BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work you lot. Hope you get the rewards that you so richly deserve for taking the fight on.

The rewards so far as I am concerned will only be seeing our beloved club delivered from this nightmare of corruption and incompetence and put back on the footing of being the community's football club again.

Action Group Open Meeting.......https://www.facebook<br style="height: auto; font-size: medium; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Georgia, Times, serif; background-color: rgb(234, 239, 242); ">.com/events/31819652<br style="height: auto; font-size: medium; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Georgia, Times, serif; background-color: rgb(234, 239, 242); ">8263894/318211974929<br style="height: auto; font-size: medium; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Georgia, Times, serif; background-color: rgb(234, 239, 242); ">016/?comment_id=3182<br style="height: auto; font-size: medium; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Georgia, Times, serif; background-color: rgb(234, 239, 242); ">12864928927&notif_t=<br style="height: auto; font-size: medium; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Georgia, Times, serif; background-color: rgb(234, 239, 242); ">group_comment

What are the next steps? What can the sports minister do? What power does he have? Can they do anything? What time scale?

Many questions, which I think others will also want to know.

I am not sure of the role of a sports minister in a situation such as this, I feel that the meeting with the FA will be the more fruitful of the two, my hope is that some kind of court case will arise, where people have to answer questions honestly and an NDA cannot come into play, if a question is asked, it must be answered honestly, despite any NDA agreement, this is my hope!

And Perjury is a jailable offence so some people would have to be particularly careful!

While I'm glad the meetings are taking place and hope they bring closer what we all hope for, isn't it typical of Rovers' luck that they're going to be over-shadowed in most of the media by the news of the new Premier League contract? :angry2:

With regards to my question to Glen. As I am aware that I am blocked from both BRSIT and BRFC Action group sites. I am also aware of others who are also blocked - basically because they have either a different point of view or ways of doing things. It appears and I am happy to be corrected, that to be a member of BRFC action group, you have to also support BRSIT. I am not prepared to support BRSIT because I do not believe it is feasible.

wrong. you don't have to support.brsit to.be a member of the action group. also nobody is blocked from the action group website.

not sure why you wanna post mis-information again just for the sake of it

wrong. you don't have to support.brsit to.be a member of the action group. also nobody is blocked from the action group website.

In the past I've tried to register at the site in order to read the minutes, reports etc which Glen refers to. None of my efforts have been successful.

This week I tried again 3-4 times and also attempted password reset a few times. Despite receiving a message saying "you have been sent an e-mail etc." in response to my registration and password reset attempts I have not received any email from the site.

I reached the conclusion I am being blocked from the site presumably because I have questioned your past activities. There doesn't appear to be any "contact us" for help etc. so I feel quite reasonably BRAG has blocked me.

I'd also like to know when and where the public meeting is on June 24th as I cannot get past your home page. I would very much like to know what BRAG has published but as I'm unable to read this it does reinforce the view that continuing to limit the distribution of information raises a number if doubts for me. if people are not informed you can't be surprised if the lack of information raises suspicions.

PS like 47er I don't understand the difference between BRAG and BRFC Action Group. It appears both groups are run by the same people and Glen certainly used to refer to BRAG.

PS like 47er I don't understand the difference between BRAG and BRFC Action Group. It appears both groups are run by the same people and Glen certainly used to refer to BRAG.

This was discussed at length here: http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/27225-rovers-supporters-groups-and-communities-was-blackburn-united/page__view__findpost__p__1270477

There are negative connotations to BRAG and, although some media outlets have and still sometimes refer to BRFC Action Group as BRAG, there is a distinction.

There have been 3 groups in the past using the phrase action group:

BRFC Action Group - still exist and are doing some good stuff which hopefully has an end game to rid us of Venkys.

Blackburn Rovers Action Group - seemingly a, loosely labelled (hence the confusion), email distribution list (which I understand you were one of), set up by ITKers pre-Venkys to discuss potential buyers.*

BRAG - described as an extreme group by Glen M, who originally started doing the protests early on. I thought this was a group formed by Glen M but he assures us not.

* I could have sworn you told us this bit so I'm not quite sure how you missed the discussion previously. Perhaps it was due to the thread being split into two. The old one (deemed negative) which dropped down the boards (Originally titled "Blackburn United" but renamed by Glenn P) and an apparently more positive one called "Rovers groups to work together". It's difficult to escape the irony...

Sorry it is not mis-information. Tried following BRSIT on twitter for example - blocked. tried to register - blocked.

With regards to the BRFC action group, I respect the efforts. But as you have said you are supporting BRSIT - so by supporting the action group you must also support BRSIT. The two go hand in hand.

Anyway, on to these meetings. These need to be reported in India - this is essential. Not about what was said or not, but the fact they are taking place. Venkys know about them as they read this MB. But the media in India probale do not.

In the past I've tried to register at the site in order to read the minutes, reports etc which Glen refers to. None of my efforts have been successful.

This week I tried again 3-4 times and also attempted password reset a few times. Despite receiving a message saying "you have been sent an e-mail etc." in response to my registration and password reset attempts I have not received any email from the site.

I reached the conclusion I am being blocked from the site presumably because I have questioned your past activities. There doesn't appear to be any "contact us" for help etc. so I feel quite reasonably BRAG has blocked me.

I'd also like to know when and where the public meeting is on June 24th as I cannot get past your home page. I would very much like to know what BRAG has published but as I'm unable to read this it does reinforce the view that continuing to limit the distribution of information raises a number if doubts for me. if people are not informed you can't be surprised if the lack of information raises suspicions.

Comment #255

Not sure why anyone is having a problem registering on the site , no one is blocked from the website , and to be able to block anyone they would require we'd to be registered first anyway.

Please contact rob@brfcactiongroup.co.uk and he will look into it

The brfc action group has always been the groups name.", some refer to it as brag including the media but nevertheless it's not important .

Yesterday was a great result by the fact we got exactly what we went for. The sports minister took the party serious and will now seek answers from the fa , premier league about the whole mess at rovers. The boundaries of whose remit certain things fall under is a minefield which in it self is frustrating

Today we go to see the Fa at wembley as we submit the things which fall under their governance

Who is officially responsible for the championship league ? Are the FA or the football league responsible ? Are we targetting the

right people who are responsible and able to question the raos? :!:

But as you have said you are supporting BRSIT - so by supporting the action group you must also support BRSIT. The two go hand in hand.

You do not have to support Brsit to support the action group, we like every other supporters group have offered out support like we would to any credible bidder for our club.

Not sure why anyone is having a problem registering on the site , no one is blocked from the website , and to be able to block anyone they would require we'd to be registered first anyway.

Please contact rob@brfcactiongroup.co.uk and he will look into it

The brfc action group has always been the groups name.", some refer to it as brag including the media but nevertheless it's not important .

Yesterday was a great result by the fact we got exactly what we went for. The sports minister took the party serious and will now seek answers from the fa , premier league about the whole mess at rovers. The boundaries of whose remit certain things fall under is a minefield which in it self is frustrating

Today we go to see the Fa at wembley as we submit the things which fall under their governance

Congrats Glen to all of you and best of luck for future meetings.

Just to summarise and extrapolate then from your post:

There is no difference between the BRFC Action Group and Brag, no-one is banned or blocked from the website and anyone who said you were a member of Brag would not be slandering you!

Pafell-----what the hell are you on about?

Are we targetting the right people, who is responsible for the championship the FA or Football league ? what involvement have the

Premiere league got now we are relegated ? :!:

Good effort to everybody involved. Hopefully it's not a case of the wrong thing for the right reasons. Corruption certainly needs clearing out of football which given the financial sums and the vice like grip of assorted money men involved will be a monumental effort. On the other hand by 'outing' the shady motives of overseas owners are we not warning off potential rescuers? Heads they win, tails we lose?

Archived