BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to afford the overpriced tickets. However I was still faced with the dilemma of whether to go or not due to my principles.

I know people who genuinely cannot afford to go simply because of the location and ticket price. On some salaries, the cost for the whole day could equate to more than half a week's take home pay.

In a way I hope there are lots of empty seats on both sides, just to send a two fingered salute to David Davies and his cronies in their ivory tower. mad.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if you looked at it like this:

Divide the cost over the period till we next get to a semi-final. Based on past hisory, that's 45 years. Hence a £45 ticket has cost £1 per year. Which is a bargain. Officially.

As a friend of mine is always sayng "if I was a Manure or Arsenal fan, I'd be peed off- or I'd save up and go to one out of three. However this is Rovers, and there's NO guarantee that the age home will be running a bus the next time we get there, so there's NOTHING that will keep me away this time"

Divide the cost over the period till we next get to a semi-final. Based on past hisory, that's 45 years. Hence a £45 ticket has cost £1 per year. Which is a bargain. Officially.

Not quite JAN - Its is a load of Bollux really

So if we get there next year and are charged £60 next year it will be alright then?

I have been to the ends of the earth watching Rovers , 4 days on a coach to Sweden, stood in the pouring rain and cold numerous times mid week, drove all day and night to wherever and back, been arrested , punched, abused , ejected, run into by a horse, been to court, spent a fortune etc following Rovers and would not have missed this for the world - YET I still had reservations - but I am going

Not everybody can afford to go or justify it anyway nowadays, regardless of who we are or how long it has been since we where last in a SF

waggy Posted on Apr 5 2005, 10:10 

well in that case burn em,i would not be dissapionted if the cheaper seats went on sale,because someone would benefit from these and the blues would have more support,but then i'm a guy who gives a beggar a quid

This I do agree with and its an absolute shambles completely and IMO shows just how much the FA think its for the fans - we are being conned so if people want to be continually ripped off then let them - some of us won't though and it would appear many others if ticket sales are to go by.

I still think we will take 20k + but my opinion is people are justified if they say they are not going.

Tony Diamond Inc Posted on Apr 5 2005, 10:10 

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to afford the overpriced tickets. However I was still faced with the dilemma of whether to go or not due to my principles.

Our martyr - and our Chauffeur - forget the Bristol Willy Wagon ... All aboard the Accy Love Bus laugh.gif

As a friend of mine is always sayng "if I was a Manure or Arsenal fan, I'd be peed off- or I'd save up and go to one out of three. However this is Rovers, and there's NO guarantee that the age home will be running a bus the next time we get there, so there's NOTHING that will keep me away this time"

Thats exactly how i looked at the U2 tickets....... £800 for something that comes along every 4 years.... £200 a year! bargain!

I'm a Rovers fan living away in Newcastle now and considering traveling to the semi. Can anyone tell me if the £25 tickets will be available tomorrow? £45 seems a bit steep as I'll have to take the other half and get her a ticket as well.

rover.gif well in that case burn em,i would not be dissapionted if the cheaper seats went on sale,because someone would benefit from these and the blues would have more support,but then i'm a guy who gives a beggar a quid tinykit.gif

Waggy, i'm not happy about paying £45 becasuse there are still £25 seats availible. If that was all that was left It wouldn't bother me as much.

I hope the £25 seats do go on sale as the more support the better the day, and i'm sure there are a lot of fans more deserving of a place in Cardiff than me who can not go due to cost. I'm lucky, i've not familyand a credit card, with some of my limit left biggrin.gif so i can afford to make sacifices to go.

As for only giving a quid, you tight git biggrin.gif

I'm a Rovers fan living away in Newcastle now and considering traveling to the semi. Can anyone tell me if the £25 tickets will be available tomorrow? £45 seems a bit steep as I'll have to take the other half and get her a ticket as well.

No. £45/£55 are the only ones left.

rover.gif i reckon you should ring the ticket office tell them you can only afford £25 and ask them to inform when they go on sale at that price tinykit.gif

Just tried that Waggy, I just had a call from the ticket office and was told that the only tickets they have left are the £45 ones. Just bought 5 of them.

rover.gif i'm sorry about that but i would have waited till tomorrow,or the next day,or the next ohmy.gif these £25 tickets are there tinykit.gif

The ticket office said yesterday that they were not going to be selling anything in the West Stand until all of the remaining £45 and £55's had sold out. She also said that they had been told they were unlikely to go on sale at all - so low is demand.

Just spoken to the ticket office- about 12/13000 tickets gone.

rover.gif i reckon 15k will be around the correct figure for our support at cardiff,brilliant showing,due to all the fans have to go through i rekon we have done fantastic,i am proud off you all tinykit.gif

Well- they called me to get the name of the other person I'm going to Cardiff with- despite sending me written confirmation in BOTH our names the other day!!!

I think they're in a bit of a tail spin

Just tried that Waggy, I just had a call from the ticket office and was told that the only tickets they have left are the £45 ones. Just bought 5 of them.

rover.gif i'm sorry about that but i would have waited till tomorrow,or the next day,or the next ohmy.gif these £25 tickets are there tinykit.gif

If the case is as Waggy says and the club is not doing anything todo something about it - then they are doing their damn hardest to alienate fans even more therefore increasing the limelihood of even more dwindling crowd numbers.

What was it again about the effect on the club after previous cup final ticket fiasco? sad.gifmad.gif

I just hope my gut feeling that tickets going on general sale will take us past the 20k mark.

On another issue, mentioned earlier in this thread regarding the reported initiative to offer visiting support cheap tickets. I am in the process of writing to John Williams in his role as a member of the Working Group on Attendances. I shall be urging JW to oppose this initiative. I will be pointing out I am sufficiently upset by the suggestion to consider this a reason for not re-newing my STs if, or when, the idea is implemented. I am not prepared to pay more for a seat than a visiting supporter. Should this initiative be implemented I regard it as the final insult from the PL towards any loyal supporter.

When Rovers played Leicester this season, their fans were charged £10 for Senior Tickets whereas Rovers fans were charged £12-£14 for the same + Young Adult S/T Holders.

Rovers realised their mistake but refused to change it.

Edited by Ben-2000