BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

I wasn't a fan of the in-match protests as I saw them as detrimental to the team and I maintain that they played a part in our relegation.

But that is irrelevant. We would have been relegated anyway without a single protest. I'm more than 99% sure of that. Saying the protests played a part in our relegation is the same for me as blaming it on not getting a penalty in a game we lost when the score was at 0-0. We were relegated because we spent the whole of the season conceding on average more than 2 goals a game. Not many teams in world football would stay in a league whilst doing that.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean will only be sacked when the owners want, pretty obvious they don't care a jot about the fans feelings in this. Whatever his opinion you can't blame dubdubdub that we got relegated.

You're having a laugh aren't you? He's the one blaming fans for relegation not me.

I'm questioning his judgement. The main reason we got relegated is that we didn't sack the manager when it was obvious he was a lemon, that's if you hadn't realized that the season before of course.

Halfway through last season Dub still hadn't realized it and was supporting Venky's pursuit of oblivion. As I said, very poor judgement and still blaming the fans.

Are we targetting the right people, who is responsible for the championship the FA or Football league ? what involvement have the

Premiere league got now we are relegated ? :!:

We remain the Premier League's problem until the parachute payments end in four years' time.

The Premier League central fund will easily be Rovers' biggest source of income in the Championship

Alan Nixon is just the ultimate football Troll, its not just our club he writes complete BS about.

He's about as credible as those so called ''ITKs'' you find on twitter. He's a hack who'll spout any sort of lies to fill a column in that rag he writes for.

Alan Nixon is just the ultimate football Troll, its not just our club he writes complete BS about.

I remember telling Nixon about Dann n Yakubu the week before we signed them, and he said "Heads would seriously roll if this was true" I only gave him the news and he went wild.

He later quizzed me at the Radio Lancs event last year, of the in's and outs of those deals, but his nose was seriously put out that he was in the dark the last week of that window.

I'm not sure what that article is all about. It fills some space in a newspaper but it sure as hell isn't news. Desai is going to "take a break" is she Alan? How do you "take a break" from doing nothing? By doing something I'd have thought.

Beggars belief that The People pay for that "news" item. No mention of the lack of sales of season tickets, or the fact that they're not even on sale, no mention of the sacking of the club secretary and the continued destruction of BRFC. Just insipid waffle, "nothing to see here, all is normal at Blackburn, turn the page", is the real message. Now who would benefit from that?

I remember telling Nixon about Dann n Yakubu the week before we signed them, and he said "Heads would seriously roll if this was true" I only gave him the news and he went wild.

He later quizzed me at the Radio Lancs event last year, of the in's and outs of those deals, but his nose was seriously put out that he was in the dark the last week of that window.

Glen once again you and the guys keep up the good work.

Just one question. With the state of the club at present I imagine alot of players will have significant grievences when they return to pre-season training, with a number wanting to leave. Have you had any contact with the PFA? I know Gordon Taylor regularly goes to Rovers so he must have a very good idea of what is happening and and what the grapevine is saying.

Glen once again you and the guys keep up the good work.

Just one question. With the state of the club at present I imagine alot of players will have significant grievences when they return to pre-season training, with a number wanting to leave. Have you had any contact with the PFA? I know Gordon Taylor regularly goes to Rovers so he must have a very good idea of what is happening and and what the grapevine is saying.

Contact with Gordon is on-going buddy

Jack's in his 60s I think he's clocked up 30 years' service which isn't bad for a lad from Leytonstone, Essex. Met him couple of times and he would rather talk about Rovers than anything else. Struck me as a proper football fan because he was always a pessimist ! Basically, he's as Rovers daft as anyone.

I'm a lifelong BRFC fan. You probably are, my lad is, Fife is etc etc etc. No matter how keen you say he is Jack Straw isn't.

Odd thing with you Jim is that you rarely make a strong stand on an issue when you are factually incorrect.... except when it concerns politics when you repeatedly do.

On the Jack Straw front, his imput can not be underestimated, The Sports Minister was in awe of Jack, whilst the Premier League and Jack go back a long way <_<. His involvement and tenacity has been pivotal in opening many eyes, As a supporter of Rovers I will be forever indebted to him

On the Jack Straw front, his imput can not be underestimated, The Sports Minister was in awe of Jack, whilst the Premier League and Jack go back a long way <_<. His involvement and tenacity has been pivotal in opening many eyes, As a supporter of Rovers I will be forever indebted to him

To most politicians, when representing their constiuency, party politics is in the main irrelevant, they are excellent at getting apoint accross and more importantly, they seem to structure their arguments to get the best possible impact, I can imagine Jack Straw has been a real asset in the efforts of the Group!

As a diehard Rover, I imagine Jack Straw will have been mortified by events of the past 20 months. I remember meeting him in the promotion year under Souness and he was animated to say the least ! A good football man. Should be on the Rovers board if this lot had any sense.

Glen in all your meetings to date has anyone you have met(premier league etc) had any evidence themselves or did they have concerns of their own?

As a diehard Rover, I imagine Jack Straw will have been mortified by events of the past 20 months.

You've replaced 'lifelong' with 'diehard' I see. Nice to see that you have conceded to my opinion. ;) Straw's efforts of late are certainly to be applauded.

Just a pity that my suggestion for a parliamentary petition regarding foreign ownership of football clubs using BRFC as an example and in consultation with Jack / Graham Jones / Tim Fallon was never initiated. Last year saw a plethora of different suggestions for protest. A scattergun effect when a rifle would have been to greater effect. A full blown debate in the Commons would have been excellent and effective. As it is the fate of BRFC will imo instigate concern and hopefully bring in regulations and measures to avoid this happening again. Too late for us perhaps. Like Johnny Bosman everybody will benefit massively in future ..except us.

I'm a lifelong BRFC fan. You probably are, my lad is, Fife is etc etc etc. No matter how keen you say he is Jack Straw isn't.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here?

Why do you think it necessary to distinguish between lifelong and diehard in Jack Straw's case?

Are you having a pop at Jack, Jim or both?

Jack Straw's commitment to the club has long been evident.

And he is doing what he can to make our plight known.

Whilst the town of Blackburn has declined over the last 30 years, coinciding with Straw as local MP, I cannot fault his commitment to Rovers.

He used to have a season ticket with his children in the Blackburn End Upper during the mid to late 90's. Admirable for the fact he chose not to sit in the Jack walker upper central, where somebody of his status would ordinarily go. I have also seen him at numerous Rovers away games sat with the Rovers fans.

Glen in all your meetings to date has anyone you have met(premier league etc) had any evidence themselves or did they have concerns of their own?

The FA stated they would look at what we gave them at length, together with stuff they already have.

Archived