BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

a serious lack of ticket activity this morning. Whilst at the shop did not see 1 single person purchasing a ticket sad.gif

Rovers fans stand has failed to produce any sort of reaction from the footballing authorities and now it is time to accept that there is no way our game is going to be changed, be it kick off time or venue.

The things a farce but as the arse have now sold out its up to Rovers supporters to try their utmost best to get to Cardiff and give our team some support.

just imagine, we take 14000 fans, Arse have 40000PLUS and we manage to turn them over, how sad it will be to see a set of Rovers players celebrate the achievement of reaching an FA Cup final in front of such a low number of fans tinykit.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I live in Denmark and rarely gets the chance to see Rovers. However I'll be in London next weekend and I'd love to go to the game.

I could use some pointers on how to get there. What is the best way to get from London to Cardiff in time for the game? How much time should I count on for delays, getting into a stadium and so on?

I'm not used to travelling in England and I'm pretty much a big-game-virgin, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thought this info I just read on the Arsenal site might be useful for you:

At time of going to press there is only one service from London Paddington to Cardiff that will get you there on time. All Paddington to Cardiff and return service’s that day are diverted via Gloucester with an expected 45 minutes additional journey time.

Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway to Cardiff route is closed and is operating an all day bus shuttle service. Supporters are STRONGLY advised not to stay overnight in Bristol / Weston super Mare.

Driving to Newport / Bridgend either on the day or staying overnight is recommended and will be supported by a very good local train service to and from Cardiff.

Travel on the day to the Park and Ride facility at either Taffs Well or Radyr station on the Valleys network, this will link into a regular service to and from Cardiff.

For further details on any rail service’s please contact National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50

And for the three hundreth time, it isnt relevant - and they have probably been sent back with a copy of John Williams latest interview and a note that says "stupid kick off, stupid venue"

The club can ONLY sell the tickets in the order specified by the FA, its rule 26 b  of the challenge cup rules.

Sorry Stuw - I think it is

To me the club must have been aware of this before the tickets went on sale but the information was lacking in it numbers re 'limited tickets'

Yet again they have been very quiet on the subject - whether they could have done something or not about is another thing which I think you are trying to say.

It's like going into a shop for a new tv and there are two on the shelf - 1 at say £100 the other at £150 - the one at £100 has a damaged box (ie nothing at all wrong with the TV) but they will not sell it to you until the other one is sold - would you then buy the £150 TV?

Stu, we disagree,

That we do agree on wink.gif

Still think the club could have done more for the benefit of the fans against the regulations though - this won't be the end of it now from the FA though - get away with it once they will continue.

The Club can't have any argument about now about fans not attending , but as others have said I honestly don't give a monkeys how many we take.

I will be there, like your good self and others on here at least we tried to get something done about it and asked questions and raised worries - but this won't be the last of it.

I still say we take 20k ph34r.gif

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

As Arsenal have now sold out ... we can assume that they will be offered Rovers quota of West Stand tickets ... including the associated cheap seats... and as tickets have been put on OPEN sale.....Do you see where I'm going with this ???? wink.gif

Still think the club could have done more for the benefit of the fans against the regulations though - this won't be the end of it now from the FA though - get away with it once they will continue.

I don't see how the club could have done anything different. As you can see Arsenal have sold out and they will now be given the whole West Stand so if we had already sold those tickets against the specific instructions of the FA we could have been in line for all kinds of punishment.

Still think the club could have done more  for the benefit of the fans against the regulations though - this won't be the end of it now from the FA though - get away with it once they will continue.

I don't see how the club could have done anything different. As you can see Arsenal have sold out and they will now be given the whole West Stand so if we had already sold those tickets against the specific instructions of the FA we could have been in line for all kinds of punishment.

Only if they request them from the FA, but Arsenal selling out is good news as it means more moolah for the club.

I've just been chatting to GWR about my tickets out of Paddington - apparently there are only seats available on the 07:23 to Cardiff - and unless you have a reserved seat you will not be allowed on the 08:00 08:08 or 09:00 - so if you want a train ticket from London To Cardiff - get booking now

I don't mind not selling out but in a massive stadium it's just going to look at bit embarrassing!

I'm sure the FA are happy that the Arse have sold theirs out and I would imagine that they get a bit of our allocation to try and fill out the stadium a bit more!!

Its no good beating yourself up about it,except that we dont have the fanbase nor it appears the interest to take big numbers.

Its a crying shame but thats the way it is.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I think we do have the "fanbase", they're just not prosperous enough.

I wonder what it would cost to take Mum, Dad and two kids down to Cardiff, stay overnight and then watch the game?

£200 for train tickets?

£100 for accommodation?

£50 + for food?

£150 for match tickets?

Could easily end up spending £500 just to watch the game, when it can be done from home for a lot cheaper.

Football is just too expensive.

Yes, but unless I'm missing something they have far bigger fan bases than we have for a start.....

(as you have already pointed out so why the grief mad.gif )

Just be thankful if you are able to go and give it a rest.

Edited by roversmum

And is Blackburn as properous as London?

Blackburn is not a prosperous area, it also has the lowest population of the lot, so some very simple maths:

% of Arsenal fans that can afford to go = x

% of Blackburn fans that can afford to go = y

Total number of Arsenal fans = X

Total number of Blackburn fans = Y

x > y

X > Y

=> X.x >> Y.y

In other words, STFU and stop whinging you wailing get. wink.gif

Still think the club could have done more  for the benefit of the fans against the regulations though - this won't be the end of it now from the FA though - get away with it once they will continue.

Mb - See Ewood Sparks post and think about it wink.gif