BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

14 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Exactly

A bloke called Jack built us a club to be proud of competing at the top table. A family called Rao dismantled his legacy and our club.

Some shrug and say oh its the past get over it...

I very strongly disagree!

Under Williams and Walker we would have signed Rooney.

I know this and people accepting anything less makes me sick.

Under the ownership of the great man and Williams pulling the strings yes... We would be signing a hell of a lot better, but... Rooney?? Give over. He was only ever going to go back to one club. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Athlete said:

Thats why I hope Mulgrew stays he's head and shoulders above anyone we have... But we are threadbare after the releases and loanees went back I don't think we've replaced them with better hopefully I'll be proved wrong.. On TM he's talking a good game it's a long time since he was a success at WBA and then when it wrong he got sacked if he doesn't get us up he'll have proved his self a busted flush... Remember two goals we went down on.. Villa at home barnsley at home Wolves away his negativity took us down.. So unless he proves me wrong and a master league one tactician I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong but somehow looking at the Coventry scenario I don't think I will be 

I think the people we have signed are miles better than the people who left got released.

Dack - stats tell you he's better than anyone we've had since Cairney 

Smallwood > than any cm we previously had

Nuttall banging goals

Samuel > stokes 

Whittingham jury still out

Gladwin potential to be good just needs confidence

Chapman looks unreal

Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

But as I constantly keep repeating what does whinging do! We are were we are, it's simple! The constant moaning does nothing.........or prove me wrong does it do anything??

And what does the constant unfounded optimism do? Nothing.

Or prove me wrong.

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I think the people we have signed are miles better than the people who left got released.

Nuttall banging goals

Samuel > stokes 

Chapman looks unreal

Dack is unproven. Otherwise you would use 'stats' as a positive for Whittingham. I'm optimistic but he still has to prove it. I've not seen enough of him yet.

Samuel has looked very good and Chapman has been outstanding.

However Whittingham, Gladwin and Caddis have so far looked uninspiring signings (some would say poor). Same with Antonsson.

Mixed bag of a window.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Nuttall banging goals

Samuel > stokes 

Chapman looks unreal

Me and you will have to revaluate in Nov/Dec 

The one I'm surprised about is Whittingham..I thought he'd be a good league one signing 

4 minutes ago, Eternal Optimist said:

?? brilliant! And Morata, Neymar, Pogba & Bale

To be fair to MGP, it is less than ten years since a volcano stopped us getting Lewandowski, we were signing the likes of McCarthy from Champions League winning teams and we were turning around Bayern Munich rejects for massive profit. We were a Premier League staple, something to be proud of, that we took for granted. Yorke and Cole (not too long after a treble win) graced Ewood, an aging Rooney wouldn't be pie in the sky.

We should never forget stuff like that, especially when players are choosing Lincoln City over us or we fear the likes of Preston taking our better players.

Two families to blame for this mess, the Rao's and the Walkers.

Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

Simple I'm optimistic we are in for a good season! Not unfounded at all, results are picking up as are performances 

But does your optimism do anything? Nope.

9 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Hopefully Feeney goes wasn't he linked with a few clubs in the last window 

I think he was on a decent wedge though so he seems the type to sit tight until contract is out next summer (?) then move for nowt he seems to work that way.

The other two won't be punted out after Mowbray has got them in I don't think.

• Moderation Lead

I'm not sure what it is about the transfer threads that brings out the goon in people, but it does.

Anyhow, from both sides of the debate there has been name calling and I've had to hide a lot of posts. No more of that rubbish please. Disagree politely and if you're determined to argue, then take any squabbling to private message.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

To be fair to MGP, it is less than ten years since a volcano stopped us getting Lewandowski, we were signing the likes of McCarthy from Champions League winning teams and we were turning around Bayern Munich rejects for massive profit. We were a Premier League staple, something to be proud of, that we took for granted. Yorke and Cole (not too long after a treble win) graced Ewood, an aging Rooney wouldn't be pie in the sky.

We should never forget stuff like that, especially when players are choosing Lincoln City over us or we fear the likes of Preston taking our better players.

Two families to blame for this mess, the Rao's and the Walkers.

"the likes of Preston"

I bet you wish you were!

Archived