SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you find it affordable Mr Brent - I'm sure there are plent of Rovers fans that can't justify spending 70 quid per head on a single game, even if it is a cup semi-final. I'm sure that these same people won't be swilling the beer back in the Postal Order Saturday either !

I can afford it & I will be there - but I'm not arrogant enough to assume that just because I can, everyone can.

12,000 so far according to LET. Cant see more than 15,000 going.

Scoreline - we will lose 2-0, I really cant see us scoring. We have become (hard to say, really is) the..... Burnley of the Premiership...... there I said it!!!!

no offence mate but...

you are a PRICK!

There ya go, best ever post on this forum ever. tongue.gif

GreggyK, please check the site guidelines as there are no personal insults allowed.

I've had 3 complaints from Pricks who dont want comparing to DMF.

would one be yourself? laugh.gif

Hi

I live in Denmark and rarely gets the chance to see Rovers. However I'll be in London next weekend and I'd love to go to the game.

I could use some pointers on how to get there. What is the best way to get from London to Cardiff in time for the game? How much time should I count on for delays, getting into a stadium and so on?

I'm not used to travelling in England and I'm pretty much a big-game-virgin, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I live in Denmark and rarely gets the chance to see Rovers. However I'll be in London next weekend and I'd love to go to the game.

I could use some pointers on how to get there. What is the best way to get from London to Cardiff in time for the game? How much time should I count on for delays, getting into a stadium and so on?

I'm not used to travelling in England and I'm pretty much a big-game-virgin, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There are some trains across but due to the line being closed you need to be careful that they are running!

The train is supposed to take around 2 1/2 hours from London but if you check at www.national-rail.co.uk - once you get to Cardiff Central station the stadium is literally 5 minutes away, you cant miss it!

Can I explode a few myths that are doing the rounds on various websites.

Firstly, Rovers fans have tickets in the BT Stand East and the North Stand, the capactity for these two areas is 20,000.

All £25 and £35 tickets for these areas have been sold.

As we have sold nowhere near 20000 tickets, it is almost certain that the West Stand area will not be available for Rovers to sell to fans and will be empty.

Indeed, if Arsenal get a rush on tickets, they could ask the FA for those seats.

Had we been playing Man Utd or Newcastle, they'd have almost certainly been snapped up by the other club.

rover.gif yes but do rovers have £25 and £35 tickets in there possesion tinykit.gif

And for the three hundreth time, it isnt relevant - and they have probably been sent back with a copy of John Williams latest interview and a note that says "stupid kick off, stupid venue"

The club can ONLY sell the tickets in the order specified by the FA, its rule 26 b of the challenge cup rules.

Sorry Stuw - I think it is

To me the club must have been aware of this before the tickets went on sale but the information was lacking in it numbers re 'limited tickets'

Yet again they have been very quiet on the subject - whether they could have done something or not about is another thing which I think you are trying to say.

It's like going into a shop for a new tv and there are two on the shelf - 1 at say £100 the other at £150 - the one at £100 has a damaged box (ie nothing at all wrong with the TV) but they will not sell it to you until the other one is sold - would you then buy the £150 TV?

About time people stopped sticking up for the stayaway 'fans'. The fact of the matter is this town doesn't deserve a premiership club

No what the town doesn't need is comments like that from people like you

And for the three hundreth time, it isnt relevant - and they have probably been sent back with a copy of John Williams latest interview and a note that says "stupid kick off, stupid venue"

The club can ONLY sell the tickets in the order specified by the FA, its rule 26 b  of the challenge cup rules.

Sorry Stuw - I think it is

To me the club must have been aware of this before the tickets went on sale but the information was lacking in it numbers re 'limited tickets'

Yet again they have been very quiet on the subject - whether they could have done something or not about is another thing which I think you are trying to say.

It's like going into a shop for a new tv and there are two on the shelf - 1 at say £100 the other at £150 - the one at £100 has a damaged box (ie nothing at all wrong with the TV) but they will not sell it to you until the other one is sold - would you then buy the £150 TV?

Stu, we disagree, I think the club did OK (Not well, Not badly) the pictures on the ticket info sheet clearly showed that those tickets were very limited. I cant remember but I also think the text said limited as well.

Whilst they could have released the actual number of those tickets I dont think that would have helped for a few reasons.

1 - They probably wouldnt have been told by the FA in time to get the info sheets produced in time for the game

2 - The tickets have to be sold in a certain order, so saying "2000 £25 in total" would be no use if we only had 1200 in the stands goign on sale.

3 - And knowing there were only 2000 of them - how would that have made a difference?

Edited by stuwilky

Am I the only person here who doesn't measure his manhood by the size of crowd we have?

I honestly coudln't care less whether there's 25,000 or 25 at Cardiff, I will be there, so will most of the people on this board and I promise you I'm going to have as much fun as I've had a game in years!

8 days to go...

rover.gif just booking the trian,going friday back saturday tea-time leave manchester at 5.50pm arrive cardiff 9.00pm,coming back 5.30pm arrive back in manny at 9.00pm.

£344.05 for 13 a bloody result at last tinykit.gif

rover.gif i do'nt give two hootts how many times were out numbered,we were out numbered 40/1 at old trafford on saturday and made ourselve heard.

i am sorted,tickets-trian-hotel all for £210 for me and junior,bring it on tinykit.gif