BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think he'll do well in the Championship if only because of his attitude. He's a tenacious little bugger who never stops trying even when things aren't going too well.

Agreed, unlike most creative no. 10 types he actually puts a shift in and leads by example, on top of having genuine quality. Exactly the type of player we'll need if we do get promoted.

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think he'd do OK. He's not lacking in ability. Maybe getting the move to Rovers has shown him that there's another World in football if you apply yourself. If we'd have had him last season we would have stayed up. His goals from midfield were just what we were missing.

I'm a little surprised a Championship club didn't take a punt on him this summer. £750k for a genuine young talent, voted best player in League One in the 15/16 season, seems worth the risk to me. Bristol City apparently had a bid of £2m rejected for him in the summer of 2016... I guess we just got lucky?

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2018 at 19:18, Gav said:

Team spirit has been evident all season, never in question, unlike the manager who was sacked several times by the experts on here, embarrassing.

Nearly as embarrassing as this comment made by you on Lowe:

"Lowe does the hard yards, every side needs a Lowe, pity most fans don't see the impact he has."

or nearly as embarrassing at you bringing it up every 5 posts you make these days.

We won't bring up your mistakes constantly though Gav, that's for the little men

7 hours ago, Al said:

Any chance of coming back to matches gumboots? I think you would enjoy it now.

Too busy this year. Off to Korea in a few weeks for the winter Olympics and to visit our new grandson. Then after that we'll be on holiday on and off for spring and summer. Maybe next season there'll be a chance but then again it depends on my kids and their plans for hols etc. My time seems to be less my own than when I was working full-time! 

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Nearly as embarrassing as this comment made by you on Lowe:

"Lowe does the hard yards, every side needs a Lowe, pity most fans don't see the impact he has."

or nearly as embarrassing at you bringing it up every 5 posts you make these days.

We won't bring up your mistakes constantly though Gav, that's for the little men

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant, another convert to the Mowbray appreciation society I assume.....

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant, another convert to the Mowbray appreciation society I assume.....

I don't know what's weirder, the bond you and Chaddy have built over your self-righteousness or chastising people for putting an "expert opinion" in after writing that comment about Lowe. Nothing screams I think I'm an expert more than "most fans can't see..." :lol::rolleyes:

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't know what's weirder, the bond you and Chaddy have built over your self-righteousness or chastising people for putting an "expert opinion" in after writing that comment about Lowe. Nothing screams I think I'm an expert more than "most fans can't see..." :lol::rolleyes:

You're going to great lengths to try and hide the fact your footballing knowledge can be written on the back of a postage stamp.

So I'll bid you goodnight sir :tu:

2 hours ago, DE. said:

It'd be pretty interesting to see how Dack performs in the Championship. He's obviously a top player at this level, and whilst he may not be as effective in the Championship I reckon he'd still come in with a respectable amount of goals and assists. 

He's such an outstanding player at this level it feels very strange that he hasn't moved already to Championship years ago. He had 5 seasons and 160 games at Gillingham, and in the last three has scored a decent amount of goals, and then came to us. It seems very odd considering he's the best attacking midfielder in the division by miles, and as we all know that while a much stronger league there is a lot of dross in the Championship who - at least on paper - Dack looks like a big improvement.

Maybe he just got missed by scouts season after season? Or there is some flaw to his game which put the scouts off? But I can't really see it... he's quick, strong, clever, good technique, scores a lot of goals, very energetic and tenacious. His passing isn't brilliant, but I don't think many players outside the prem are that great at picking passes. When you think we were suffering the likes of Akpan it does make you wonder.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think he'll do well in the Championship if only because of his attitude. He's a tenacious little bugger who never stops trying even when things aren't going too well.

I do too, with the right players around him.  I like this lad, skillful, string and seems to genuinely give a shit, outs a shift in too.  Yeah, he'll do alright. I just hope it's while playing for us and it's next season we get to find out

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think he'd do OK. He's not lacking in ability. Maybe getting the move to Rovers has shown him that there's another World in football if you apply yourself. If we'd have had him last season we would have stayed up. His goals from midfield were just what we were missing.

Along with the midfield.

3 hours ago, DE. said:

Agreed, unlike most creative no. 10 types he actually puts a shift in and leads by example, on top of having genuine quality. Exactly the type of player we'll need if we do get promoted.

I'm a little surprised a Championship club didn't take a punt on him this summer. £750k for a genuine young talent, voted best player in League One in the 15/16 season, seems worth the risk to me. Bristol City apparently had a bid of £2m rejected for him in the summer of 2016... I guess we just got lucky?

If I recall he had a sub par season last year, perhaps that's what cooled everyone's interest.  Delighted that Mowbary saw what he did and knew he could pull him through it.

7 hours ago, gumboots said:

Too busy this year. Off to Korea in a few weeks for the winter Olympics and to visit our new grandson. Then after that we'll be on holiday on and off for spring and summer. Maybe next season there'll be a chance but then again it depends on my kids and their plans for hols etc. My time seems to be less my own than when I was working full-time! 

Weather report for you Gumboots. I’m currently at Incheon airport changing planes and it’s 4 degrees - you’ll need your big coat up in them mountains. Not that I’ve been outside.

• J*B unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

His passing isn't brilliant, but I don't think many players outside the prem are that great at picking passes.

Not sure where you get that from? The first highlight on the video dispels that myth. There won't be many better weighted passes than that.

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure where you get that from? The first highlight on the video dispels that myth. There won't be many better weighted passes than that.

I have watched those celebrations at the end over and over about 100 times now.

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

Weather report for you Gumboots. I’m currently at Incheon airport changing planes and it’s 4 degrees - you’ll need your big coat up in them mountains. Not that I’ve been outside.

My son Ultrablue has warned us. We have coats that say they are effective down to -40 and our Christmas pressies were mainly thermal undies and jumpers gloves etc. ?

2 hours ago, Hanks said:

No it was Smallwood, totally different agent/agency.

Cheers !

Theres a piece of play from the Fleetwood fans video where Nyambe has a free header and directs it straight to a Fleetwood player in midfield ee-aww. Let's hope the lad can improve as he needs to.

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, JAL said:

Cheers !

Theres a piece of play from the Fleetwood fans video where Nyambe has a free header and directs it straight to a Fleetwood player in midfield ee-aww. Let's hope the lad can improve as he needs to.

He’s improved loads JAL, he’s also 20 years old and growing in confidence with every game. Get behind players that play for your club, you know, as a supporter, do the unthinkable and support players from your team.

Archived