SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Warne isn't being put into bat? He was a real problem in the first innings and he'll be no use to Australia if he has no partners left?

I don't understand why Warne isn't being put into bat? He was a real problem in the first innings and he'll be no use to Australia if he has no partners left?

339221[/snapback]

Ponting is looking for players who can stick with him. Gillespie "looked" like the man for that. biggrin.gif

didnt take the option of the last day as overtime drew me to work smile.gif

fantastic days cricket

credit must go to Ricky Ponting and his players

credit must go to the England players for their efforts

credit must go to the ground staff for the pitch

credit must go to the two umpires who were simply fantastic (take a note muppet referees of the premier league)

credit must go to BOTH sets of supporters, FANtastic

Heres to Trent Bridge laugh.gif

Australia very lucky to get away with that. England deserved to win, but don't begrudge me the sense of relief.

It's scary to think that Australia scored a lot of runs, enough to win many other tests, but England scored 51 more with 3 wickets in hand over Australia (They had 4 when they declared, Australia had 1 at the end)... and of course, they were going for it in the second innings, and gave away some wickets.

The last two tests have been... just so nerve wracking... the 4th test is going to be manic. I'm as glad as the players for the 9 day break now. The media won't let us forget though, as I am sure they are going to be full of the possible selection changes.

Sadly, but rightly, Gillispie is likely to be dropped. That'll be the first big point of discussion I'd imagine. Maybe we'll discuss it here smile.gif Goodnight

I don't think I can take much more of this!

another amazing test, just a pitty england could just not finish it off.

this series is the best I have ever seen.

at it's best (and this series is) no other sport comes close to test cricket

Brilliant test match, shame about the result though, England really did deserve to win it, if only Saturday hadn't been a wash-out, the score would be 2-1 and then the pressure would really be on the Aussies.

Just got back from the test. Had a quality time, the atmosphere under the replay screen where we were sat was amazing. Never been to a proper test match before but definatly want to go again. 8 hours of entertainment for a tenner, you can't argue with that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.