BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Amoruso

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes; slow and clumsy, he is not premiership standard and no mater what good attributes he has - such as his strength and heading ability - he is not worth the huge wages we are paying him.

By the way, footballing ability aside, I love the guy!

he may be classed as a 'centre defender' but the only half good thing he can do is score the odd header and free kicks. Remeber Goodison last season when him and short delt with Rooney superbly, that was his best game though.

Edited by robbojohnno

Very good backs-to-the-wall defender. For example at Fratton Park last season. Strong, powerful in the air and brave.

However, very sluggish and prone to the odd mistake so shouldn't be in the first team. Short, Nissa, Todd and Nelsen are all better.

Seems a very good bloke who comes in for a lot of stick, especially on here. Most of it started when he got his injury, which is perculiar as you can;t actually be rubbish when you aren't playing.

You cant be good either, and you can still bleed the club dry!

My point is that before the injury he had his fans and he had his detractors. He was recognised for the good things he did (and he did do some good things) and was rightly criticised for his bad performances when he had them.

Since the injury a lot of people have started exaggerating how bad he is. Whether they have short/bad memories or whether it is just in comparison to the excellent centreback performances we've been treated to regularly, it just seems slightly odd.

The same kind of thing happens to Nissa. Spells in the team are met with appreciation because he's a good player. When he's out then people "can't see the point in him" and call him "dodgy".

Interestingly, the opposite happened with Thommo. The longer he was out, the more convinced people were that he was the answer and would turn things around when he came back.

Don't agree with you on Thompson. Just think a lot hoped that he would step back into the team and put in the sort of performances he did when he first came, when he was truly awesome. For obvious reasons that was never really going to happen and hasn't, but unlike others I'm giving him some time to get back into things. We really aren't great fans when it comes to dealing with injured players. Either terribly optimistic to the point of being totally unrealistic or simply won't give the player the time of day and decide that he may as well leave.

I for one have never rated Amoruso. Hes far too slow for a centre Half. He may do a job in defensive Midfield with his passing abilities, but Amoruso and Short are pretty much past it. Thompson needs time, i say judge him at the end of next season, same with Emerton (He had the attributes to be outstanding).

I agree with Bellamy11, except about Amoruso. Same has happened with Stead, everyone loved him this time last year, now he gets slated. I say look at his allround game, his holding up of the ball and bringing other players into the game is top draw, also the service he has had. Everyone deserves their chance, just Amoruso is gettin too old, and has been essentially replaced by younger better players

Well I dont really like Amo aswell and believe we should get rid A.S.A.P. But he was one of the major factors we stayed up last season when he returned to the team. And im pretty sure that we usually won or drew in the games Amo played? But there's one thing I'll never forget was in the Villa game at ewood this season when he took about 5 goes to head a simple ball away(anyone else remember that?)

And about Thompson- i know he's been poor since he returned but i dont think we should get rid of him. He showed in that game away to Everton that he still hasnt lost it yet.

I was wondering what people though of the lanky italian.

trying to get up the post total it seems. you only need to look at a couple threads or be here for a week to know everyones opinion.

or maybe im a fan wondering about a player and other peoples opinions and your too bothered about how many post a person has. who cares?

Edited by robbojohnno

I was wondering what people though of the lanky italian.

trying to get up the post total it seems. you only need to look at a couple threads or be here for a week to know everyones opinion.

Who cares about post totals anyway? I don't see any signatures saying "26,000 posts encounting!" do you?

Edited by promoted2001

Why is there always some sort of moaning, whining and insulting nearly everyday on this site. Some of you are too quick to have a go at other people especially to new posters. However try to stop the pointless posts as its pretty obvious thats whats happening in this thread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.