, Border, Sobers? Your myopia has developed to an insane level.

I said, most - I didn't name which ones. This is the last time I rise to any of your posts about cricket because you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Watson out, nine to go for England

Edit, eight wickets left.

Edited by jim mk2

Bairstow just played another horrible shot over the slips for 4 - send him and Root back to Yorkshire to learn to play properly.

Nuff said

Fair enough, years ago the likes of Doug Walters and from the present day Mitchell Johnson are big jokes over here.

Mind you, some convict once said to me Ian Botham was laughed out of Australia. Forgive me for thinking you lot don't know anything about our great summer sport.

There you go again with the convict stuff but when someone calls a Muslim your all over it . Double standard hypocrisy .

Nuff said

There you go again with the convict stuff but when someone calls a Muslim your all over it . Double standard hypocrisy .

Root should have been out for 8 but was given a reprieve and played well from then on, which I have acknowledged.

You need to learn the difference between nationalism and racism - which has been pointed out to you before.

You'll have to do much better than that.

Anyway away from idiots and back to the cricket, can we finish it before the close ?.

• Like 1

I just had a horrible thought. We aren't back in the 1980's in Australian test cricket, we are back in the 1970's after the WSC split. We'll get smashed 5-1 by the English just as Yallop's lambs did. We'll probably have to get some old fogey to come out of retirement to lead the team like Bob Simpson did.

The problem is that there's no happy reunion a few years later when the WSC players come back. The WSC superstars of our generation are gone and aren't coming back.

It all goes in cycles. One nation can't hope to perennially be top of the rankings.

Agree, although population size means India should have a massive advantage in the pool they can call from, also top quality coaching from youth through to international sides make a difference, as does the sports science side (identifying weaknesses etc)

Agree, although population size means India should have a massive advantage in the pool they can call from, also top quality coaching from youth through to international sides make a difference, as does the sports science side (identifying weaknesses etc)

You'd think the Indian (whoops International ) Cricket Council would be delighted if all of that happened.

It looks like the DRS is a mess and has not improved the accuracy of umpires decisions.

Perhaps a warning in there somehow for football. I realise goal-line technology may be more infallible in that in only has to sense when the ball has crossed the line. However, for most of the other decisions, they would be made by a human being, with the associated fallibility.

Something to ponder.

It looks like the DRS is a mess and has not improved the accuracy of umpires decisions.

Perhaps a warning in there somehow for football. I realise goal-line technology may be more infallible in that in only has to sense when the ball has crossed the line. However, for most of the other decisions, they would be made by a human being, with the associated fallibility.

Something to ponder.

Statistics seem to suggest that the DRS has improved the accuracy of umpires decisions pretty dramatically in fact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/theashes/10192594/Ashes-2013-Chris-Rogers-and-Australia-may-be-struggling-with-DRS-but-the-system-is-good-for-the-game.html

Congratulations to England, a well deserved win. Three wickets down for very few in both innings yet we fought back brilliantly both times. If it had not been for 2 fluke last-wicket stands the margin of victory would have been just as great at Trent Bridge too.

Looking forward to Old Trafford and wrapping up the series.