BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Cup

Congratulations. The only team who could have pulled 3 goals back against the best defensive team in the world.

318573[/snapback]

Before tonight, Milan had conceded nine goals in four games; now 12 in five. Hardly the best defensive team in the world.

Maldini is 37 next month, Kafu 35 next month, Stam 32 and Nesta a relative spring chicken of 29. Washed up and finished some would day.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why?every time juve attacked the linesman flagged....chelsea ?mmmm the whole ball over the line ??/tonight penalty gerrard dived...and smicer ,ac shouldve of had free kick for offside before smicer scored...and in pens jesey pudyak was blocking penalites by doing the foxtrot on the penalty spot ...cheats lucky whatever .

318545[/snapback]

Yeah yeah yeah, and Liverpool should have had a penalty for handball and Crespo was offside for Milans second goal. Yak Yak Yak

Any team that can claw it's way back from 3-0 down after 45 minutes deserves applause. The day that we do it will be a firework day.

Well done Liverpool

Gerrard proved tonight he is the best in the world in his position what a player, shame he wasnt born about 20 miles NE

318564[/snapback]

Not too sure. He was excellent in the second half but at half time I was begining to start one of my Beckham-esque over-rated rants after his first 45 minutes. If it doesn't work out for him in midfield he'd make a half decent full back though!

Congratulations. The only team who could have pulled 3 goals back against the best defensive team in the world. Liverpool - deserved champs of Europe.

318573[/snapback]

Tongue in cheek in more ways than one I hope. They looked decisively shaky in the only part of the game Liverpool put them under real pressure and Eindhoven ripped their back 4 to pieces over two legs in the semi's but were too wasteful. Barca would have buried them.

Don't get me wrong though. They did very well and I enjoyed it thoroughly. As mentioned it will also shut the Mancs up a bit about 1999.

As they say on Merseyside - Dat woz great dat.

Edited by Hasta

Congratulations. The only team who could have pulled 3 goals back against the best defensive team in the world.

318573[/snapback]

Before tonight, Milan had conceded nine goals in four games; now 12 in five. Hardly the best defensive team in the world.

Maldini is 37 next month, Kafu 35 next month, Stam 32 and Nesta a relative spring chicken of 29. Washed up and finished some would day.

318577[/snapback]

If their defense is so bad how did they get all the way to the final and how are they second in Serie A

Edited by Grabbi Graeme

You guys support them because they are British? 

How many English where playing...2!!!!!!

At least the italians had a majority of italians in the team

318586[/snapback]

Im half engish , Half italien but England is where i live so I support English teames ( Unless man or Chelsea are playin)

JIm MK11 and any english football fan showing negativity to Liverpool after that.

If you are english and wanted an Italian team to win you are not a football fan in my opinion. Just bitter and twisted.

318560[/snapback]

Can't quite agree with that, how many British players are there in the Liverpool side? Spanish coach? I can't muster up any affinity for them at all and I used to love Shankly's and Keegan's Liverpool and had massive awe and respect for Paisley's Liverpool.

I also agree with Abbey that anything which makes one of our rivals stronger is a bad thing from our point of view. Recently the top 3 have been light years ahead of the rest with nothing much separating the rest in pure footballing terms. Anything that propels a fourth club onto that loftier plane can not be good for us.

All that said I am extremely pleased for Gerrard who has had to carry a very average side on his shoulders over the last few seasons and who has had to take some very unfair criticism recently IMO.

[Can't quite agree with that, how many British players are there in the Liverpool side? Spanish coach? I can't muster up any affinity for them at all and I used to love Shankly's and Keegan's Liverpool and had massive awe and respect for Paisley's Liverpool.

318590[/snapback]

Hear, hear.

i couldnt give a stuff about supporting the English, but i'm glad the underdogs won. Was at goals soccer centre, our game finished 2 mins before end of extra time and we ran over to see the penalties faster than we ran the whole game we'd just played.

318586[/snapback]

4 in 14 players that played is a majority? tongue.gif

318586[/snapback]

Im half engish , Half italien but England is where i live so I support English teames ( Unless man or Chelsea are playin)

318589[/snapback]

So, it's ok you don't like chelsea and Man utd but other people can't like Liverpool and wish for their defeat?

You beat me to it Oaklahoma, I was just about to say thay Milan are hardly overblessed with Italian players.

Maybe Neekoy thinks that Shevchenko, Cafu, Dida, Stam, Seedorf sound like Italian names.

Who cares that there were only 2 english players for Liverpool, but them 2 players are Liverpool born and bred and they know what it means to win this trophy.

And Crespo has an italian passport tongue.gif

At least they had 6 home grown talent in their squad, Liverpool are full to the brim with foreign players

I just don't understand how people can support them for the " they are english" arguement

Crespo has a Italian passport because of the time he has lived in Italy but he is still from Argentina.

If you live in a country for I think 5 years you can have duel nationality, Amoruso could actually play for Scotland but they turned him down, even they have standards.

The fact is that a team from England won it, makes no difference where the players were born, why can't people be pleased that the top trophy in Europe hase been won by a english team.

Personally I hate Liverpool, they bitch and moan about us and other teams. Their no better than bottom wanderers but Dudek did make me laugh in the penalties. Lucky, very very lucky. The Dudek save from the followup to shev's header summed it up for me.

[Can't quite agree with that, how many British players are there in the Liverpool side? Spanish coach? I can't muster up any affinity for them at all and I used to love Shankly's and Keegan's Liverpool and had massive awe and respect for Paisley's Liverpool.

318590[/snapback]

Hear, hear.

318592[/snapback]

Yeah like we are overwhelmed with british talent

Friedel USA

Neill Australia

Nelsen New Zeland

Todd English

Matteo Jock ( non talent)

Tugay Turkey

Reid Irish

Pedersen Norway

Emerton Australia

Mokena South Africa

Dickov Jock

also add into that Gresko, Encklmen, Johnson

Personally I would support Blackburn if they were based in Beirut, I love the club and everything it stands for

This is a totally different situation to supporting an "english" team in Europe

If it was reversed and Rovers had just won, I would say the say thing to Liverpool supporters if they went for Rovers because they were "english"

I have to say I am suprised by all of the negativity towards Liverpool. They are an outsider, and whatsmore an English outsider, to win a major tournament.

This is good because it means the Champions League is not becoming as dull as everybody thought. Furthermore it means clubs like Everton, PSV etc can go into next years competition with a bit of hope. For that alone I welcome a Liverpool win, it makes things more open.

Also Liverpool played with a bit of heart and it was an incredible game, Steven Gerrard seems about as 'real' a footballer as you can get in the modern game and it was brilliant to see him lift the trophy. I have no soft spot for liverpool but they are certainly closer to my heart than the corporate bully clubs of Chelsea, Man Utd and AC Milan.

So what if they have only two English players. I would like to see more in the game but you can hardly blame them. Virtually every club in the league is like that, including ourselves.

So much bitterness for very little point in my view. Good on them.

You obviously don't have pigheaded scouser friends then

Yes I agree it was a good match to watch, but it is a poor reflection that the number 1 european club only finishes 5th in the domestic league.

This crap also about Liverpool defending their title next year is a rort, european qualification should be something that is earned over 38 games of tough grinding domestic competition.

318590[/snapback]

Hear, hear.

318592[/snapback]

Yeah like we are overwhelmed with british talent

Friedel USA

Neill Australia

Nelsen New Zeland

Todd English

Matteo Jock ( non talent)

Tugay Turkey

Reid Irish

Pedersen Norway

Emerton Australia

Mokena South Africa

Dickov Jock

also add into that Gresko, Encklmen, Johnson

318611[/snapback]

Fair point, was thinking about this after complaining about Liverpool's lack of British talent.

We usually field at least five British players in our eleven.

1) Gray or Matteo or McEveley

2) Todd

3) Savage or Flitcroft

4) Reid

5) Dickov or Stead or Gallagher

That sometimes becomes six if Thompson starts ahead of Emerton. There's a big difference between two and five or six which I actually think is the right sort of blend.

I still can't really see how the neutral British soccer fan can be expected to be any more excited about the current Liverpool outfit achieving success than say someone like Deportivo La Coruna.

To the extent it was a stirring comeback and a triumph for the underdog then yes it represented everything that was good about the game. Again not something necessarily associated with the Liverpool of the last few seasons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.