Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blues Bar!

ABBEY

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom
I should imagine the likes of Aqueduct and abit more further a field like the Golden Cup will be open.

Mate of mine was in the Cup last night and he said they announced that the pub would be shut all day Tuesday

gutted big time now....just got my class one test date thru.....flaming tuesday afternoon,by the time i get home im gonna be on the last minute...need to cancell wed hangover day off now .....gutted.

streaky b ....if tescos or asda said to the shoppers without loyalty cards sorry mrs you cant shop this week were only open for card holders what would happen?its same so what if people spend 200 on using a bar in the darwen end,what about us who spend more than that week in week out...surely there must be a safe way thru the ground for the club members?

streaky b ....if tescos or asda said to the shoppers without loyalty cards sorry mrs you cant shop this week were only open for card holders what would happen?

Umm, would comment if this was in any way similar. Its just that I cant ever remember paying for any of my loyalty cards or actually expect anything for having one or being gauranteed any service levels. Loyalty cards are a money back scheme, so totally different to this.

And I am not saying the club is right in its actions, just that its totally understandable why its doing it and the fact that I would be mightily pis£ed off if I was a 500 club member and didnt get what i paid for (as would you be).

Its an academic argument, but my understanding was that the 500 club was a league match facility.

But I stand corrected if one of the resident members can correct me.

But Ive found a watering hole now, and I'll be staying drinking in there when Blues decides I am allowed back in.

As I said, I stand corrected if that is the case.

Still cant understand why the Darwen End Lounge cant be used. There are plenty of ways in.

But anyway its been decided by the club and communicated to those who could be arsed finding out and frankly there are bigger fish to fry.

econvincing my pals is another story...

It's about 20p a pint cheaper than the pub... how much more convincing would they need ??? tongue.gif

Starting to review my pre and post match plans.

They've upped the price of bottles from £1 to £1.20.

The cheek of it.

I work in B'burn town centre, was planning on meetin my brother who's making his way up from maidenhead at a pub in ewood does anybody know which (or if any) pubs are open in ewood? or am I better off planning to meet him in wetherspoons

• Backroom

It's about 20p a pint cheaper than the pub... how much more convincing would they need ??? tongue.gif

The cheek of it.

What?? at the Ewood Club???

(Didin't know you went in there Jason blink.gif )

The cheek of it.

Are they open on the day of the game?

Is beer on the ground still available? it may be the best option?

Yo really think they'll be able to cope if the pubs are closed close to the ground?

They can't cope at the best of times.

Doubt it will be the best option unless you get on early and get a couple of those pint and halvers

Is beer on the ground still available?  it may be the best option?

Yo really think they'll be able to cope if the pubs are closed close to the ground?

They can't cope at the best of times.

Doubt it will be the best option unless you get on early and get a couple of those pint and halvers

Ill have em lined up come 630!

• Backroom

The cheek of it.

Are they open on the day of the game?

it's a club so I suppose they will rely on the 'members only' bit..

Still, I'm not sure they ARE open (will have to check before Tuesday)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.