BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we've made an improved offer for Heneghan. I don't know how accurate this is, so don't shoot the messenger, but it doesn't appear to be a spammy/crap account judging by the other tweets.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Who were you expecting for a League 1 campaign?

Neymar, Messi or Alexis Sanchez?

If we were properly owned we'd be looking at players to take us up and kick on the championship.. Oh and we wouldn't be here only for these twohats 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Who were you expecting for a League 1 campaign?

Neymar, Messi or Alexis Sanchez?

Made me laugh, but deliberately misses Athlete's essential point.

My own expectations have been "successfully" lowered, season on season, since the takeover.The question is how and why...

Seven years is a lost generation of supporters for the club. Nobody will ever reconcile me into normalising what these *** have done!

8 minutes ago, Athlete said:

If we were properly owned we'd be looking at players to take us up and kick on the championship.. Oh and we wouldn't be here only for these twohats 

We've made the best signings we have made in years and you still moan. Bored of the negativity. We are not a premier league club anymore. Yes it's cos of the venkys but what is anyone going to do to help that? 

3 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

My own expectations have been "successfully" lowered, season on season, since the takeover.The question is how and why...

Because our owners do not know how to run a football club, have taken fatal advice, and been absolutely fooled by the game's best crooks.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Made me laugh, but deliberately misses Athlete's essential point.

Seven years is a lost generation of supporters for the club. Nobody will ever reconcile me into normalising what these *** have done!

Nor should it as it was all probably so unnecessary initially then appointing Coyle was another catastrophic error resulting in a 2nd relegation.

However we are where we are. I desperately miss those 3 years between 92 and 95 when Uncle Jack and a younger vibrant King Kenny were at the helm and we were wiping the floor with all before us. I wish Jack's family had shared his passion for the Club and had never sold to the Rao's.

I also wish I owned a Ferrari. However I dont and they did so such is life sometimes.

1 minute ago, Phil T said:

Because our owners do not know how to run a football club, have taken fatal advice, and been absolutely fooled by the game's best crooks.

...and now are too ashamed to go public with their folly and do the right thing by the club and the legacy of Jack Walker that has been well and truly demolished. They are the vain emporer with new clothes epitomised and hornswaggled.

Oh my god can we just start another thread called "venky bashing" it's so boring to read page after page about how much people hate the venkys in a TRANSFER THREAD, point of this thread is to discuss possible incomings and outgoings not the venkys bank account! I'm not a fan of them don't get me wrong but the constant bashing is really really irritating! 

We've spent money on good signings for this league, one point off a play off spot and three wins in all comps on the spin! This are certainly looking up and be good to see who we bring in before tomorrow's deadline! Onwards and upwards 

1 hour ago, Tony Rover said:

I feel this transfer window has not been too bad for Rovers all be it hasn't ended yet! I think we will end up losing one of our more seasoned pros but at this level it's to be expected. Hoping we make a couple of more signings but if not then let's push some of academy lads into the spot light. We still have a decent set up in that respect, remembering when Southampton were down in this league, didn't end up too bad for them.

Yeah getting worrying last couple of hours with Graham linked to QPR,also heard Shef Utd and Bristol City sniffing round Lenihan,could be plenty of action tomorrow,in and out.

1 hour ago, Eternal Optimist said:

Oh my god can we just start another thread called "venky bashing" it's so boring to read page after page about how much people hate the venkys in a TRANSFER THREAD, point of this thread is to discuss possible incomings and outgoings not the venkys bank account! I'm not a fan of them don't get me wrong but the constant bashing is really really irritating! 

We've spent money on good signings for this league, one point off a play off spot and three wins in all comps on the spin! This are certainly looking up and be good to see who we bring in before tomorrow's deadline! Onwards and upwards 

Is that you Sulhail?  

8 minutes ago, Eternal Optimist said:

I choose to pretend that didn't happen! 

and the past seven years apparently.

It's good to be positive and I admire your eternal opimism. If the club wasn't a rudderless, leaderless ship without direction, I'd be with you.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Southampton didn't have d1ckheads at the helm.

Yeh we know where we are and why we're there but we need a solid, strong centre half (or 2). Assuming Charlie stays, we then have the option of playing him in a variety of positions dependant on circumstances, rather than out of position being the norm.

It will only prove to be a good window if Mowbray can get a consistent tune out of what remains from his dealings.

Yes.... Let's remind ourselves who is running this shower. I've said previous on what I think of the BOI.... Let that one sink in. Things could and should be a whole lot better, Venkys have almost zapped my love for football be all it for my son. This season I'm hoping to concentrate on the football. Anyway here's hoping.

19 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

and the past seven years apparently.

It's good to be positive and I admire your eternal opimism. If the club wasn't a rudderless, leaderless ship without direction, I'd be with you.

The past can't be changed! What's done is done unfortunately best thing to do is just forget they exist and support the 11 players on the pitch every Saturday/Tuesday   

22 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yeah getting worrying last couple of hours with Graham linked to QPR,also heard Shef Utd and Bristol City sniffing round Lenihan,could be plenty of action tomorrow,in and out.

Might just turn out in our favour. Keep reminding myself how optimistic I was when TM signed a new contract. The blokes a breath of fresh air, seems to talk sense most the time and is honest. Not the best start but the signs of life are there. Lenihan could be a worry, I would actually be more concerned to see Graham go. He's not looking the part at the min but he'll come good again. 

6 minutes ago, Eternal Optimist said:

The past can't be changed! What's done is done unfortunately best thing to do is just forget they exist and support the 11 players on the pitch every Saturday/Tuesday   

The support from the stands both home and Away as been exceptionally brilliant over the last seven years.. But let's not forget where it's got us... Oh hang on league one playing Rochdale Fleetwood etc 

Archived