BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Ferguson is the modern-day Ewood equivalent of the Hans Christian Anderson's 'The Emporers New Clothes'. Some fans desperately attempt to allign themself with him because they believe it takes more insight than the normal fan possesses to understand the nature of a cultured player like Ferguson. Loads of tosh just like the original story. Ferguson has been consistently poor with only some redeeming performances since he got here.

couldn't agree more. Ferguson just isn't terribly good. He's not terribly bad either. But I think Savage will be 3x the player for us that BF was/is/whatever...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson is the modern-day Ewood equivalent of the Hans Christian Anderson's 'The Emporers New Clothes'. Some fans desperately attempt to allign themself with him because they believe it takes more insight than the normal fan possesses to understand the nature of a cultured player like Ferguson. Loads of tosh just like the original story. Ferguson has been consistently poor with only some redeeming performances since he got here.

couldn't agree more. Ferguson just isn't terribly good. He's not terribly bad either. But I think Savage will be 3x the player for us that BF was/is/whatever...

Ferguson is our best midfielder.

Savage is better in his job over the last eighteen months than Ferguson is in his job. Emerton has been better him this season, so has MGP and he has only been around a few games.

None of which is the point - the point - the point is that our captain in midfield wants out in the middle of a relegation battle and was willing to give up a hefty sum in loyalty bonuses by handing in a transfer fee to get it.

Shearer was our best striker = he wanted to leave as well. It happened, and it will with Fergie. Sooner than later if we are not to suffer more depreciation.

This move is as much a battle of wills between Hughes and Ferguson as it is between any other protagonists.

Sparky clearly believes in the ability of Ferguson and in his own ability to get the best out of the player.

I am sure he is adding to the resolve of the Rovers in getting the £6m for him knowing how difficult Ferguson would be to replace and also expecting that every £1 less paid by Rangers would be £1 less transfer budget when the next window opens.

In a face off between Ferguson and Hughes, I know where my money would go.

How? This isn't bitterness over him wanting to go - I don't expect loyalty from any player these days.

I'm even willing to be proved wrong because I haven't been to every game he's played. But I have seen him play 5 or 6 times in the flesh and the same again on TV and I can't remember a single game where he imposed himself.

When he turned up we thought we were getting a Viera/Gerrard, then it turned out he's not much of a tackler so that changed to 'he's a playmaker' but whilst I can think of many chances created by Emerton, Thompson and even MGP in recent weeks the clinical through balls or dangerous set-pieces from Ferguson seem to have slipped my mind.

Lily has been a top Premiership performer for 4 or 5 seasons and his impact will be much more than BF's. Savage can tackle and his set-pieces on Sat led to one goal and hit a post.

If he were to stay and perform, that would be preferrable to him leaving without a replacement?

If

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with triumph and disaster

And treat those two imposters just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Hell of a lot of ifs in there den but I bet Grampa Ferguson isn't going to be calling wee willy weepie Bazza a man for a while yet.

Him or his family homesick in bloody Lytham St bloody Annes? Shove it soft lad wee Bazza...

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Get the mincing Jock puff out the club asap.

You are sounding more like one of the more intellectually challenged members of this board all the time on this topic.

Don't give a toss MB. I can't stand the tosser now and just want him to leave. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to agree. He could go the training ground and shoot all the other players and you wouldn't agree.

From whats been said £5million is now on the table from rangers! I have no doubt they are testing us with a series of late small increase bids! We can hold out or go for it.

I think now, if we have a desire to bring in a striker we have to accept there offer and get our target(carew). We have to get a striker and i would be willing to let baz go £1mil cheap if we could do that!

Him or his family homesick in bloody Lytham St bloody Annes? Shove it soft lad wee Bazza...

And shove it soft lad wee Savage. Is the poor chap close enough to his family now?...

Hypocrite.

If you are suggesting that it is I who am the hypocrite then it is obvious you haven't read my posts on Savage. Indeed I even raised the point about his moving from Statford on-Avon to Cheshire not requiring a change of club at the same time as he could still make his way to Birmingham and that was...oooohhh...AFTER....he signed as a Rovers player. It isn't too hard to find the posts on there .

Either I have misunderstood your post for which I apologise or you are an ignorant twit.

Anyway please elucidate us on the "hypocrite" part...if you can.

Ah sod it...let's be honest. You haven't actually got it in you have you?

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Just had a scout arround the web. There has been no news since Williams' comments about 11 this morning.

The Rangers MBs are triply depressed:

- Bellamy going to Celtic

- concensus they have offered £4.5m at most for Ferguson

- realisation Ferguson will not be signing for them.

The only hopeful Gers are those deluding themselves that Rovers accepted Everton's £5m bid this morning when in fact it was rejected.

Too old...please no. Haven't we learnt that replacing players of a decent age with short term fixes never works. He doesn't even set the SPL alight, so can't see him being a big hit down here. If we can't find anyone then that is fine really, I'd much rather we sit tight and look for the right player come the summer than make a move now because either we are desperate to get rid of Ferguson or to sign a striker.

Very inconsistent and slow as hell,

Don't know that much about him, but the people on the messageboard appear to be fairly glum about it. They don't seem to rate him that much and are of the opinion that if that's the best they can offer the deal is as good as dead.

I suppose it depends how desperate we are for a striker now that time is running out, though.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.