• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, highlights from my webfeed

WBA Lucky not to have a penalty early on for a Neill handbook

Not convinced the freekick which resulted in the goal was a freekick, however

Richardsoin struck it oh so sweetly.

Stead, the unluckiest football player alive, he controleld it beautifully, hit it on the half volley, beat the keeper, and CRASH - into the post.

Other than that not a huge amount of note.

Well give a summary of how I saw the half.

We set out our stall in the usual way and I have to say they never looked like scoring. We kept the ball well throughout apart from one or two sloppy passes, but that's to be expected in what was quite an "all action" game. If we are thugs then I'm not quite sure what West Brom are. Not only did they foul more but they disputed every decision and really it wasn't very pleasant.

First bad thing I can say about Nelsen really but he gave away a daft free kick in a dangerous area and was punished. Horsfield had his back to goal with 5 defenders around him and Nelsen was all over him. Stupid really, and other than that they never looked like scoring apart from when Todd softly headed the ball towards the giant thumb, though luckily for us he couldn't shoot.

As I said we kept the ball well and there was some good movement, especially after the goal which seemed to galvanise us a bit and it was surprising and encouraging to see how much space we found within the West Brom half despite the fact that they had every player in it.

What can you say about Stead? Great movement and he couldn't have struck that half volley from the edge of the area any better, probably a cm or two to the left and he would have been celebrating a cracking goal, one that on the basis of the game we probably deserve as West Brom have not looked the better team.

Really didn't look like scoring on any other attacks, though a great Neill cross nearly picked out Savage at the far post had it not been for a touch from Gera. Some good forward running from Stead and Pedersen did at times look dangerous though they never had any support. We passed the ball well, but importantly it was always in front of them, on only a few instances did we get past their defenders and nothing ever came of it.

We were the better team. Hopefully in the second half our luck will change and we will really go for it. West Brom looked happy to sit on their lead and that could play right into our hands.

STEAD hits the inside of the post!! How unlucky can the poor man get?!

and it somehow went out for a goalkick

who's watching the game, you or me? cool.gif When I say inside I mean Inside..

HT

1-0

It was the inside, i was expecting it to hit the other post and go in!

Still alot left for us in this game, 3 points not out of the question if we kick start mgp and let galli have a run at them! tinykit.gif

Well, highlights from my webfeed

WBA Lucky not to have a penalty early on for a Neill handbook

That sounds like a good swap

Are the Neill handbooks any good? Are they about the art of how not to defend?

It's probably a guide to surfing in Australia, and was produced for the benefit of Dwight Yorke for when bothering to play football is too much like work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.