SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of attitude is, its Arsenal and were going to get beaten anyway.

I despair with attitudes like that, no wonder you live under a tin roof Colin, but the rest of your statement i totally agree with.

(Does (black) Jack Straw cling to power with weak constituents like the moaners on here ?.)

Having paid £90 for me and my daughter, it wasnt easy shelling out that kind of money for what Colin describes as a bag of over blown shyte - a semi final but i have, and i will be there enojoying Friday evening in Cardiff with a bunch of Norwegians. Norwegian blues how times change, thought it might have been Whalley range blues or Audley blues - no. its Norway blues - good on them .

What the semi final does do though, is it represents an excellent opportunity with 90 minutes of live TV broadcasting for those at Cardiff to show their dissaproval of the English Football Association through voice or banners.

So its Stand up if you dislike the FA, and the uncommited whinging moaners in our community.

Let the sterilisation process begin to eradicate their gene pool from our shores those useless whinging @#/?s.

Colin, that's the best post on this thread- simple!

It's one of the best posts on this board ever.

Agreed bar the bit about it being Arsenal and we will get beat anyway - I am always pessimistic about Rovers but always expect a win even though I don't believe it.

JAL Posted on Apr 6 2005, 09:56 

and the uncommited whinging moaners in our community.

Let the sterilisation process begin to eradicate their gene pool from our shores those useless whinging @#/?s. 

Don't know what you are meaning there JAL, but if its against fellow Rovers fans IMO you are bang out of order - as some of those not going are of the committed people who where around and followed the club through the 'dark days' of old and where as committed as you can get , and not just for some over glorified SF that has now had its 'special' occasion taken away from it as well as impacting on the glamour and uniquity of the final.

What Colin is getting at is that the semi finals are being built up by the FA as if they were the Final.

OK I don't believe they should be devalued but equally they are only semi's at the end of the day.

As for whingeing, well if people can't express their views freely on this forum then its not worth having.

Great post Colin.

People, what Colin is tring to say regards Arsenal is just what we are all thinking. We have just lost to their reserves and now we have to face Henry and co. We all hope to win but how many of us actually expect to win?

Won`t stop me from going though.

Can I explode a few myths that are doing the rounds on various websites.

Firstly, Rovers fans have tickets in the BT Stand East and the North Stand, the capactity for these two areas is 20,000.

All £25 and £35 tickets for these areas have been sold.

As we have sold nowhere near 20000 tickets, it is almost certain that the West Stand area will not be available for Rovers to sell to fans and will be empty.

Indeed, if Arsenal get a rush on tickets, they could ask the FA for those seats.

Had we been playing Man Utd or Newcastle, they'd have almost certainly been snapped up by the other club.

Firstly, Rovers fans have tickets in the BT Stand East and the North Stand, the capactity for these two areas is 20,000.

As we have sold nowhere near 20000 tickets, it is almost certain that the West Stand area will not be available for Rovers to sell to fans and will be empty.

Indeed, if Arsenal get a rush on tickets, they could ask the FA for those seats.

Had we been playing Man Utd or Newcastle, they'd have almost certainly been snapped up by the other club.

rover.gif yes but do rovers have £25 and £35 tickets in there possesion tinykit.gif

Lee

Thanks for the update...All round very disappointing, especially as days like cup semi finals come around once a lifetime and we live for these occasions....

OUT of interest

DO you think the club can do more or are planning to do more over the coming week to drum up sales?...

You may ask what can they do? I dont know but with all the negativity we need a week of positive press and publicity...

Front page of LET - First semi for 40 years - tickets on general sale...Support your team...

Lets think out of the BOX

Take the ticket office mobile - 1 day in Blackburn, 1 day in Clitheroe, 1 day in Accy, 1 day in Great Harwood go to the people...

WE NEED TO CONVINCE THE SUPPORTERS THIS IS ONCE IN A LIFETIME AND THEY ARE MISSING OUT

Views?

rover.gif yes but do rovers have £25 and £35 tickets in there possesion tinykit.gif

how annoying can you be, really how annoying.....

as he said they do have the tickets but cannot sell in them areas, simple

Yeh and maybe if there were more concessionary tickets available people would be more inclined to take their families along. Instead most of us have had to think very carefully before we shell out £45 or £55 for little Johnny to come with us.

I am going to this game (with little Johnny) because I may not see us in another semi in my lifetime but that doesnt mean I have to bow down to the FA or the Club for giving me the privilege of doing so.

As far as I'm concerned the fans of both clubs have been treated disgracefully and should make their voices heard as loudly as possible.

Lee

Thanks for the update...All round very disappointing, especially as days like cup semi finals come around once a lifetime and we live for these occasions....

OUT of interest

DO you think the club can do more or are planning to do more over the coming week to drum up sales?...

You may ask what can they do? I dont know but with all the negativity we need a week of positive press and publicity...

Front page of LET - First semi for 40 years - tickets on general sale...Support your team...

Lets think out of the BOX

Take the ticket office mobile - 1 day in Blackburn, 1 day in Clitheroe, 1 day in Accy, 1 day in Great Harwood go to the people...

WE NEED TO CONVINCE THE SUPPORTERS THIS IS ONCE IN A LIFETIME AND THEY ARE MISSING OUT

Views?

why bother.

people cant be bothered/cant afford to go, me included. But I will be going

how annoying can you be, really how annoying.....

as he said they do have the tickets but cannot sell in them areas, simple

rover.gif i/ll be as annoying as i want to be young man,were does he say they have tickets tinykit.gif

Look at the seating plans Waggy, off official site, its pretty self explanatory really.

To be honest all the 'buzz' of a Semi has gone for me now, because of the FA, low sales, and more importantly, this damn board!

Only if the tickets where priced slightly different, say £45 ones at £35 have the £35 at £27 and have the £25 ones at £20, I am sure we would of sold a lot more and the FA would of made more money for their greedy selves. It is unfortunate that the majority of tickets are priced at £45 and there are only a few areas for £25 and £35

rover.gif so cheap seats will be empty,thats great-if you were paying for a concert you get to pick your seats,not sorry mate were not opening that seaction till we've sold the rest,some off you are that far up brfc hole you can see tp's feet tinykit.gif

Look at the seating plans Waggy, off official site, its pretty self explanatory really.

To be honest all the 'buzz' of a Semi has gone for me now, because of the FA, low sales, and more importantly, this damn board!

rover.gif easily solved do not log in tinykit.gif

Don't know about anybody else, but I am already so excited about next weekend! I'll be unbearable by this time next week! wink.gif

Just incase anyone is that interested, I have been checking the long range forecast from the Met Office (you know, as part of planning what to wear!). This is taken from our intranet at the Environment Agency (sorry mods if I need a link):

11 April - 24 April 2005

·Overview: A changeable period is suggested with higher pressure across southern parts for a time while. Atlantic lows continue to move in from the west or northwest.

·Temperature: Daytime temperatures are suggest as recovering to around normal, although there are more likely to be some days above average, some days below. Night minima are suggested as being mostly

above average, suggestive of a good deal of cloud.

·Rainfall: For the north and northeast, near normal rainfall is suggested but, for Wales and the rest of England, wetter than normal period is more likely. Again, this is suggestive of wet days followed by drier

spells.

·Sunshine: For the north and northeast, average sunshine totals are suggested but, for the south and southwest, it is most likely to be rather dull at times. However, even here, some brighter days are also

possible.

·Confidence: MEDIUM for the recovery in temperatures but LOW for other details.

So, not totally clear from that, but maybe the roof will be closed. Anyway, I'm too excited to care whether it rains cool.gif

The "buzz" of the semi hasn't ever been there for me since the date and times were announced. I kind of expected the rip-off ticket prices.

The FA have managed to ruin what should be a special occasion for the clubs involved. I'll be there but, to be honest, I'm looking forward to the night before in Bristol more than the game itself. Stange really as I was really excited after we beat Leicester.

rover.gif easily solved do not log in tinykit.gif

No I prefer to log in to see what your latest whine is

Burnley tickets

Semi tickets

whatever next

The "buzz" of the semi hasn't ever been there for me since the date and times were announced. I kind of expected the rip-off ticket prices.

The FA have managed to ruin what should be a special occasion for the clubs involved. I'll be there but, to be honest, I'm looking forward to the night before in Bristol more than the game itself. Stange really as I was really excited after we beat Leicester.

I know what you mean, I think im staying over the night before, the p!ss up will be better, the result is a formality. Ive been Cardiff once, when it actually meant something and felt special.

This, however, does not

4) No Rovers fan in his right mind thinks we will get anything from this game ....

In which case I plead insanity. We are going to beat Arsenal I shall remain convinced of that until the final whistle or we are 3 - 0 down! No question. We will win, I can't conceive of going believing we will lose.

I'm optimistic about it, think we are tight at the back and could nick a goal. I certainly don't expect a drubbing, possibly 1-0 either way. They are poor at set pieces so as long as we can get the ball into the box (something MGP failed to do at Anfield) then we have a chance.