BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, hes been linked with practically half of the league, so presumably theres nothing in it, and the universal response has been a demand for someone with much more know how in there.

One thing I am sure of is that the answer to our defensive woes is certainly not already at the club. Its not fixable by a keeper or a new defensive midfielder protecting the defence, its not fixable by moving someones position, Williams/Nyambe re-born as a central defefender to solve our woes, and in this case it also isnt fixable by promoting youth players. Magloire may well be a good player for us in the future but he showed v Sheffield Wednesday that hes nowhere near ready, needs a spell in the lower leagues to learn how to head a ball. Wharton had seemingly underwhelming spells at Bury and Lincoln, Platt coulnt get in Stanleys squad and Grayson isnt ready either. 

The names mentioned, Hanley, Ajayi, Cooper, Dann, they are the sort of centre back we need.

I agree... this was my point. No point signing a young centre-back we have plenty of those

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Maybe try and get the best out of him help the 20 Yr old player mature and make a player out of him. 

He's shown nothing to suggest that there is a player in there. Also by signing Gallagher he has only moved further down the pecking order, we play one up front so he is now 3rd choice striker at best.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Plenty of sides have gone from mid table to the top 6 with out spending that sort of money on their entire team let alone just on forwards. It is massive money in this division because the vast majority of sides could not afford to spend that unless they sold a player or two for big money or they had parachute payments.

Also if we do have aspirations for top 6 then it would be more prudent to spend some of that £15 Million on the defence instead of using it on 3 players who are all strikers. Unless the defence is strengthened significantly then we will be no way near the top 6.

Personally I think the Gallagher signing is an acknowledgement that the Brereton signing has not worked, had Brereton scored say 7 or 8 goals last season then I highly doubt that we would have signed Gallagher. The Gallagher signing pushes Brereton even further down the order and leaves us with the problem of what to do with a £7 Million dud. 

Cannot wait for you to fall flat on your face with this. The lad is 20yrs Old. 

• Like 5

He's shown nothing to suggest that there is a player in there. Also by signing Gallagher he has only moved further down the pecking order, we play one up front so he is now 3rd choice striker at best.

Do some research pal. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Not even had 5 starts yet and you’re prepared to make that judgement?

Each to their own 

• Like 6

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Maybe try and get the best out of him help the 20 Yr old player mature and make a player out of him. 

That's going to be difficult now I think. This season at least. He has Graham and now Gallagher directly ahead of him for what as far as we know is just one spot. That's where he needs to be playing to develop properly, and he needs it regularly really. There is also Nuttall and (lol) Samuel, as well as potentially Armstrong to contend with. Though I'd imagine Brereton will be third in the pecking order for the role due to his fee. Then again I didn't think I'd see TM wedging Palmer and Dack in there ahead of him last season at times.

His other 'role', the wide forward, has competition in the form of Armstrong, Downing, Rothwell and Chapman. Probably Gallagher too, who is likely to get the nod ahead of BB there for any game where DG doesn't start.

It's hard to see how BB gets the regular game time he badly needs to develop, especially up front. I see him being a bench player again with little cameos, until he can do something special with one or two of them.

I wonder if any of the promoted teams would fancy loaning him, and if so whether they'd regularly start him?

From what I have seen of him, there is not much chance of that happening. 

There will be nowhere to hide when this young man starts to play. Some fans taking absolute liberties in their criticism of a 19/20yr Old.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Do some research pal. You’re embarrassing yourself.

We play one upfront. Graham is undoubtedly first choice, I would say it's a fair shout that Gallagher is second choice. So that leaves the likes of Armstrong, Nuttall, Samuel and Brereton fighting to be the third choice striker. Not sure what is embarrassing about that take? Also I am not your 'pal'.

Just now, Biz said:

Not even had 5 starts yet and you’re prepared to make that judgement?

Each to their own 

Yes I am. Honestly I think he looks terrible, he's shown me nothing to think he is going to be a first choice striker at this level. He can't head the ball, he doesn't have much pace or any skill to beat a man, he's a poor finisher, he's lazy and he is also very weak although that may change.

• Like 1

Have to agree to disagree the fact is we have a highly rated young striker who is still a baby in football terms if he reaches the potential expected of him we will make money on him. 

• Like 1

We play one upfront. Graham is undoubtedly first choice, I would say it's a fair shout that Gallagher is second choice. So that leaves the likes of Armstrong, Nuttall, Samuel and Brereton fighting to be the third choice striker. Not sure what is embarrassing about that take? Also I am not your 'pal'.

Yes I am. Honestly I think he looks terrible, he's shown me nothing to think he is going to be a first choice striker at this level. He can't head the ball, he doesn't have much pace or any skill to beat a man, he's a poor finisher, he's lazy and he is also very weak although that may change.

We don’t know how many we play up front following a very obvious and public change in playing style / formation.

Youre right though, I’m not your pal. 

Can’t head, can’t run, no skill, can’t finish, has no strength and is lazy?

Im sorry but I don’t think it’s possible to come to those conclusions yet - just like using the isolated example of his good play should suggest he’s going to be a worldie.

Im not sure why people feel the need to make such final opinions with such little example. Isn’t it easy just to say he’s underwhelmed so far and we haven’t seen enough?

• Like 1

There will be nowhere to hide when this young man starts to play. Some fans taking absolute liberties in their criticism of a 19/20yr Old.

Well with us spending £5 Million on a new striker he isn't going to be playing much more if anymore at all this season. It also make's you wonder if we have such a superstar in Brereton why did we need to spend £5 Million on another striker? It's not like we a short of them.

Well with us spending £5 Million on a new striker he isn't going to be playing much more if anymore at all this season. It also make's you wonder if we have such a superstar in Brereton why did we need to spend £5 Million on another striker? It's not like we a short of them.

Possibly so that barring any injuries to DG of Dack we have options of switching how we play which thankfully in my eyes we now do. 

• Like 1

If you understood football at all you would know exactly why. But you don’t...

50 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

£12m?? That’s not a lot of money. One good season and you can sell a player for £15+.

You buy AND sell young British players at a premium. ??‍♂️

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at that.

For the record, I’d agree there’s a good chance we’ll get over £15 for Brereton.

• Like 4

Just now, Biz said:

Can’t head, can’t run, no skill, can’t finish, has no strength and is lazy?

Im sorry but I don’t think it’s possible to come to those conclusions yet - just like using the isolated example of his good play should suggest he’s going to be a worldie.

Im not sure why people feel the need to make such final opinions with such little example. Isn’t it easy just to say he’s underwhelmed so far and we haven’t seen enough?

He played over 15 hours of football for us last season, for me that is plenty enough time to come to conclusions about a player.

The Gallagher signing wouldn't bother me so much if it had been 1.5 to 2 million. It's the fact he's spunked 5 million on a player who has shown nothing to suggest he's ever going to be any more than a journeyman lower league player. Mowbary irks me because he has no imagination regarding transfers, he just goes for the safe option every time. Brentford a big example picking up players and turning them into stars. Dack was a fluke in my opinion but other than him he lacks any knowledge in the transfer market

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 2

He played over 15 hours of football for us last season, for me that is plenty enough time to come to conclusions about a player.

Personally disagree. Especially when we’re talking about a very young lad!

Just now, roverandout said:

The Gallagher signing wouldn't bother me so much if it had been 1.5 to 2 million. It's the fact he's spunked 5 million on a player who has shown nothing to suggest he's ever going to be any more than a journeyman lower league player. Mowbary irks me because he has no imagination regarding transfers, he just goes for the safe option every time. Brentford a big example picking up players and turning them into stars. Rack was a fluke in my opinion but other than him he lacks any knowledge in the transfer market

Judging by nickos 350 k and 15 percent to Plymouth I make by my maths it’s 2.25 million upfront. Rest over his length of contract adding to 5 million to male amortisation better. Meaning those pilgrims thinking 750k on 5 million are right but as with transfer fees the sell ons. Between clubs are also staggered on payment structure 

If you understood football at all you would know exactly why. But you don’t...

Insulting the person behind a view doesn't demerit the view or 'win' the discussion. Please be more polite and less condescending to your fellow posters. It will improve the board atmosphere.

• Like 2