BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Yes I will want a ticket for the final, but that is Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup final and that is a different matter entirely. I'll gladly be shafted for that if I can get a ticket and it will be played at a sensible time.

Then I sincerely hope you don't get one. That's the best definition of a fairweather fan I've ever seen. "I'll go if it's where I want it to be, when I want it to be on and at the price I want, otherwise I'll just whine and say how good a supporter I am" Yeah, right.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel only option is to boycott the game.

I think you mean to say that you cannot be arsed to wake up early and pay a little extra

But no doubt you'll be one of those people trying to get the 18k Cup final tickets and take it from those who can be botherd to go for the semie

So if you are boycotting the game you won't be watching it on telly either then. Am I right.

Greed is killing this game . Is it any wonder people watch the game in the boozer ?

Balls to that. I'll be watching it in my living room and drinking home brew. That's how skint I am.

Well I'm too skint to afford Sky Sports. And my living room has skirting boards missing and needs a lick of paint.

Oh ######, is it not on BBC? I'll have to smuggle my home brew into the pub.

Yes it is a shambles but i can't help thinking that even if the West Stand would have been opened up we'd only sell maybe 2,000 more maximum because of the extra cheaper tickets. Whether we sell 16,000 or 18,000 it will still be regarded as poor.

I have emailed the FA 12 times and although the message has been read on each occasion they have failed to respond.

Every newspaper I have emaile dhave also failed to take onboard the decision to hold this match at Cardiff.

It appears the FA have got their way, no protests, no answers that defy logic and its all their fault tinykit.gif

I have just done a quick count of people in our group and circle of friends who are season ticket holders and the numbers of wives/children who they would take on the trip to Cardiff.

Kick off 3 or 4 o clock = 28 adults kids wives etc

Kick off 12-15 = 11 adults kids wives etc

16 of these adults kids wives etc are season ticket holders.

Not good reading !!!!!!!

Update from above post 3 definite 4 yet to decide, as the 4 consists of 1 adult and 3 full paying 11 year old it don't look good

Feel only option is to boycott the game.

I think you mean to say that you cannot be arsed to wake up early and pay a little extra

But no doubt you'll be one of those people trying to get the 18k Cup final tickets and take it from those who can be botherd to go for the semie

Well I don't expect to be able to get through BRFC channels if I don't go to the semi, but I will still try any other means at my disposal. Not really affecting those that do go that way am I.

So if you are boycotting the game you won't be watching it on telly either then. Am I right.

No I just won't be attending the fixture, of course I'll be watching the game, it is not about not watching the game, it is about no lining the FA's greedy pockets and consenting to what they are doing.

Then I sincerely hope you don't get one. That's the best definition of a fairweather fan I've ever seen. "I'll go if it's where I want it to be, when I want it to be on and at the price I want, otherwise I'll just whine and say how good a supporter I am" Yeah, right.

No Jan, I'll go when & where it is reasonable and I've reached breaking point.

I have emailed the FA 12 times and although the message has been read on each occasion they have failed to respond.

Every newspaper I have emaile dhave also failed to take onboard the decision to hold this match at Cardiff.

It appears the FA have got their way, no protests, no answers that defy logic and its all their fault tinykit.gif

Check out the "customer charter" links on the FA - they emailed pretty quickly back. Either that or steve clark is the competitions manager - fa email addresses are pretty easy to work out!

BREAKING POINT! Chance of 3rd major trophy in 10 years.

I am one of the few Board members who went in 1960 and

would not miss this for the world.

Presume all the people with the lame and lazy excuses wil

be spending £50 on Friday night on booze.Hope you can

make it this saturday(3pm) or is there a grumpy argument

for not attending this match. I was not happy with the old

3rd Division.PERIOD.

OK, I'm annoyed at the kick off time but I'm going to make the most of the occation. It's games like these that makes following the team wothwhile, after all the unattractive games weve had to endure in the last two seasons, We have to be greatful for being involed in such an event.

If you dont make the most of occations like this, then you might as well not bother at all. There again thats what a lot of the glory day supporters have done, I suspect they will all come out of the woodwork should we get to the final and then complain that they cant get a ticket.

There are supporters up and down the country who would give their right arm to watch their team in the FA Cup semi final, yet a vast majority of so called Rovers supporters can only find some excuse to complain about it.

Im sorry to say but reading some of the posts of late has been very depressing. If your not happy about the venue or kick off times then do something to protest, but for pete sake stop complaining about the club its the FA who organized the event.

BREAKING POINT! Chance of 3rd major trophy in 10 years.

I am one of the few Board members who went in 1960 and

would not miss this for the world.

Presume all the people with the lame and lazy excuses wil

be spending £50 on Friday night on booze.Hope you can

make it this saturday(3pm) or is there a grumpy argument

for not attending this match. I was not happy with the old

3rd Division.PERIOD.

" I am one of the few Board members who went in 1960 and

would not miss this for the world. "

Probably paid of your mortgage and car loan etc. Kids left home aswell.

Easy to say with disposable income.

OK, I'm annoyed at the kick off time but I'm going to make the most of the occation. It's games like these that makes following the team wothwhile, after all the unattractive games weve had to endure in the last two seasons, We have to be greatful for being involed in such an event.

That is exactly how I feel - I was furious at first - letters fired off n all directions - of the 5 sent only Tom Finn at Rovers had the courtesy to reply.

I booked the tickets, and hotels in Bristol - then found out about the lack of trains, so sorted the bus out for everyone!

Come hell or high water Ill get to that match, and Ill enjoy it.

And for anyone that hasnt met (or heard) me - It appears I will have blue and white hair that day!

There's no point in rounding on those who are not going to the game for whatever reason, in my book.

The fact that the organisation and pricing of this game, which should ordinarily be de rigeur even for fairweather fans, has put off even elements of the hardcore Rovers support is a massive indictment of the FA, NOT the fans themselves.

If you're going to the match, as am I, just be grateful you can and not so hung up over those Rovers fans who don't make it to Cardiff for the semi-final.

Incidentally, Arsenal do have a larger fanbase than Rovers - don't be troubled or surprised when we are outnumbered in the stadium, just sing all the louder wink.gif

I most certainly agree that no Rovers fan should be vilified for missing this match.

I think a lot of die hard Rovers fans are in a dilemna. They want to protest but also want to go to the game.

Yes its our first appearance in an FA Cup semi for 45 years but thats not an excuse for the Club or its fans to be messed around on the basis of TV schedules or profit.

In the end its an individual decision to make the trip or not, just as it was for the earlier rounds.

Well I seem to be the only one who wants to actually speak about something else than negative things. Glenn was the lone soul who replied when I asked who will be around cardiff city center on the Friday night before the game - surely he cant be the only one?

I want another "Ankara experience" were loads of Rovers fans were sitting in a pub on the night before and the night after the game, getting drunk and singing Rovers songs into the small hours. The two nights in Ankara were some of the best memories I have got with the Rovers (the game in itself was a major let down) and I feel this can be another one if people who have bought tickets stop whining and starts to look forward to the first FA-CUP semi final we've been in for 45 years!

My supportersclub have arranged a trip for the Norwegian Rovers fans and there will be more than 30 of us at the Millenium stadium. We are all very much looking forward to a great friday night and beating Arsenal on Saturday afternoon. I hope we are not the only ones!

Let's try to "all" meet up in Cardiff and make this a magnificent weekend!

Bjarte

It's about time we put a positive spin on this thread :-

1) It will be the largest non-final Rovers following to a game since the early 60's.

2) Leicester City brought 7200 (not all the allocation) to Ewood in the last round. A one club city over twice the size of Blackburn brought half the following at half the price at half the travelling time at a half decent KO time .... and their fans were considered fantastic!!!!

3) The 'daytrippers' wont be there to dilute the atmosphere.

4) No Rovers fan in his right mind thinks we will get anything from this game .... and yet we are still taking more than Burnley's average home attendance over 200 miles at THOSE prices.

It's about time we put a positive spin on this thread :-

1) It will be the largest non-final Rovers following to a game since the early 60's.

2) Leicester City brought 7200 (not all the allocation) to Ewood in the last round. A one club city over twice the size of Blackburn brought half the following at half the price at half the travelling time at a half decent KO time .... and their fans were considered fantastic!!!!

3) The 'daytrippers' wont be there to dilute the atmosphere.

4) No Rovers fan in his right mind thinks we will get anything from this game .... and yet we are still taking more than Burnley's average home attendance over 200 miles at THOSE prices.

OK you've convinced me. I'm on the phone to the ticket office in the morning.

Thats another 4 of us.

Well I seem to be the only one who wants to actually speak about something else than negative things. Glenn was the lone soul who replied when I asked who will be around cardiff city center on the Friday night before the game - surely he cant be the only one?

I want another "Ankara experience" were loads of Rovers fans were sitting in a pub on the night before and the night after the game, getting drunk and singing Rovers songs into the small hours. The two nights in Ankara were some of the best memories I have got with the Rovers (the game in itself was a major let down) and I feel this can be another one if people who have bought tickets stop whining and starts to look forward to the first FA-CUP semi final we've been in for 45 years!

My supportersclub have arranged a trip for the Norwegian Rovers fans and there will be more than 30 of us at the Millenium stadium. We are all very much looking forward to a great friday night and beating Arsenal on Saturday afternoon. I hope we are not the only ones!

Let's try to "all" meet up in Cardiff and make this a magnificent weekend!

Bjarte

Penny, it seems we are all out in Bristol the night before - but we have two hours or so after the match in Cardiff to celebrate our final appearance or commiserate our defeat.[/size=1] Not sure where the pub plans will take us.....

Well, in all this "going" "not going" discussion I'd just like to add my two cents in a kind of Kent Brockman kind of way.

The FA is taking the ###### and trying to extract as much money out of us as possible*. And the other three teams.

£45 for a seat is ruiniously expensive for a lot of people.

An overnight stay adds on to the cost.

The early KO is really inconvenient for many.

It's Arsenal and we're going to get beaten anyway.

A semi-final? What the hell is a semi-final worth? Going to a final is worth a charabang ride somewhere special, but a semi is worth doodle-squat. It's all been blown up out of all proportion just like "Tonight's exciting clash between Portsmouth and Fulham, which promises to be an absolute cracker." Or similar @#/?.

We are all being suckered into buying into some big event that really isn't. Our first semi-final for "42 years" or whatever. Who cares? Will it be our second semi-final for 42 years that we have lost? Do we get a trophy? Does anyone remember any team that lost an FA Cup semi 10 years ago? Does this "achievement" get celebrated anywhere?"

It's all a bag of overblown @#/?.

I can't afford £45 for a ticket for a game of football. We need a new kitchen door, the bloody roof has started leaking, the house needs decorating, the car has just had a new gearbox, the car tax is due, the house insurance needs renewing, we need money to send the daughter to a netball tournament, need I go on?

So don't start on those who say they cannot afford to go. They have my full support.

* Just wait until the new Wembly opens and there is a 20 year agreement that all semis will be played there. The prawn sanwich brigade will be in their element as they watch the match listening to Vivaldi as a few rain-soaked, impoverished miserables cheer on their teams from north of Watford.

"Ooh I say Quentin, the supporters of the team in red are really giving their all."

"Gosh, yes Tarquin, and those fans in blue are trying their best too. Another canape, and would you like a top-up of this crisp white?"

I'm going to Cardiff for the semi. If I stick my little finger in my left ear and wiggle it about I can see my fingernail coming out of my right ear.

thats the problem with football nowadays. everyone from the fans to the manager to the player are in for the money. mad.gif

THIS ISFOR ENGLISH ROVERS FANS: money shouldnt be anything unless your desprate. it should be the passion for the club that drives you. mad.gif