SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A bit harsh on Raya! 

I think Raya did OK with that. He could have grabbed at the guy and then it would have been a red card and a pen. Bloody awful play from Williams and Charlie. We used to have a real propensity for passing the ball around at the back until we lost  it in dangerous areas. Recently I thought we'd improved in that respect.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

That last ten minutes- our winner, Doncaster's equaliser pivotal for the season. 

Here's hoping we are never lower than 2nd between now and final whistle of the season.

Think we'll finish 2nd or third. Points and two games in hand on the next 3 teams should see us no lower than that.

However the difference between 2nd and 3rd is rather wide!

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Think we'll finish 2nd or third. Points and two games in hand on the next 3 teams should see us no lower than that.

However the difference between 2nd and 3rd is rather wide!

Think there is still a chance of being first to be honest. Wigan still have to come to ours and they have not been there best in recent weeks. If we continue this run and they drop some points here and there - the game at our place could be massive.

22 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I saw @JAL's reply and started writing out something similar before realising that he has such a whopping reason of his own to hate Nyambe, that there is absolutely no point in trying to change his mind. Let him be.

Balanced view from me: Nyambe has been steady enough without being outstanding, until the last month or so, where has has been outstanding. But who cares about that, when you care more about who his agent is?

Your anything but balancedPhilT when you infer that I hate Nyambe which just to correct you I don't is that clear.

45 minutes ago, JAL said:

Your anything but balancedPhilT when you infer that I hate Nyambe which just to correct you I don't is that clear.

Every post you make about Nyambe is to unfairly criticise him without EVER saying anything good about him. What on Earth is your beef with Nyambe?

I shouldn't care, but I don't think I'm alone in interpreting your posts as hatred for the guy!

3 hours ago, JAL said:

You disparage him even when he's the best player on the pitch. Don't play the victim, you know what you're doing. The question is why? That's rhetorical, I don't actually give a shit.

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Think there is still a chance of being first to be honest. Wigan still have to come to ours and they have not been there best in recent weeks. If we continue this run and they drop some points here and there - the game at our place could be massive.

"If" eh? Always was the saddest word in the English language!

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Every post you make about Nyambe is to unfairly criticise him without EVER saying anything good about him. What on Earth is your beef with Nyambe?

I shouldn't care, but I don't think I'm alone in interpreting your posts as hatred for the guy!

Our expetations differ that's the big difference between us PhilT, to call me hating a Rovers player is bang out of order imo.

42 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You disparage him even when he's the best player on the pitch. Don't play the victim, you know what you're doing. The question is why? That's rhetorical, I don't actually give a shit.

A journalist claims he's man of the match yet the video highlights two sets don't show anything out of the ordinary then this local journalist runs a story about Nyambe's eye catching performances in attack. 

Have to question this that's all.

Did he look good against Northampton ?

Just now, JAL said:

A journalist claims he's man of the match yet the video highlights two sets don't show anything out of the ordinary then this local journalist runs a story about Nyambe's eye catching performances in attack. 

Have to question this that's all.

Did he look good against Northampton ?

Yes he did.

On those Fleetwood highlights you scrutinised, what did you think of all his defensive play which snuffed out plenty of attacks and put us back on the front foot?  What do you mean highlights videos dont show that stuff? Surely it must do if you are using them to critique his match performance.

Just now, Hasta said:

Yes he did.

On those Fleetwood highlights you scrutinised, what did you think of all his defensive play which snuffed out plenty of attacks and put us back on the front foot?  What do you mean highlights videos dont show that stuff? Surely it must do if you are using them to critique his match performance.

But the local rag man Sharp talked about his eye catching attacking moments. Their goal didn't seem to put us on the front foot .

Want to know if Rich Sharp is in the agents camp like the last lieing toe rag we had.

Just now, JAL said:

But the local rag man Sharp talked about his eye catching attacking moments. Their goal didn't seem to put us on the front foot .

Want to know if Rich Sharp is in the agents camp like the last lieing toe rag we had. Re the length of Bradley Orrs contract.

30 minutes ago, JAL said:

But you admit there is 80 minutes of defending (his main job) and attacking you didn't see don't you. 

He was good again today. At the start of the season I was worried but in recent matches he is closing down quicker, tackling better, and his increased confidence has meant he's become much better going forward. He uses his strength a lot better now to protect the ball aswell. Surely the brief mobile phone highlight filmed by a couple of kids which you watched showed you this !!?

Maybe all the Rovers fans who go to games who say he is playing well are in the agents pockets as well. 

I'm not saying he can't be improved upon, but I'm really struggling to pick between you and Rev for who has the biggest personal vendetta on a Rovers player ATM.

Just now, Hasta said:

But you admit there isn't 80 minutes of defending (his main job) and attacking you didn't see don't you. 

He was good again today. At the start of the season I was worried but recentkymhes starting closing down quicker, tackling better, and his increased confidence has meant he's become much better going forward. He uses his strength a lot better now to protect the ball aswell. Surely the brief mobile phone highlight filmed by a couple of kids which you watched showed you this.

Maybe all the Rovers fans who go to games who say he is playing well are in the agents pockets as well. 

I'm not saying he can't be improved upon, but I'm really struggling to pick between you and Rev for who has the biggest personal vendetta on a Rovers player ATM.

OK what about Northamptons goal today ?

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

l

I've answered that on the other thread so you can try and reply again on this threads topic rather than deflecting. ;)

There's no video evidence of the game to prove your credibility on the issue .

4 hours ago, 47er said:

"If" eh? Always was the saddest word in the English language!

Still undefeated, still on a run as such...keep going and its still possible. Need a reaction Tuesday...3rd will be considered failure for me at the end of the season.

8 hours ago, JAL said:

There's no video evidence of the game to prove your credibility on the issue .

No. So we either believe your version of events from watching a couple of minutes of mobile phone.cljps. . Or the many posters on this message board who attended the full match and have an alternative view. 

Or are they all in the pockets of agents? 

On 27/01/2018 at 07:49, philipl said:

That last ten minutes- our winner, Doncaster's equaliser pivotal for the season. 

Here's hoping we are never lower than 2nd between now and final whistle of the season.

ooops :)

Archived