BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

Due to the nature of this stuff I cannot post what it is on here as this would handicap progress . However I promise a full report when we open meet on the 24th June

Must admit this made me chuckle. But I'm an old cycnic :rover:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to update , Philip will be in the meeting , along with Mark fish , rob Crabtree, jack straw , jake berry, graham jones and I , the meeting will start at 2pm and it will be covered by sky, Bbc and itv

The aim of this meeting is to get the government to address how football is governed in England , we aim to at least get the league self regulated to ensure all it's members are regulated and held accountable throughout their affiliation . We will provide some evidence to Support our case

I will now confirm we ARE meeting with the FA tomorrow at their request following on from the stuff we provided to the premier league . Additional information has been obtained since this meeting and will be given to the FA tomorrow

We have made some massive progress in terms of individuals breaking ranks and providing testimony on some of the things which will be presented.

Due to the nature of this stuff I cannot post what it is on here as this would handicap progress . However I promise a full report when we open meet on the 24th June

Its so frustrating seeing whats happening to rovers and its inspiring to see a group whos only real bond is their love a football club banding together trying to save it.

Thanks to all involved, once this is all said and done you all deserve the thanks of all rovers supporters.

Just to update , Philip will be in the meeting , along with Mark fish , rob Crabtree, jack straw , jake berry, graham jones and I , the meeting will start at 2pm and it will be covered by sky, Bbc and itv

The aim of this meeting is to get the government to address how football is governed in England , we aim to at least get the league self regulated to ensure all it's members are regulated and held accountable throughout their affiliation . We will provide some evidence to Support our case

I will now confirm we ARE meeting with the FA tomorrow at their request following on from the stuff we provided to the premier league . Additional information has been obtained since this meeting and will be given to the FA tomorrow

We have made some massive progress in terms of individuals breaking ranks and providing testimony on some of the things which will be presented.

Great work.

I was told many years ago that to fight for what you believe is right is the most important issue, you must be commended here as right is definately on your (Our) side, may this be the beginning of ridding ouselves of the Vermin which has infiltrated our club!

At the end of the day it is fans like Glen who have got off their backside and mobilised a superb response against the malevalent forces who have taken over our great club. He will be remembered for his efforts and dedication once control is back with people with the club's best interests at heart. Keep up the good work Glen - all real supporters are fully behind you.

Absolutely spot on RP. I think what Glen has done over the tenure of the Vekys has been magnificent and at some cost to himself and his personal life as well. So once again please accept our grateful appreciation Glen; I had hoped we would be able to do something much more tangible than that and did try to get it arranged but sadly to no avail.

Well

I'm referring to your attitude over months, not just to your latest question which clearly carried a negative implication.

However, I admit to not following closely enough the distinction between BRAG and brfc action group.

What is it? :blush:

Well I'm still waiting for clarification. LT reports that Jack Straw and other politicians are meeting with BRAG today to discuss football club ownership with government officials.

Glen is leading the delegation but he isn't a member of BRAG and would feel slandered if we said he was? Have I got that right?

What or whom does he represent then?

I'm genuinely confused and looking to you Pafell to set me right.

No Abbey? :(

Well

I'm referring to your attitude over months, not just to your latest question which clearly carried a negative implication.

However, I admit to not following closely enough the distinction between BRAG and brfc action group.

What is it? :blush:

My attitude over the months - I said the protests would not move venkys or Kean. Sadly that is still the case. Only legal action either by the prem / FL, courts, will do anything. But without sufficient evidence of illegal activity we are stuck. But I do believe there is evidence out there. That is not being negative, but facing reality.

As to BRSIT, my views on this idea, is as nice an idea it is for the club to be owned by local supporters. I do not believe sufficient funds can be raised to first buy the club and then to provide funds afterwards. 20% ownership with an investor having the rest, maybe. again this is not being negative, but facing reality.

With regards to my question to Glen. As I am aware that I am blocked from both BRSIT and BRFC Action group sites. I am also aware of others who are also blocked - basically because they have either a different point of view or ways of doing things. It appears and I am happy to be corrected, that to be a member of BRFC action group, you have to also support BRSIT. I am not prepared to support BRSIT because I do not believe it is feasible.

On a positive note I support the work done in getting these meetings etc.

why?

Because the cynic in me thinks there is no evidence other than they have picked a crap manager, stuck with him and surrounded him by simpletons. Hardly enough to make any authority look up from their paper.

However I really hope there is such evidence of wrongdoing

I know this might be a stupid question but does anybody know what our so called owners make of these meetings?

Does anyone know what our owners think of anything, in fact, have our owners got the capability to think?

Jack Straw, Jake Berry and Graham Jones did an excellent job and raised most of the points the fans were going to raise any way. The fans' contribution was to underline and illustrate the issues our poor club is facing through this maladministration.

The Minister was receptive open and candid. Jack Straw is co-ordinating next steps.

I had feared it would have been a case of going through the motions at the meeting but I feel very real progress is continuing to be made.

The big news is if there are people out there in the UK and India hoping the fans' protest is simply going to expire from exhaustion or lack of impactful focus, their hopes are being totally frustrated.

• Backroom

Thanks for the update Philip and thanks again

Not always agreed with your opinions etc but appreciate anyone doing whatever they can to help

Jack Straw, Jake Berry and Graham Jones did an excellent job and raised most of the points the fans were going to raise any way. The fans' contribution was to underline and illustrate the issues our poor club is facing through this maladministration.

The Minister was receptive open and candid. Jack Straw is co-ordinating next steps.

I had feared it would have been a case of going through the motions at the meeting but I feel very real progress is continuing to be made.

The big news is if there are people out there in the UK and India hoping the fans' protest is simply going to expire from exhaustion or lack of impactful focus, their hopes are being totally frustrated.

The more 'Our' club and its unfortunate situation is being kept in the political/FA/Football Association's Plus Media's attention the better. It will make it harder for any miss dealings/bad handling that might happen in the future (not to mention might have happened in the past) not to get scrutinised. It is perhaps pretty uncomfortable for some to be under such close scrutiny-well done today and keep up the hard work.

Imperative for the future of this club that the above people are backed 100% by all supporters,sterling work Gentlemen....I would also like to say thank you and keep up the good work!

What are the next steps? What can the sports minister do? What power does he have? Can they do anything? What time scale?

Many questions, which I think others will also want to know.

Archived