BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

Glen/Mark where does scudamore go from here? Have you got another meeting arranged to discuss anything further or are the premier league just gonna do there homework over the next few weeks and get back to you?.......

Cheers for all the hard work you're putting in...keep it up

We are going to be keeping in direct contact with Scuadamore and his team, and assist in anyway we can. He has far bigger budgets than us and he will look into the area's which have been suggested.

For us now its on with the FA, Football league and Sports Minister

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are going to be keeping in direct contact with Scuadamore and his team, and assist in anyway we can. He has far bigger budgets than us and he will look into the area's which have been suggested.

For us now its on with the FA, Football league and Sports Minister

Don't forget to allow time to meet SEM...

or not maybe.

99% come to the same conclusion, he is a pathetic manager. 1% are dingles and they don't count.

I have spoken to a number of rival fans - including Dingles - and none can understand how Kean is still in a job. I think most fair minded footie supporters are on our side - as they know it could easily happen to their clubs.

I have spoken to a number of rival fans - including Dingles - and none can understand how Kean is still in a job. I think most fair minded footie supporters are on our side - as they know it could easily happen to their clubs.

And therein lies your problem, you need to speak to the real experts. How many slightly rotund, middle aged, sari wearing, indian chicken farmers did you consult?

Well done to the four of you for giving up your time. Hopefully there will be some follow on from whatever you presented to Richard Scudamore and his colleague. If that forces their hand then so be it, if it forces them to dig a bit deeper into the murky goings on at Ewood and Brockhall that can only work in our favour. If there was enough evidence of irregularities and shady dealings then the police may get involved and the law of the land will come into play.

Well done again and thanks for your remarkable efforts.

+1

Absolutely intriguing, whilst Venky's remain so very out of touch, navel gaze and try and get thier bird like brains around the simplest of footballing equations, by all accounts Jermone Anderson a football agent with no apparent ties to Blackburn Rovers football club is aware of the activities of a small group of fans on day trip to Sunny Doncaster.

How very odd and to suppose that a meeting (not widely reported outside East Lancs until after it had occured), between supporters concerned with the very odd behaviour thier owners and first team manager would contain reference to him and worse still for a solicitor to issue a letter with clearly little or no basis whatsoever in law.... sniff, sniff? Anyone else smelling the stench of panic?

Anyway completely seperate topic;

Hypothetically if an agent had been found to have breached premier league, FA or even FIFA rules - what would that mean? Don't agents operate under a licence scheme? If this licence were to be suspended, presumabaly this would end an agents career?

Bet Venky's media man just soiled his pants... only one man could make this sound like a positive.

That's why I am sure JA was happy when following on from his interview on SSN, it all went a little quiet. Clearly there were motives behind going on TV along with the 'tears'.

That's why I am sure JA was happy when following on from his interview on SSN, it all went a little quiet. Clearly there were motives behind going on TV along with the 'tears'.

There were motives in sending a solicitors letter instructing people meeting Scudamore, not to discuss their client, thats backfired badly on Anderson, in my opinion, you dont do things like that if you have nothing to hide, the net is closing!!

I think the important point in the meeting is we could name our sources, produce evidence and had a few different angles to put across the case.

The BRFC Action group has been putting a case together since its formation, and Scudamore's pen was very busy.

He was open and honest.

Add to that that Philip and his team have also been investigating other aspects whilst he also produced some pretty solid stuff, it meant we had all bases covered. None of the work put in by the team which went, was rebuffed, quite the opposite in fact.

Its important that the fine details of the meeting are kept under the radar for now, as that would jeapardise any progress the Premier League wishes to make regarding the whole before/during and after case at Blackburn Rovers.

Meetings with the FA and Football league are also being acclerated to allow us to present further information which is relevant to those particular bodies.

Great job Glen, nice to see Phillip involoved as well.

I suppose you can painstakingly build up a picture by reference to a set of events that shows a particular conclusion to be the most obvious one.

It can always be denied though and unproven.

So have we found the smoking gun?

Hope so!

Not sure if we need a definitive smoking gun, from a legal perspective it would be very difficult for Glen and co to get all the required information legally, we just need full investigations to start, imo Looking at 9-10 key points there has to be something dodgy in the background:

1 - Formica was owned by a third party (which was the reason the trasnfer was initially blocked), I doubt this third party just gave away the player for nothing so some cash had to of been given to them at some point.

2 - Rochina deal was iffy at best with JA admiting he cost about 2 million but his agent, not the selling club nor the player received the majority of these funds.

3 - JA/Kentaro/SEM worked for both the buyer and seller when it came to purchasing rovers, this is an obvious conflict of interests and would be very badly looked upon had it occured in any industry and a major grey area legally speaking.

4 - JA/Kentaro/SEM also advised the owners to hire one of their own people (firing one of the most experienced managers in the English game and hiring a 1st team coach to replace him) into a job that basically gave them control of player and staff purchases/sales/hiring/firing surely this is dodgy ground.

5 - JA says that they received no fees for hiring Rochina etc despite as he puts it 'living' at the training ground.. but his own son was hired on a 3 year contract which even at the low end for a premier league player was worth 100s of thousands, surely this is not legit and a way of receiving payment indirectly.

6 - JW letter clearly shows without a doubt that the board was bypassed and Kean/SEM had complete control to the point of being able to dictate financial transactions.

7 - Part of the fit and proper persons test is to show a plan exists for the clubs survival should they be relegated, obviously this plan was a fabrication judging by Venkys recent interview.

8 - SEMs own chap received a new contract despite taking the club from being a mid table team to near relegation snd seemingly has kept his job despite getting us relegated, costing us millions in failed transfers, a drink driving conviction and even being recorded making slanderous comments in a public place.

9 - I would guess the sales document would contain similar information to the report they had to file with the EPL for the fit and proper persons test, how much of that alone has turned out to be blatant lies.

10 - Various other transfers ranging from unknown brazilian 2nd division players thought to Olssons brother all seem slightly off in my opinion. And as for other changes in staff like releasing players, getting rid of the board of directors all seem so odd that they have to of come from some form of advice received by Venkys.

Can anyone imagine the uproar that would occur if say the government hired an advisor who still worked for/or owned say Dell to advise them on what computers to buy?

I would also love to know who acted on behalf of the club to negotiate severance packages, player sales, failed player purchases etc etc...

He did admit that rovers transfers were investigated late last year, had little choice really :glare: and a number of these were vetoed in addition to the Formica deal.

Think he was very surprised the angle we took, and the accuracy of things we knew and presented,

I imagine prior to the meeting he expected us to say we was upset that we had been relegated and our club is run terribly, I think Philips opening statement of we will accept conference football next season if it means our club is cleansed set the tone of an open and frank discussion.

Great job Glen, nice to see Phillip involoved as well.

Not sure if we need a definitive smoking gun, from a legal perspective it would be very difficult for Glen and co to get all the required information legally, we just need full investigations to start, imo Looking at 9-10 key points there has to be something dodgy in the background:

1 - Formica was owned by a third party (which was the reason the trasnfer was initially blocked), I doubt this third party just gave away the player for nothing so some cash had to of been given to them at some point.

2 - Rochina deal was iffy at best with JA admiting he cost about 2 million but his agent, not the selling club nor the player received the majority of these funds.

3 - JA/Kentaro/SEM worked for both the buyer and seller when it came to purchasing rovers, this is an obvious conflict of interests and would be very badly looked upon had it occured in any industry and a major grey area legally speaking.

4 - JA/Kentaro/SEM also advised the owners to hire one of their own people (firing one of the most experienced managers in the English game and hiring a 1st team coach to replace him) into a job that basically gave them control of player and staff purchases/sales/hiring/firing surely this is dodgy ground.

5 - JA says that they received no fees for hiring Rochina etc despite as he puts it 'living' at the training ground.. but his own son was hired on a 3 year contract which even at the low end for a premier league player was worth 100s of thousands, surely this is not legit and a way of receiving payment indirectly.

6 - JW letter clearly shows without a doubt that the board was bypassed and Kean/SEM had complete control to the point of being able to dictate financial transactions.

7 - Part of the fit and proper persons test is to show a plan exists for the clubs survival should they be relegated, obviously this plan was a fabrication judging by Venkys recent interview.

8 - SEMs own chap received a new contract despite taking the club from being a mid table team to near relegation snd seemingly has kept his job despite getting us relegated, costing us millions in failed transfers, a drink driving conviction and even being recorded making slanderous comments in a public place.

9 - I would guess the sales document would contain similar information to the report they had to file with the EPL for the fit and proper persons test, how much of that alone has turned out to be blatant lies.

10 - Various other transfers ranging from unknown brazilian 2nd division players thought to Olssons brother all seem slightly off in my opinion. And as for other changes in staff like releasing players, getting rid of the board of directors all seem so odd that they have to of come from some form of advice received by Venkys.

Can anyone imagine the uproar that would occur if say the government hired an advisor who still worked for/or owned say Dell to advise them on what computers to buy?

I would also love to know who acted on behalf of the club to negotiate severance packages, player sales, failed player purchases etc etc...

Great summary.

+1. As to the overall post, brilliantly stated. :tu:

As to the bold bit, it does create something of a cognitive dissonance that Venkys is currently "confused". Didn't they have a plan if this event (relegation) arose?

+1. As to the overall post, brilliantly stated. :tu:

As to the bold bit, it does create something of a cognitive dissonance that Venkys is currently "confused". Didn't they have a plan if this event (relegation) arose?

Stated in the press by a few people now.. "they did not know they could be relegated, thought it was a franchise like the indian cricket league" these quotes (different per individual) are from multiple sources who are quoting senior members of staff at Rovers.. so who came up with the fit and proper persons report if it had to include a section on relegation contingency plans?

He did admit that rovers transfers were investigated late last year, had little choice really :glare: and a number of these were vetoed in addition to the Formica deal.

Think he was very surprised the angle we took, and the accuracy of things we knew and presented,

I imagine prior to the meeting he expected us to say we was upset that we had been relegated and our club is run terribly, I think Philips opening statement of we will accept conference football next season if it means our club is cleansed set the tone of an open and frank discussion.

Given the stick Phillip has received by many on here it was a very bold but exceptional move on your part to include him, I know his background and he deserves and has earnt respect through his endevours in life beyond being a football fan.

Personally I would like to see a left field switch in tactics at this stage, and try and get SEM/JA/Kentaro investigated or at least the rules changed regarding football agents, I would presume that funds for allot of these deals had to be redirected especially given football funds are well monitored after recent events. A fee to a football agent like SEM is considered legit, what they then do with those funds however is NOT monitored by the FA.

Stated in the press by a few people now.. "they did not know they could be relegated, thought it was a franchise like the indian cricket league" these quotes (different per individual) are from multiple sources who are quoting senior members of staff at Rovers.. so who came up with the fit and proper persons report if it had to include a section on relegation contingency plans?

I think it indicates that Venky's simply signed their name to all the necessary documentation etc. with regard to Premier League compliance. Whoever was actually doing the work during the takeover clearly didn't pass on any details to the Indian idiots. It stretches credulity to believe that the Premier League had any sort of open dialogue with Venky's directly during the takeover process.

I hope we get sold and can start all over in the npower championship. If we were relegated to conference league or something like that we would lose alot of supporters and it will take ages before we are in the premier league again....maybe not in our lifetime......

Just wondering when the next meeting is? I really hope the group gets to go to town and back on them. This is just hideous. Best of luck.

I just hope they can persuade the football league to refuse our application to join

Yes, you're missing the point entirely.

As long as Scudamore takes this seriously and looks in depth at, and acts upon any evidence presented, then it has to be to the long term benefit of the club English football- points deductions or otherwise.

Foreign ownership has turned out to be a blight on the game. Icelanders screwed WHU over, City's position would be mightily different post Shiniwatra if they had not had the massive stroke of luck (currently) of being financially rescued by the Arabs. Lpool, Man Utd have borrowed insanely, BRFC and Brum were the new Pompey and Cardiff might easily be next. Scudamore has a massive job on his hands to juggle this lot safely.

I dont think it's a secret around here that I don't always agree with Philip, but I echo those who have said you have done well to get him on board. Philip is an intelligent and very professional guy who can get his point across well. Just the type of person you need to have in these types of meetings.

It was a good shout by somebody.

Indeed. A certain amount of gravitas is a must if the group is to receive a proper hearing and be taken seriously. Rather suprised one of our supportive MP's wasn't in attendance.

Does Nobody else suspect the real reason Scudamore & co. took this meeting was to find out exactly what Brag knows(or suspects) and what(if any!) real evidence they have, they told Mr. Mullen a freinds what they wanted to here but then simply passed on the info to the owners or more likely passed it onto Anderson&Co. so they can cover any traces they may have left behind, Scudamore clearly doesnt give a crap about brfc his recent comments have proved that, i think he just wants to help venkys&kentaro so to avoid any embaresment to the people that passed the owners as fit and proper and ok the sale.

Hope im wrong though and i do appreciate all the efforts of Brag+philip

Archived