BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

How much agro is there between these 4 clubs? None of these fans are known for trouble

Jesus Christ

What planet are you on?

MU have got one of the biggest hooligan followings going -and there is no love lost between them and the Geordies - throw Arsenal into the pot and the Soul Crew (they where even knocking about when we played there) for whenever UTD go to Cardiff and you have one mighty boiling pot with us lot probably getting the steam from it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned but with all the traffic problems on the roads why don't the club lay on a few special trains. (Like the good old days)

Why dont you email the club with your idea and see what they say? Its worth a try

How much agro is there between these 4 clubs? None of these fans are known for trouble

Jesus Christ

What planet are you on?

MU have got one of the biggest hooligan followings going -and there is no love lost between them and the Geordies - throw Arsenal into the pot and the Soul Crew (they where even knocking about when we played there) for whenever UTD go to Cardiff and you have one mighty boiling pot with us lot probably getting the steam from it.

I still cant get over the fact that South Wales Police didnt realise this months and months and months ago.

I'm sure there are flights from Blackpool and Manchester. Not sure if they are with ryanair or bmibaby. I'm sure people on here have flown before.

Flights to Cardiff? Not from Blackpool matey!

Only Ryanair goes out of Blackpool, to London and Ireland ...

Not sure if this has been mentioned but with all  the traffic problems on the roads why don't the club lay on a few special trains. (Like the good old days)

Why dont you email the club with your idea and see what they say? Its worth a try

1864 Roverite /Uddersfelt Inc

I mailed StuW on this before he sent his mails

Stu - did you manage to include or get a response?

I think some rovers fans think the game is being played in Australia the way they are harping on about it

You wont get deep vein thrombosis going to Cardiff.

No, but you might get your head kicked in. Which I suppose is a slightly better option.

I can't believe this.

I'm travelling from the Shetland Isles to see the FA Cup Semi. By the time I get to Cardiff and back it will have been 1500-mile round trip. I logged onto the message boards today to get excited about the game, to see what fans views were on our chances, team selection and celebrations, only to find that a worrying number of people seem annoyed.

The facts are these:

1. We have to play on Saturday because of Newcastle's involvement in the UEFA Cup.

2. The game can either kick off at Noon or 5.15pm. It is NOT ALLOWED to show any part of a live match on TV between the hours of 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday, and of course the FA Cup Semi Finals will be televised. Games of this magnitude have never been played with an evening kick off owing to congestion/safety issues, and that has always been the case.

3. The Semi-Final being at Cardiff makes it a proper day out for the fans! How often have you been to Villa Park or Old Trafford? The venue makes the game even more special.

4. We will beat Arsenal.

Please stop complaining about the distance you have to travel, the money you have to pay or the lack of sleep you'll have to endure - This is an FA Cup Semi-Final!! Get excited, not annoyed.

Cheers,

Spence

Not sure if this has been mentioned but with all  the traffic problems on the roads why don't the club lay on a few special trains. (Like the good old days)

1864 Roverite /Uddersfelt Inc

I mailed StuW on this before he sent his mails

Stu - did you manage to include or get a response?

Not had anything back yet.

I can't believe this.

I'm travelling from the Shetland Isles to see the FA Cup Semi. By the time I get to Cardiff and back it will have been 1500-mile round trip. I logged onto the message boards today to get excited about the game, to see what fans views were on our chances, team selection and celebrations, only to find that a worrying number of people seem annoyed.

The facts are these:

1. We have to play on Saturday because of Newcastle's involvement in the UEFA Cup.

2. The game can either kick off at Noon or 5.15pm. It is NOT ALLOWED to show any part of a live match on TV between the hours of 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday, and of course the FA Cup Semi Finals will be televised. Games of this magnitude have never been played with an evening kick off owing to congestion/safety issues, and that has always been the case.

3. The Semi-Final being at Cardiff makes it a proper day out for the fans! How often have you been to Villa Park or Old Trafford? The venue makes the game even more special.

4. We will beat Arsenal.

Please stop complaining about the distance you have to travel, the money you have to pay or the lack of sleep you'll have to endure - This is an FA Cup Semi-Final!! Get excited, not annoyed.

Cheers,

Spence

whats annoyed people most is that the game was scheduled for a 5:15pm kick off which would have been great.

I bet everybody who went to Shrewsbury when we were bottom of the third division will be going.

They don't know how priviliged they are.

GET DOWN THERE !!!!!

Ah, Shrewsbury, memories memories.

Remember going there a couple of times. One particular occasion when we stopped off at Whitchurch on the way home and basically took the place over.

Happy days, but hey, you can't go back can you?

Success, who'd have it.

whats annoyed people most is that the game was scheduled for a 5:15pm kick off which would have been great.

It was never "scheduled" for a 5.15ko. That information might have been on the Millennium Stadium website prematurely, and just assumed by some owing to the Live BBC game kick off times this season.

--

Spence

I can't believe this.

The facts are these:

4. We will beat Arsenal.

Cheers,

Spence

Just a few things spencey7

How many times do you get to Ewood or other away games?

1. We have to play on Saturday because of Newcastle's involvement in the UEFA Cup - mmmm... thing there is a question against this in that Newcastle where already more than likely through - so why wait/ - Its because they wanted to show MU at prime time TV on Saturday.

2. 12-15 ko - There was absolutely no mention of this KO time before Monday - or at least not that I'm aware of

3. The Semi-Final being at Cardiff makes it a proper day out for the fans! - Can't disagree with that - but only when it is a proper kick off time and not when 4 sets of fans are clambering to be in the same place - now they have to set off at ridiculous times in comparison - possibly go around the houses to get there and probably spend more as a result - not enjoy it asmuch as they probably could do. In addition its at the same venue as the Final - and as such takes the glamour element away.

4. How often have you been to Villa Park or Old Trafford? Many a time BUT NEVER for a Semi Final.

5. We will beat Arsenal. - Here's hoping.

Don't think anybody is complaining about the distance in general really - just more so the enjoyment and 'normal cup atmosphere' being taken away from the fans. Personally, there is no reason whatsoever for the SF to be played in the Cardiff from a fans viewpoint (especially ours) regardless of tickets

Anyone remember the guy in the coracle, who used to paddle down the river to get the ball back?

Met him an a cricket tour to Shrewsbury.

He was a wizard spin bowler (used to play Minor Counties) and was also the groundsman at Shrewsbury FC.

He gave us a tour of Gay Meadow (didn't take long) and showed us the famous coracle that they kept in a cupboard under the stairs !

Not sure if they still have or what happened it. It must be worth a fortune as it is part of football folklore.

Probably got flogged on ebay.

It was never "scheduled" for a 5.15ko. That information might have been on the Millennium Stadium website prematurely, and just assumed by some owing to the Live BBC game kick off times this season.

--

Spence

It was. The millenium stadium had the game penned in for 5:15pm. Now why put false information on the website.

From what i know, its the police that have moved it. And the BBC may have also preferred dinner time kick off.

Which begs the question, if the city cant handle that many fans why have the semi finals there on consecutive days.

Now i was all for cardiff when i heard about it, but i`m not now we have a crappy kick off time, i`ll still be going mind.

Police don't want 140,000 fans leaving/arriving Cardiff on Saturday night.

But they won't be- as one game is on Saturday and one is on Sunday.

All the claptrap coming out is juts absolute garbage.

Its been know since last September that the SF would be at Cardiff and now they only tell us they are only just thinking about stuff like security and safety.

What utter TOSH!!

If its so important to stage them at Cardiff - have them on different weekends.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

How many times do you get to Ewood  or other away games?

1. We have to play on Saturday because of Newcastle's involvement in the UEFA Cup  - mmmm... thing there is a question against this in that Newcastle where already more than likely through - so why wait/ -  Its because they wanted to show MU at prime time TV on Saturday.

2. 12-15 ko - There was absolutely no mention of this KO time before Monday - or at least not that I'm aware of

3. The Semi-Final being at Cardiff makes it a proper day out for the fans! - Can't disagree with that - but only when it is a proper kick off time and not when 4 sets of fans are clambering to be in the same place - now they have to set off at ridiculous times in comparison - possibly go around the houses to get there and probably spend more as a result - not enjoy it asmuch as they probably could do. In addition its at the same venue as the Final  - and as such takes the glamour element away.

4. How often have you been to Villa Park or Old Trafford?  Many a time BUT NEVER for a Semi Final.

5. We will beat Arsenal. - Here's hoping.

I was at Ewood for every home game until December last year, and a few away games (at Southampton, Newcastle and Charlton).

1. It's a ridiculous point to say that "Newcastle were more than likely through" against Olympiakos. Stranger things have happened than teams overturning a 3-1 aggregate lead.

2. A 12:15 KO is most sensible owing to the congestion/safety concerns of the police. An evening kick off is impossible for those reasons, and the game can't be shown on television between 3pm and 5pm.

3. I completely disagree that having the Final at the same venue "takes the glamour element away". If anything it should make fans desparate to go back!

4. The Millennium Stadium is far superior to Villa Park or Old Trafford.

5. We will.

--

Spence

Edited by spencey7

1. It's a ridiculous point to say that "Newcastle were more than likely through" against Olympiakos. Stranger things have happened than teams overturning a 3-1 aggregate lead.

2. A 12:15 KO is most sensible owing to the congestion/safety concerns of the police. An evening kick off is impossible for those reasons, and the game can't be shown on television between 3pm and 5pm.

3. I completely disagree that having the Final at the same venue "takes the glamour element away". If anything it should make fans desparate to go back!

4. The Millennium Stadium is far superior to Villa Park or Old Trafford.

5. We will.

--

Spence

Expensive isn't it?

1. Therefore what point was there in waiting to decide who played when? - ans = because they wanted to show MU on the Saturday without doubt!

2. Simple - don't show it on TV - never used to.

3. As for most things thats a personal opinion - think you'll find most fans will disagree and players for that matter.

4. Not denying it is superior - the Final is superior to the Semi finals - see above.

5. Here' s hoping thumbs-up.gif

CK

--

Spence

Hmmm, who do I believe? Random bloke on website or a combination of FA publications, the Millenium Stadium website and the the FA's newsletter to associations of February 2005?