BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only clue on the 'mystery' man I can give is that he has NEVER been mentioned on here...

That tells you how much of a surprise he would be and also speaks accurately of his quality.

Norman Wisdom?

Has to be Gross probably...

Did have success after Spurs (before it too...).

But he doesnt seem a strong enough character.

It would fit the bill as to why Nicko was underwhelmed.

I have this image of gross waving a Blackburn bus ticket in the air, a la his spurs 'man of the people' press conference.

And we all know what he will say during his post match interviews; 'vee mahst werk harter'

The only clue on the 'mystery' man I can give is that he has NEVER been mentioned on here...

That tells you how much of a surprise he would be and also speaks accurately of his quality.

Sounds very much like it could be my next-door neighbours gardner. :D

Looking likely then that it's Paul Ince from Nicko's (1). Issues being his coaching badges.

Allardyce or McLaren would walk straight in, no issues.

Very disappointing really, with names like Bilic, Laudrup & Cate being mentioned.

I am so suprised that it has taken so long if Ince, BFS & McLaren have been only serious candidates.

Will just have to get behind whoever gets it from above three.

3 - I have had no feedback on Laudrup and Bilic's English people say it was not him, so those names - who are both in Switzerland just now - would not appear to be right. I think the one I hears IS, but in case I am being fed a line I will keep it to myself.

For those guessing it is the manager of a participating country, I would point out that Nicko has said that he hears the mystery man is. Surely if it was one of the managers within the tournament they ARE there.

Looks like the guessing game will go on for a bit yet.....

No source, just a feeling! Hope your right though Matty - but only aslong as McClown or Ince aint before him!

Wouldn't it have been better then to say: "I've got a feeling that Big Sam will get the job", rather than send everyone into a tailspin of panic by seemingly having some inside info?

Capello's got it!

Just a hunch I have.

Maybe someone obscure like John Gregory, or Graham Taylor if they are over there doing media work ?

Some good calls there and its quite sad that I would be more excited about those two that BFS or Mclown.

Some good calls there and its quite sad that I would be more excited about those two that BFS or Mclown.

I believe the board know the one they want from the CURRENT short list. So no twists.

The three we know have been interviewed are Ince, McClaren and Allardyce. Shearer dropped out. I think the other guy was Martinez, but I will stand corrected.

Of course, once they make their choice the others will probably deny they ever met them and 'were shocked we didn't get the call.'

I believe the board know the one they want from the CURRENT short list. So no twists.

The three we know have been interviewed are Ince, McClaren and Allardyce. Shearer dropped out. I think the other guy was Martinez, but I will stand corrected.

Of course, once they make their choice the others will probably deny they ever met them and 'were shocked we didn't get the call.'

Allardyce has to be favourite.

How much was BFS on at the Breezeblock and then up at St James?

Would we be able to equal his Newcastle wages or would he work for less knowing it's closer to home and less high profile?

I wonder

So it's Ince.

Oh well, at least there won't be totally horrific football at Ewood next season. Can't see our big players being too "in awe" of our new manager, but time will tell.

Don't get me wrong, it's a poor appointment, but we just have to be thankful it's not McClaren or (worst of all) BFFS.

Looking likely then that it's Paul Ince from Nicko's (1). Issues being his coaching badges.

Oh God no! I must say I heard an 'informed' murmur in the direction on Sunday and chose to dismiss it. If we are not to have a 'sexy' Bilic type appointment then please not this cockney upstart! The man has not the intelligence, bearing or authority to manage at top level, how on earth will he command any respect from the players. Having said that imo he's way in front of MacLaren in my order of preference (Maclaren's appointment would mean humiliation from all sides) ......... and by the same token way behind Allardyce.

Archived