Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
440 replies to this topic

#361 thenodrog

thenodrog

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33009 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 13:38 PM

Sporting Intelligence view and copy of letter sent to Mr Anderson

Quote "On Wednesday, the Action Group met in Westminster with lifelong Rovers fan and local MP, Jack Straw"
Lifelong??? Someone's getting carried away here. Jack Straw only became a Blackburn fan when he was into his 30's. In fact just about the time that Mrs Thatcher rose to the throne.

The word hyphen has a hy-phen

First I've heard about it.

I didnt slam fans for not renewing as you put it , nor am I a joker. If you care to look at what I did say you will find that I said fans should not be criticised whichever way they go, it is personal choice. In an ideal world everyone would have your immaculate grasp of the english literature language but bearing in mind glens recent loss it is perhaps understandable, and not the most important thing on his mind right

now.

:rolleyes:
Fixed it for you.

Edited by thenodrog, 15 June 2012 - 13:40 PM.

Those whom the Gods seek to destroy they first make mad.....

:goal:

#362 Steve Moss

Steve Moss

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4150 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 13:46 PM

My little girl turned 7 today and all she wanted for her birthday was to go and watch Rovers for the first time with her dad (I tried explaining that the season was over but that didn't deter her). 2 years ago I would've been straight on the phone to get her a ST for next season. At the moment I don't even want to buy her a ticket for the first home game next season!

This highlights the damage being done by these utter ar$eholes! It's not just the present being damaged, it's the future! She, and many others are the future fans of this club and when their parents are reluctant to take them along to Ewood, the club is terminally ill.

I've shielded her all her life from following her mum's team, so come on PL, FA, FL and anyone else, help rid us of this scum before she defects to Manure!

Perhaps you can take her to some of the summer friendlies? Anything to avoid your daughter becoming a ManU fan. Otherwise, I think that might be considered child neglect. :P

Edited by Steve Moss, 15 June 2012 - 13:46 PM.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the checks." Bill Shankly

#363 windymiller7

windymiller7

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

• ST Block: N05

Posted 15 June 2012 - 14:35 PM

Perhaps you can take her to some of the summer friendlies? Anything to avoid your daughter becoming a ManU fan. Otherwise, I think that might be considered child neglect. :P

:lol:

Fair comment, not a bad idea abot the pre-season friendlies. You can understand where I'm coming from though, it's not just the fact I can't bear the thought of putting another penny in Wankys pockets (or wherever it ends up), it's the atmosphere. I want her to enjoy her first match, not suffer a cauldren of hatred.

Mind you, there'll probably be just the two of us sat there anyway! :unsure:

#364 jim mk2

jim mk2

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11907 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 14:54 PM

Quote "On Wednesday, the Action Group met in Westminster with lifelong Rovers fan and local MP, Jack Straw"
Lifelong??? Someone's getting carried away here. Jack Straw only became a Blackburn fan when he was into his 30's. In fact just about the time that Mrs Thatcher rose to the throne.

Jack's in his 60s I think he's clocked up 30 years' service which isn't bad for a lad from Leytonstone, Essex. Met him couple of times and he would rather talk about Rovers than anything else. Struck me as a proper football fan because he was always a pessimist ! Basically, he's as Rovers daft as anyone.

I agree Thatcher rose to the throne...the one upstairs in one of your 4 loos. Then she flushed the country down the toilet......

What's the difference between yoghurt and Australians ? At least yoghurt starts with a little culture.

#365 Harrier7

Harrier7

Championship

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 15:02 PM

I agree Thatcher rose to the throne...the one upstairs in one of your 4 loos. Then she flushed the country down the toilet......

It was already down the pan. She had the balls to get her hands dirty to clear the blockage.

#366 m1st

m1st

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 15:10 PM

:lol:

Fair comment, not a bad idea abot the pre-season friendlies. You can understand where I'm coming from though, it's not just the fact I can't bear the thought of putting another penny in Wankys pockets (or wherever it ends up), it's the atmosphere. I want her to enjoy her first match, not suffer a cauldren of hatred.

Mind you, there'll probably be just the two of us sat there anyway! :unsure:

The only 3 Friendlies mentioned on the club website are all Away games [2 at the Crown Ground; 1 in Rochdale] so, by going to them, you also wouldn't be giving money to Rovers.

There's also the FC United Friendly - take her to that and hopefully you could reinforce the anti-Manure message! :D
"I have watched the Rovers; I have walked alone." [With apologies to Rod McKuen.]

#367 Neil Weaver

Neil Weaver

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 16:46 PM

How can you talk about one of Rovers' honorary Vice Presidents that way?
To get maximum attention, it's hard to beat a big mistake

#368 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5423 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 17:03 PM

[quote name='Neil Weaver' timestamp='1339778774' post='1275821']
There's an old saying in Lancashire- " If the cap fits, wear it " . She did more damage to this country than Hitler could ever dream about.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 15 June 2012 - 17:04 PM.

#369 Veevs

Veevs

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 17:34 PM

Well sounds like Anthony Bloch (club sec) has been fired.. soon there will not be anything of Rovers to save.. :(
Interesting fact.. David Dunn is the name of the hero (played by Bruce Willis) in the movie Unbreakable.. A man who can't ever be hurt..

#370 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7044 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 21:42 PM

Voted for Kean to stay about half way through the season because I thought he'd drag us out of it. Never imagined us going down. I'll admit I was wrong. I still don't think the protests helped though and I'll always be adamant on that.

Your judgement is pretty awful really and you still haven't learned. Replaced
Kean when you and others were supporting him and we'd have stayed up.

#371 Baz

Baz

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3094 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 23:00 PM

Your judgement is pretty awful really and you still haven't learned. Replaced
Kean when you and others were supporting him and we'd have stayed up.

Kean will only be sacked when the owners want, pretty obvious they don't care a jot about the fans feelings in this. Whatever his opinion you can't blame dubdubdub that we got relegated.

Edited by Baz, 15 June 2012 - 23:01 PM.

'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

#372 Salgado Is A Hero

Salgado Is A Hero

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 23:54 PM

I wasn't a fan of the in-match protests as I saw them as detrimental to the team and I maintain that they played a part in our relegation.

But that is irrelevant. We would have been relegated anyway without a single protest. I'm more than 99% sure of that. Saying the protests played a part in our relegation is the same for me as blaming it on not getting a penalty in a game we lost when the score was at 0-0. We were relegated because we spent the whole of the season conceding on average more than 2 goals a game. Not many teams in world football would stay in a league whilst doing that.
He called me a rapist and a recluse. I'm not a recluse - Mike Tyson

#373 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7044 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 23:55 PM

Kean will only be sacked when the owners want, pretty obvious they don't care a jot about the fans feelings in this. Whatever his opinion you can't blame dubdubdub that we got relegated.

You're having a laugh aren't you? He's the one blaming fans for relegation not me.

I'm questioning his judgement. The main reason we got relegated is that we didn't sack the manager when it was obvious he was a lemon, that's if you hadn't realized that the season before of course.

Halfway through last season Dub still hadn't realized it and was supporting Venky's pursuit of oblivion. As I said, very poor judgement and still blaming the fans.

#374 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Are we targetting the right people, who is responsible for the championship the FA or Football league ? what involvement have the

Premiere league got now we are relegated ? :!:

We remain the Premier League's problem until the parachute payments end in four years' time.

The Premier League central fund will easily be Rovers' biggest source of income in the Championship

#375 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22714 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Because she's an owd evil hag like our owd hag.

**WARNING** grasses and babies alert..deedums..

#376 bypass06

bypass06

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

http://twitpic.com/9xdd10

Alan Nixon.

#377 T.J.Newton

T.J.Newton

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

http://twitpic.com/9xdd10

Alan Nixon.

Alan Nixon is just the ultimate football Troll, its not just our club he writes complete BS about.

#378 Baz

Baz

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3094 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Any guesses to who met the PL last week the day before Glenn n co? Potential new buyers? JA?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

#379 Clitherover

Clitherover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2630 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

Alan Nixon is just the ultimate football Troll, its not just our club he writes complete BS about.

He's about as credible as those so called ''ITKs'' you find on twitter. He's a hack who'll spout any sort of lies to fill a column in that rag he writes for.

#380 glen9mullan

glen9mullan

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2271 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

I remember telling Nixon about Dann n Yakubu the week before we signed them, and he said "Heads would seriously roll if this was true" I only gave him the news and he went wild.

He later quizzed me at the Radio Lancs event last year, of the in's and outs of those deals, but his nose was seriously put out that he was in the dark the last week of that window.
"Better to try and fail, than to never try at all"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.