BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum meeting, plus new website

AndyNeil

• Backroom

It's just spite to complain about E cigarettes. They don't bother anybody and whoever complained is just trying to spoil other people's pleasure.

Incidentally I don't smoke at all myself.

My view precisely. In fact I think it's quite nice to get a random smell of strawberries for the E-cig in front halfway through the match.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I had presumed they were banned because it makes stewarding harder as it's hard at a glance to distinguish between someone smoking or vaping

Surprised to see its down to a complaint

I see that the non-smoking announcements are now including e-cigs. Looking at the Fans Forum minutes of 16th December it ssems that E-cigs have been banned because of the complaint of ONE fan.

Quote from Fans Forum Minutes - 'After a recent fan complaint it had been decided to ban the use of e-cigarettes in the ground. '

This seems massively draconian and over the top to take this decision without any wider consultation after only one complaint.

Could you please re-raise this at the next meeting as I am sure there will be at least a FEW HUNDRED E-cig users who are now being penalised because of a seemingly knee-jerk reaction to the complaint of one person about a perfectly legal activity?

Thanks

This is a ridiculous decision, another reason for people not to attend games, vaping is becoming a very popular way to

leave the fags for ever, for millions of people.

Some very 'small minded' folk running things down Ewood way it seems, who don't deserve custom !

From what I can remember they did mention the issue around people smoking a real cigarette and when challenged producing an e-cig.

But I will certainly pass on this feedback at the next meeting.

Also, they are looking at the practicalities of providing half-time smoking area's. It has been mentioned a few times but seemingly the issue is one of safety and ensuring the 'pens' could be easily collapsed in the event of an emergency and also to make sure fans can't move from one stand to another.

It would be interesting to get feedback from more fellow fans on the above issues.

It seems the weak willed addicts are united on this front. Just give it up fellas. Never mind the anti social aspect of poisoning someone elses air, never mind health issues, never mind the cost either, giving up will do so much for your self esteem and self respect that you wont believe it.

Go on. Find that mental strength.... you know you really want to. :tu:

My view precisely. In fact I think it's quite nice to get a random smell of strawberries for the E-cig in front halfway through the match.

Hey Mike I've watched just one match from the Darwen End but I think someone who was close to us smoked one of those. Dunno who it is but it appears they prefer 'last nights beer and Khyber' flavour to the strawberry version though! I believe they do them an 'eggy' version too. :(

Good decision in my opinion.

We don't know what harm the vapour does to others breathing it in first of all, and smokers seeing people with ecigs makes it hard for them not to smoke in the ground themselves.

Its only 90 minutes.

• Backroom

We don't know what harm the vapour does to others breathing it in first of all, and smokers seeing people with ecigs makes it hard for them not to smoke in the ground themselves.

Its only 90 minutes.

Ah, but what we don't know won't hurt us! ;)

Its only 90 minutes.

Spot on.

I must say having managed to get rid cigarettes out of Pubs I find it intensely annoying when someone starts using an e-cig.

At the end of the day e-cigs are only the latest money making wheeze for the manufacturers and distributors. If you're going to give up, give up altogether!

Its only 90 minutes.

Maybe they should breathalyse everyone at the turnstiles too.

We know alcohol is bad for you and it makes some people aggressive.

I'm really glad I grew in the 60s/70s when men were men and Ewood Park smelt of smoke and alcohol,

great days !

I'm really glad I grew in the 60s/70s when men were men and Ewood Park smelt of smoke and alcohol,

great days !

And the pee used to cascade down the concrete steps at the back of the Blackburn end

It seems the weak willed addicts are united on this front. Just give it up fellas. Never mind the anti social aspect of poisoning someone elses air, never mind health issues, never mind the cost either, giving up will do so much for your self esteem and self respect that you wont believe it.

Go on. Find that mental strength.... you know you really want to. :tu:

Have we caught you being all PC again Gordon ?

You really do need to 'live and let live man' !

And the pee used to cascade down the concrete steps at the back of the Blackburn end

Correct.

great days !

Alcohol doesn't kill the person sat next to you west Yorks, big difference.

A bit ICBINF but it's interesting that people think that e-cigs will stop people smoking. I've been amazed at the ads on TV which seem to be branding e-cigs in much the same way as normal cigarettes used to be.

Question too. Do we know for a fact that e-cigs are harmless to second hand smokers?

Just done a quick google: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/ecigarettes-safety-health-risks-electronic-cigarettes_n_4323231.html

Small minded it may be but I'm with Gav on this.

Yeah well, he did play the trumpet for years in very smokey nightclubs(very poor ventilation in those days)

I think they said the constant deep breaths he took put him more at risk.

I'm not trying to be holier than thou Yorks, just passing an opinion, probably on the wrong thread really, sorry FF.

I grew up on cheap aftershave and cigar smoke, Riverside Ewood Park, Boxing days throughout the 1970's, but times have changed and for the better in this case.

Yeah well, he did play the trumpet for years in very smokey nightclubs(very poor ventilation in those days)

I think they said the constant deep breaths he took put him more at risk.

Shame no-one told him that sooner but I guess people just assumed it was safe...

A bit ICBINF but it's interesting that people think that e-cigs will stop people smoking. I've been amazed at the ads on TV which seem to be branding e-cigs in much the same way as normal cigarettes used to be.

Question too. Do we know for a fact that e-cigs are harmless to second hand smokers?

Just done a quick google: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/ecigarettes-safety-health-risks-electronic-cigarettes_n_4323231.html

Small minded it may be but I'm with Gav on this.

Yes I've seen all sorts of articles about e-cigs.

But most medical professionals seem to think that nicotine has about the same effect on your body as caffeine does.

Therefore vaping is hardly likely to harm someone sitting next to you, any more than a cup of strong coffee.

Have we caught you being all PC again Gordon ?

You really do need to 'live and let live man' !

Quite the opposite WYR. That should surely be the message you direct at smokers and 'vapiders' not at people who have conquered a ruinous addiction.

Yes I've seen all sorts of articles about e-cigs.

But most medical professionals seem to think that nicotine has about the same effect on your body as caffeine does.

Therefore vaping is hardly likely to harm someone sitting next to you, any more than a cup of strong coffee.

It's annoying and the smoke stinks to anyone sitting next to a vaper. No doubt ones clothes will stink too. Rem when in a football ground and sitting in allocated seats one cannot move away. Your addiction is driving your argument, just toughen up and say no WYR.... you know it makes sense, and after a month or two you'll hardly miss it.

Quite the opposite WYR. That should surely be the message you direct at smokers and 'vapiders' not at people who have conquered a ruinous addiction.

I'ts all a question of tolerance 'old bean' !

I really find it hard to believe that you can smell them at all in an open stadium, almost odourless, especially

outdoors, I'm told.

You sound like a typical ex-smoker if you don't mind me saying so. :tu:

Archived