[Archived] Robbie Savage

Tris

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it was my first serious post on this board  wink.gif  laugh.gif

344177[/snapback]

I avoided posting during the slanging match earlier, even though Chesh did go fishing a few times.

For goodness sake, you've highlighted and enlarged your signature, even though you've spelt it wrong.

No need to accuse you of being a titt, your posts do it for you.

err lol

Just watched Toshack and he really is a kn*b. It is personal between him and Savage - also Hughes and Bowen may I add.

So Savage can come out and says what he wants regarding Wales. As I said in my previous post, Hughes has advised him this season not to speak to press before/after matches, but he is allowed to air his grievances over Wales which is fair enough.

I was massively impressed with savo all through the game at villa, that man hates loosing and will do almost anything to make sure it doesn't happen.

The one point in the villa game that stood out for me was when a villa player was injured and nelson, todd and savo were having a discussion about tactics.

I could see that sav was explaining the problem over balls over our defence and baros and co running on to them, todd dismissed it and walked away.

I much prefer a vocal cap that makes things happen on the field both making decisions himself and relaying the decisions from sidelines.

As much as I think Andy Todd is an absolute legend I think the captains armband should be passed to sav.

people keep on mentioning that hughes has told savage not to speak to the press about Rovers unless he is man of the match. Does this apply to every player or just savage? if just sav then has he spoken out of turn at some point, do we know Hughes reasons for this?

I avoided posting during the slanging match earlier, even though Chesh did go fishing a few times.

For goodness sake, you've highlighted and enlarged your signature, even though you've spelt it wrong.

344198[/snapback]

I was going to mention that but you beat me to it.

Wez, its "We're" wink.gif

Not often I side with the 'complete pr!ck' but I am doing this time Tris.

Other than keeping a dignified silence over the Welsh thing I've few problems with Savage. If he had a yard of pace extra and was 3 years younger he would not be here anyway. His attitude on the pitch is exemplory and an example to the rest of the team, with the only problem being his tendency to pick up cheap and often unecessary bookings as against West Ham and Spurs..... better challenging too strongly rather than not challenging at all though -- like a certain right winger. Sav may not have the vision of Cantona or the touch of Zidane but he's our 'water carrier' or the Didier Deschamps which every club needs in midfield.

One thing that I have noticed, and maybe it's something to do with hairstyles, but some people have simply made their mind up to dislike him from the start and will resolutely refuse to change their minds. The attitude to Sav is just like that held toward Tim Sherwood who similarly gave his all on the pitch, who was even presented with the piggin Prem Trophy on our behalf, who similarly was short of pace but who was hardly ever injured AND who was imo vastly underrated as both a player and as a captain of the club too.

As the saying goes 'if your face does not fit.......'

Edited by thenodrog

No need to accuse you of being a titt, your posts do it for you.

err  lol

344198[/snapback]

you are a scouser!,

an Ugly scouser,

your only happy on giro day

your mums out stealing

your dads drug dealing

so please dont take my hubcaps away lalalalalalallalalaala WHO lalalalallaa HO

This tit is getting on my nerves. Its posts are like a virus infecting the MB.

344254[/snapback]

no, he his hilarious and a right character! You need characters on an interent forum like him. dry.gif

Hes not harming anyone.....well, not any rovers fans anyway.

Robbie Savage is a total embarrassment.

344319[/snapback]

Why would that be? Beacuse he clocked a team mate in a key European Cup match? Or perhaps beacuse he was caught out "getting friendly" with a lap dancer and nanny, and spending thousands (of someone else's money) trying to keep it from his Missus?

Ok, granted, Savage may be a bit of a Clown, but calling him an embarrassment is way OTT.

Yes Savage is an average footballer, but everything he does he does with 100% effort. I would rather have him than a player who plays when he wants to. Savage is also a fans player, he likes a bit of banter with the fans and is usually smiling unlike some of the miseries. Remember football is about entertainment, its a form of showbusiness.

As for Waz why should he be banned? I enjoyed winding him up on a thread about the bother at Villa Park, hes only a kid, totally harmless really. dont think he likes being called Waz though!

Personally im glad that Savage wont be playing for Wales anymore, it saves him getting injured. tinykit.gif

This tit is getting on my nerves. Its posts are like a virus infecting the MB.

344254[/snapback]

Oh how very dramatic........ have a word with him at the next home game... im sure he will listen politley to your point of view.

You do go to the home games dont you? where do you sit?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.