BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Worst Aussie batting lineup for decades? A couple were really good deliveries but most of dismissals were due to shocking technique. Not a real contest.

Having said that Agar looks a real talent, him and Hughes showing some fight

Worst since the early 1980's. We actually don't have a proper top six. We have five opening batsman and Michael Clarke.

• Like 1

And yet one that they're winning.

I wouldn't say they are winning it yet. They have just gone over the total but this is still a decent batting conditions and I can't believe England will bat as poorly the second time around. If Australia can get a lead of 150 it would be interesting, but with the one wicket left I still think England are in the driving seat.

As someone who finds one sided test matches far too boring It's good to see a bit of a fightback from Australia.

Inevitable stuff there wish the lad got his century

Sorry Tom I just can't understand that statement. Were you hoping that Austin bagged a hat trick against us at ewood?

As it happens I know very little about cricket or cricketers but I remarked yesterday when I was on the golf course that if I was a betting man my money would be on the Aussies. We have been massively overhyped by the opress and media imo and the Australians have that 'cornered rat' air about them.

You must be bloody well joking.

This is the Ashes, the biggest series in world cricket. It's warfare in sporting form, never give an inch to the enemy.

absolutly, all this nicey nicey doesnt wash with me.Would the aussies want one of ours to get a century?

• Backroom

Sorry Tom I just can't understand that statement. Were you hoping that Austin bagged a hat trick against us at ewood?

As it happens I know very little about cricket or cricketers but I remarked yesterday when I was on the golf course that if I was a betting man my money would be on the Aussies. We have been massively overhyped by the opress and media imo and the Australians have that 'cornered rat' air about them.

I don't care enough about cricket to care either way (i'm the kind of fan abbey hates) if he was to get 98 then 2 more wouldn't have broke the camels back

I obviously want England to win but enjoy the spectacle of it as much as anything else and have no real emotional investment as I do with football

Agar is clearly no number 11, but he got lucky today. All he has done is make sure the Aussies don`t lose the test by Friday night.

England are already ahead again, the massive last wicket stand was a large inconvenience, but one I am sure the ECB, Trent Bridge and the Saturday ticket holders are very grateful for.

I expect England to push on in the morning, and slowly build up a lead to around 300 by the close, leaving too much for Australia to do anything with in the forth innings, when Swann will have a major role to play in winning the game, esp if Broad is not 100%.

I don't care enough about cricket to care either way (i'm the kind of fan abbey hates) if he was to get 98 then 2 more wouldn't have broke the camels back

I obviously want England to win but enjoy the spectacle of it as much as anything else and have no real emotional investment as I do with football

Ashes games have been won by the odd run or 2. Need to stop the opposition getting those odd few runs - it might matter

Guest Norbert

I've got a feeling that our batsmen will fail again, and perhaps Prior and Swann (or some other lower order partnership) will form a partnership to limp into a position where the bowlers have half a chance. Then we'll be relying on an Aussie collapse. Our bowling has gotten us out of dodgy situations so many times recently, and they'll have to do it again.

And how close was that stumping of Agar when he scored about 6?

Edited by Norbert

Agar is clearly no number 11, but he got lucky today. All he has done is make sure the Aussies don`t lose the test by Friday night.England are already ahead again, the massive last wicket stand was a large inconvenience, but one I am sure the ECB, Trent Bridge and the Saturday ticket holders are very grateful for.I expect England to push on in the morning, and slowly build up a lead to around 300 by the close, leaving too much for Australia to do anything with in the forth innings, when Swann will have a major role to play in winning the game, esp if Broad is not 100%.

Optimistic Ozz. A couple of early wickets and the Aussies will be right in the mix, a good start and KP could take the game away. Trott would have been the man for tomorrow for England, a tough gritty occupation is what is called for, but he got a tough call when he looked to get an inside edge to me. Well played to the Aussies though, although that 50:50 stumping call also fell Australias way too.

Still anyones game.

Typical of the convicts to put their best batman in at No 11. I just don't trust them.

England need centuries from at least one player tomorrow. Cook is the key - we need him to stay in.

We also need some luck - they got the benefit of all the decisions today.

On an upbeat note, Anderson continues to get better and better; how can anyone that good come from Burnley ?

Edited by jim mk2

What if we didn't win because of those two runs ?

Edit just seen gumboots reply

Edited by ABBEY

You must be bloody well joking.

This is the Ashes, the biggest series in world cricket. It's warfare in sporting form, never give an inch to the enemy.

:lol: Too true!

Having said that it was an entertaining day's cricket.

Agar is clearly no number 11, but he got lucky today. All he has done is make sure the Aussies don`t lose the test by Friday night.

True however the Australian have manage to find bowlers who are more than handy with the bat and on their day, can put on big partnerships.

Starc has a test high score of 99 and averages 32 in his short Test career (his first class average is 25). Pattinson averages 28 in Tests (20 in 1st class) and Siddle averages 15 in Tests (17 in 1st class) but has a 1st class hundred (recently against Scotland) and made history on the recent Indian tour for top scoring and both innings as a number 9 :lol:

2 more?

If a tough and feared opponent in a fight is on the floor don't back off and let him get back to his feet, just drive home your advantage and give him a good kicking. Shake hands afterwards by all means if you must. There is often a very thin dividing line between winning and losing.