BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

Hahaha what a muppet

323059[/snapback]

Would say the same about the poster of that comment! wink.gif

Sav is the bigger man by admitting he was wrong to rush a decision like that! Somehow i think tosh won't have him back straight away!

323075[/snapback]

Is there any scenario where you don't automatically try to convince yourself and everyone else that the Rovers side of things isn't the correct side?

I can imagine your one of those types who tries to convince everyone that England will win every major competition before they start, then have some kind of conspiricy theory when they get knocked out.

You probably love Oasis too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any scenario where you don't automatically try to convince yourself and everyone else that the Rovers side of things isn't the correct side?

I can imagine your one of those types who tries to convince everyone that England will win every major competition before they start, then have some kind of conspiricy theory when they get knocked out.

You probably love Oasis too.

323762[/snapback]

The rovers side is the best side to be on!

Far from it, i have the feeling that england will slip up in every must win game. Portugal, Brazil, etc. But i do think that england will make it to the european championships and world cup and expect they should make it out of the group.

As greece and liverpool have proved any team can win a competition they are in!

tongue.gif and british sea power!

I do not agree that Savage is a waste of money. In a recent interview with the LET he was refreshingly honest about his time at Ewood thus far stating that he hasn't shown anything like his best form due to injury. He said that whilst obviously no Gerrard, Keane or Viera, he believes he is the best player of his type in the Premiership and compares favourably with anyone else. I expect him to show that next season.

Must say Savage is getting a lot of stick for one injury hit half season compared with the likes of Emerton and Neill who have been pretty abysmal for most of the last two campaigns.

323256[/snapback]

I will be happy to he can manage to stay on the pitch for long enough to show us what he is capable of.

He is (obviously) as much use as a chocolate tea-pot if he spends half his time sat in the stands suspended. Before anyone starts quoting how many times he has actually been sent off - he's been very lucky he has not been sent off more often than he has, imo.

tongue.gif and british sea power!

323790[/snapback]

Oh, Larsen B....

323862[/snapback]

....is a bit of a crap song, and I love BSP (see my signature). In fact, the second album is a bit of a stinker.

Better do something on topic too...£3 million is a waste, half that and we'd have a good signing. We're not a club who should be spending that kind of money on a player we'll see no return on unless he's several levels above the rest...and Sav isn't that, hence why his career has extended to the dizzy heights of Leicester and Birmingham.

Once the legs go he'll be useless, he doesn't have the brain to compensate.

....is a bit of a crap song, and I love BSP (see my signature).  In fact, the second album is a bit of a stinker.

Better do something on topic too...£3 million is a waste, half that and we'd have a good signing.  We're not a club who should be spending that kind of money on a player we'll see no return on unless he's several levels above the rest

323893[/snapback]

Looking at your audioscrobbler is the only reason i know they even exist! Thank you for bringing them into my playlist truly awesome music! May take a look at some of your other bands i haven't heard of tongue.gif

Think your being harsh on sav tongue.gif £3mil is a bit over the top but i guess its the price you pay for taking a "big" clubs best player! Sav rates himself as the best at what he does, which i spose is fair seeing as there is no player like quite like him!

Not my favourite player in his pre-rovers days but there was always an underlying respect for what he does! I just hope he can be as influential for us as he was for brumington and leicester. rover.gif

Edited by modes98

• 3 weeks later...

I think it`s already been mentioned, but Robbie was on the bizarrely titled Footballers Cribs last night on MTV(about ten times in fact). A couple of observations.

Firstly, if he was in my circle of friends, I would probably think he`s a tw@t.

Secondly, he lives in Cheshire according to the programme, very close to North Wales, thus bashing the `nearer to Mum and Dad` line used in the drawn out transfer saga.

Thirdly, his little boy, erm, Charlie, was asleep in his erm, Crib. But in his room was a tiny little Rovers shirt, and on the back was the number 31 abovewhich was the name `DADDY`. At which point I forgave him of all his taste/personalilty crimes.

Good on yer Robbie.

Probably got the idea from Brad, whose delightful little daughter has "Daddy 1" on her shirt.

Robbie didn't live in Cheshire when he played for Birmingham but I understand he has also since moved from the house that was filmed.

Edited by roversmum

I totally agree, John. A fully-fit Sav will be a very handy weapon for us. He can tackle, chase and pass well, and gives us another option from set pieces (especially as MGP is very good in the air and so could be useful in the box).

Roversmum, why have you put 'her' in bold?

I totally agree, John. A fully-fit Sav will be a very handy weapon for us. He can tackle, chase and pass well,

328494[/snapback]

I agree.

We haven't seen the best of Savage yet.

Never got a decent run of games together because of his groin. With a good pre-season under his belt, he will be good for us.

• 1 month later...

i agree that he is trying too hard!! He keeps sayin he wants to play the best football of his carrer for mark hughes! Why dosnt he just play like he did for the foxes and BC (great) for himself........... (Please don't use that word again) sparky, (Please don't use that word again) the fans ..........just play savvy..........no pressure

• 1 month later...
rover.gif the sooner he is suspended the better,if we win the game that he misses will sparky bring him back tinykit.gif

348857[/snapback]

What sort of comment is that?

And who do you propose we bring in to replace him? or have you seen one of your godly youth players who can do a better job

What sort of comment is that?

And who do you propose we bring in to replace him? or have you seen one of your godly youth players who can do a better job

348862[/snapback]

rover.gif my own personal stalker,savage is ###### is that a good enough comment for you,tugay and reid will do for me tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.