BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, renrag said:

I wonder how we managed to help in developing the careers of top class players, without them going out on loan. I’m thinking of players like Clayton, Douglas, England, Newton, Pickering, Barker, Garner, May, Jones and many many more

By giving them regular game time.

No matter how promising, no one can argue yet that Butterworth should start over Dack, Buckley over Travis/Johnson, Fisher over Mr. X & Y, and we need to sign central defender(s) better than Magloire is right now.

They'll come back the better for it, and make mistakes on someone else's pitch.

• Like 3

Can't help thinking TM wants us to play like Liverpool and have Dack/Brereton like Firminho, not sure we're up to that.  Graham has been shifted out to the right a couple of times over the last two seasons, would be better as a plan B for when DG is off the pitch in my opinion.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Been off a few days, but I assume it has been discussed that we had the youngest average squad age in the league last season? 

"but why are we signing pensioners? " 

That's why. 

That's been done yes. 

• Like 5

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

By giving them regular game time.

No matter how promising, no one can argue yet that Butterworth should start over Dack, Buckley over Travis/Johnson, Fisher over Mr. X & Y, and we need to sign central defender(s) better than Magloire is right now.

They'll come back the better for it, and make mistakes on someone else's pitch.

going on loan not the only way of course. not disagreeing with you but look at Rhian Brewster and Phil Foden, they both didn't get sent on loan. Brewster's gonna get a big season ahead of him.

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

going on loan not the only way of course. not disagreeing with you but look at Rhian Brewster and Phil Foden, they both didn't get sent on loan. Brewster's gonna get a big season ahead of him.

Yeah but with some it is obvious that they are that good already and ready straight away. Look at our very own Duff, Dunn and even Jones. The likes of Ronney and Owen - none went out on loan as it was obvious that they were already better than many of those ahead of them.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yeah but with some it is obvious that they are that good already and ready straight away. Look at our very own Duff, Dunn and even Jones. The likes of Ronney and Owen - none went out on loan as it was obvious that they were already better than many of those ahead of them.

Some managers prefer to keep the young talent close. Some also study the style and clubs that the loanees go to, to ensure that there is an end result or education to be achieved. Anyhow, if our aim is for the boys to experience men's football, then loaning is the way to go

So no strikers and Gallagher / Brereton \ even Graham stuck out wide. More confusion for the players and square pegs in round holes. Mowbray thinks he's some sort of coaching genius. It won't work. Why can't he keep it simple and play players in their correct positions? 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

I'd say Foden could do with being a starter for a season at a lower PL side tbh if he is only going to get 300 or so minutes at City again.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Travis was rumoured to be going out on loan last season and didn't and he flourished when he got his chance. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Groundhog day.

Im more upset mainly because its another excuse to keep some of our deadwood in CM.

Might work to keep Buckley around after all. It's all going a bit Grella for Davenport.

• Like 1

no offense, but I would trust Pep's judgement

(sorry!)

No problem.

I think I might be more invested in the England team than him though, and couldn’t give a toss about Citeh.

He’s just bought another CM for £70m.

• Like 1