BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

Good effort to everybody involved. Hopefully it's not a case of the wrong thing for the right reasons. Corruption certainly needs clearing out of football which given the financial sums and the vice like grip of assorted money men involved will be a monumental effort. On the other hand by 'outing' the shady motives of overseas owners are we not warning off potential rescuers? Heads they win, tails we lose?

It's a good point but it didn't put Nick Owen off buying Luton...?

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul, the meeting is on Sunday 24th June at 2.00pm - Longshaw Sports & Social Club Ltd, Bryan Street, Blackburn, BB2 3PH.

Damn cannot make the meeting as picking family up at airport at that time. Is there a way those who can't attend can still be notified of the outcome?

The people involved in this dererve all the credit in the world, however I think it's an ultimately futile exercise. The government didn't care about Portsmouth, Luton, Grimsby, Darlington, Gretna, Coventry, and even Chester City. Why BRFC?

If the government can't get the "football creditors must be paid in full" rule changed for bankruptcy administrations, why would it make the FA act? Our tin pot owners and 13 wins in 59 games manager have proven to be rubbish but it's not the government's mandate to fix.

Congrats Glen to all of you and best of luck for future meetings.

Just to summarise and extrapolate then from your post:

There is no difference between the BRFC Action Group and Brag, no-one is banned or blocked from the website and anyone who said you were a member of Brag would not be slandering you! You may want to check that - as I was accused of slander

Pafell-----what the hell are you on about?

If you learnt to read properly you would know what I am on about.

The people involved in this dererve all the credit in the world, however I think it's an ultimately futile exercise. The government didn't care about Portsmouth, Luton, Grimsby, Darlington, Gretna, Coventry, and even Chester City. Why BRFC?

Now is a great time for the government to get involved, plenty of cash involved, publicity galore and the power to make changes which win voters... after recent years events supporters all round the country are backing Rovers and gov move here would be very useful to them and us.

Glen and co have gone the right way about it starting at the low end and working up, the EPL have nothing to loose bar reputation (unless the gov step in) as we are no longer an EPL team, government covers the back bases in terms of corruption etc while being pushed to do something that may win them allot of votes (tricky ground but the EPL is now more popular than ever).. then the FA and the league guys.. perfect approach with each subsequent layer keeping an eye on those who have already been seen and trying to out do them, with each of the early layers having to follow up at the very least just in case things explode.

Are we targetting the right people, who is responsible for the championship the FA or Football league ? what involvement have thePremiere league got now we are relegated ? :!:

Good Point, why no replies!!

The premier league are involved because they are paying parachute payments for the next 2 (or is it 3?) seasons.

The premier league still have a massive responsibility towards rovers for the next 3 years. In turn anything which had contravened the rules under their watch becomes their issue

The fa again have rules this meeting had the people responsible for policing the rules and the agents present. Anything agent related falls directly under their remit

The football league in turn need to know what they are getting and will be meeting with the club prior to meeting us. They follow the prems suit but also have there own rules these are IMO a lot stricter than the premier leagues

The government directly can enforce anything they want in all 3 of these bodies if they see fit , and that is massively to our advantage

The reason we have had to meet all three is due to the different remits they govern

Today was a good meeting and everything given will be looked at, at length. Whilst they will also look at things they already have and see what if any rules have been broken. The fa say they have a zero tolerance on breaking of these rules and are keen to act swiftly and cleanly if what we have presented is prooved . The reason we cannot post the stuff or hand to the media is it will seriously handicap any investigation and lessen the chances of it being a desirable outcome for us.

We made it quite clear that dragging their feet would not be acceptable and we would go public unless we see them give this their immediate attention

There is only 3 people and the mps who have seen this complete dossier . There was many things discussed which had no supportive evidence , however the area's we have gone after all have plenty of documented evidence which IMO cannot be ignored

The premier league still have a massive responsibility towards rovers for the next 3 years. In turn anything which had contravened the rules under their watch becomes their issue

The fa again have rules this meeting had the people responsible for policing the rules and the agents present. Anything agent related falls directly under their remit

The football league in turn need to know what they are getting and will be meeting with the club prior to meeting us. They follow the prems suit but also have there own rules these are IMO a lot stricter than the premier leagues

The government directly can enforce anything they want in all 3 of these bodies if they see fit , and that is massively to our advantage

The reason we have had to meet all three is due to the different remits they govern

Today was a good meeting and everything given will be looked at, at length. Whilst they will also look at things they already have and see what if any rules have been broken. The fa say they have a zero tolerance on breaking of these rules and are keen to act swiftly and cleanly if what we have presented is prooved . The reason we cannot post the stuff or hand to the media is it will seriously handicap any investigation and lessen the chances of it being a desirable outcome for us.

We made it quite clear that dragging their feet would not be acceptable and we would go public unless we see them give this their immediate attention

There is only 3 people and the mps who have seen this complete dossier . There was many things discussed which had no supportive evidence , however the area's we have gone after all have plenty of documented evidence which IMO cannot be ignored

Did they say what they could do if they find that rules have been broken. Can they do anything against venkys?

I can also back this up as I was there at today's FA meeting and must congratulate Glen & the 2 members of BRAG.

They were very professional in what they have presented to the FA today they have said this must be acted on straight away.

I fully agree the specifics of the meeting could never be mentioned on any message board as

it will jeopardise a favourable result in the future and

unless stuff can be backed up with cast iron evidence lawyers will have a field day.

All I will say from this meeting I have learned a lot from this meeting and

anyone having a go and critcising Glen for trying to make a difference at least he is trying to do something about it instead of just sitting by and watching the destruction from the sidelines

and for all the work research and evidence he has collected he deserves an MBE because the work he has done for this is nothing short of amazing.

I do hope once I am settled in Blackburn it would give me great pleasure to be involved with the activities of the action group who I must say have been excellent in the face of such criticism from the gutter press! and I will say they are the ones who have conducted themselves with the greatest dignity.

RTWD!.

• Backroom

I think this is the only way we're going to get these parasites out of our club, so I hope things continue to go well and the relevant parties act accordingly. It will all rest on whether the authorities believe the evidence provided can be proven to show Venky's have broken the rules.

Archived